OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 03:15:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACOE Sacraments to a Very Sick non-ACOE Christian?  (Read 462 times) Average Rating: 0
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« on: November 20, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »

Lord have Mercy on Randy and Vasyl poor sinners !

Give sacraments to your friend quickly please! I can get (depending where you live) an ACