OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:14:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgiveness Sunday 2010  (Read 2701 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« on: February 12, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »

My sisters and brothers, reverend Fathers and deacons and all who post here on OCnet,

For the love of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I ask each one of you to forgive me for my offences against you, for my sharp tongue, for my sarcasm, for my pride, for my anger, for my rudeness, for my boasting, for my hypocrisy, for my disrespect, and for any offence I may have knowingly or unknowingly caused you.
Please remember the sinner George in your prayers as we enter this Holy Season of Lent , and I will keep you all in mine.

George

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »

God forgives!

Please forgive me as well, and pray for me.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I also seek your forgiveness for any offence of mine. Forgive this wretched sinner and pray for me. I, too, shall pray for you, during this Lenten season and always.

Lord, have mercy on us all.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »

Forgive me my friends for all trespasses which I, a worthless sinner, have committed against you.

Lord have mercy on us all.

In Christ,

SolEX01
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate: Orthodox Metropolis of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »

Forgive me a poor sinner.

Ginnog Hesu Kristo, Anak sa Diyos, kaluy-i kami mga makasasala!
Lord Jesus Christ, Sone of God, have mercy on us!

With all humility,
Matthias

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

My soul! O my soul! Arise!
How long wouldst thou sleep?
Thine end draweth near,
and thou art about to be disturbed!
Awake, therefore, that Christ may have Compassion on thee,
God present in every place and filling all things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTtM_4uH98

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »

May God Forgive!
Хай Бог Простить!
May God Forgive, and I forgive!

(That's the way we do it in our Ukrainian Orthodox community).

I, too, the worst of all sinners, ask for forgiveness from all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I suffer from pride, pettiness, greed, slothfulness, and a myriad of other shortcomings, too numerous to mention.

I ask forgiveness.
I ask a second time.
I ask a third time.

May the Lord have mercy on my soul.  May He, and all of you forgive me, and all who ask forgiveness.
May He strengthen us and help us to walk the straight and narrow path, with minimal stumbling.

I wish you all a blessed Lenten journey.

You have been and will always remain in my prayers.

Please pray for me, a sinner.

Liza

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ--OzGeorge and all of those who asked for forgiveness to this time, as well as those who will do so after my post:

I forgive you all and humbly beg you to forgive me, a sinner. Kyrill

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »

Please forgive me everyone, for the countless times  I have hurt each of you. Thank you all for your love and patience with me. May we all be strengthened and comforted.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »

If I have sinned against any of you or offended any of you in any way, I humbly ask your forgiveness.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »

I ask forgiveness for my pride and any instances of disrespect that I have shown to any members of this forum.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »

Not a single person on this forum has ever sinned against me, so there is nothing in any one of you that I could forgive.

On the other hand, I know that I sinned against many of you or even against all of you. I remember all too clearly the times when I was rude, disrespectful, stubborn, insulting and hurting your feelings. There were times when I would sit down to post something to this forum being drunk.

Please forgive me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:54:32 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »

Fathers, sisters and brothers, please forgive me.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

My brothers and sisters, forgive me for sinning against you.

"To those who hate us, and to those who love us, may God forgive both you and us."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »

Please forgive me if I have offended any of you. I'm sure I have in some way, shape or form.

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
monkvasyl
High Elder

Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »

Fathers, Mothers, Deacons, Brothers and Sisters forgive this sinner.  May God bless us with a fruitful journey to Holy and Great Pascha.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
ms.hoorah
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

I forgive and God forgives.

My brothers and sisters, please forgive me.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 04:54:47 PM »

Forgive me everyone for the sins I have committed against you; when I was sarcastic, facetious, short-tempered, when I overmoderated you or undermoderated people I should have moderated, or when I jumped in to a thread guns-a-blazing and administered arbitrary justice...I do regret all my mistakes and ask you to forgive and pray for me. The forum will never suit everyone, but for the times when I caused your displeasure, I beg your pardon.

If anyone thinks that he or she owes me an apology, I certainly don't recall any offense but know that you are forgiven without even having to ask. I am sure I provoked it anyway.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:55:23 PM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »

Please, forgive all the improper actions I've made to you.

no longer posting here
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »

For all those I have offended whether through action or inaction, please forgive me not because I deserve such a favor from any of you, but only because it is through forgiveness that we imitate Christ.

I love this prayer in Great Compline:

O LORD Almighty, the God of our fathers Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and of their righteous seed;
that hast made the heaven and the earth with all their adornment;
that hast bound the sea with the word of thy commandment; that hast closed the abyss and sealed it with thy fearful and glorious name;
whom all things revere and tremble before the face of thy power,
because the magnificence of thy glory is unendurable and irresistible the wrath of thy threatening against sinners:
the mercy of thy promise is both immeasurable and inscrutable;
for thou art the Lord most high, compassionate, longsuffering, and most merciful, repenting of the evils of men. Thou, Lord, according to the abundance of thy goodness, hast proclaimed repentance and forgiveness to those that have sinned against thee, and in the multitude of thy kindnesses thou hast decreed for sinners repentance unto salvation.

Surely thou, O Lord, the God of the just, hast not appointed repentance for the just, for Abraham and Isaac and Jacob who have not sinned against thee; but thou hast appointed repentance for me a sinner:
for I have sinned above the number of the sand of the sea. My transgressions are multiplied, O Lord, they are multiplied, and I am not worthy to look at or see the height of heaven, for the multitude of my iniquities,
being bowed down by many iron bonds, so that I cannot uplift my head, and there is no release for me, because I have provoked thy anger, and have done evil before thee, not doing thy will, nor keeping thy commandments, but setting up abominations and multiplying offences.
And now I bend the knee of my heart, beseeching thy goodness:
I have sinned, Lord, I have sinned, and I acknowledge my transgressions:
but I pray and beseech thee, release me, Lord, release me, and destroy me not with my transgressions; keep not evils for me in anger for ever, nor condemn me to the lowest parts of the earth: because thou art God, the God of the repenting; and in me thou wilt shew all thy benevolence, for that me unworthy thou wilt save, according to thy great mercy:
and I will praise thee continually all the days of my life: for all the hosts of the heavens sings to thee, and thine is the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »

For my sharp, often tactless wit...  For my sometimes badgering questions...  For my quickness to overmoderate some situations while being slow to moderate others that really need quick action...  For my love of a good scrap, especially in the Private Forum...  For all the other ways wherein I have sinned against you all this past year...  Please forgive me.

O Lord of Hosts, be with us, for we have none other help in time of sorrow but You.
O Lord of Hosts, have mercy on us!

a prayer from the Great Compline service
Mivac

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 06:08:40 PM »

Please forgive me for any offence I have committed agains any of you, for my inability to properly communicate, and my uncontrolled passions.

Lord have mercy on me, I do not mean to offend, but to learn, grow, heal and fellowship with a pure heart.

I also want to say that before anyone has asked, I have already forgiven.  Love you all and thank you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:29:06 PM by Mivac » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »

I forgive all of you, but not because you have sinned against me. The beam in mine own eye is too great.

Please forgive me for my careless words that are too often laced with sarcasm and almost always flow from pride and egotism. Forgive me for trying to asert my own intelligence and for desiring to "win" debates more than I desire to win brothers and sisters in Christ. Forgive me for not being humble enough to admit when I'm wrong, and for immitating Pharisaic pride without practicing Pharisaic devotion. Forgive for always ending every post with the word "selam" (peace), even though I often post in a less than an irenic manner. Forgive me for bringing shame upon my family, my parish, and my Lord by my unChristian behavior on this board.

Thanks to all of you who are patient and loving towards me even when I have spoken harshly and in arrogance.  

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."

A blessed Lent to one and all.

Selam
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:51:40 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

For my overuse of vinegar over oil, I ask forgiveness.

I hold nothing against anyone here.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »

Fathers, brothers and sisters, please forgive me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:40:31 AM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »

May our Father forgive us our sins as we forgive one another.

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »

Please forgive me, all.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

My brothers and sisters,
Forgive me, a sinner, for all the sad faults and sins that I am all too aware of, and a blessed Lent to all of you!
Katherine

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
arnI

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

Forgive me as I forgive all.
Amen. Amen. Amen.

Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: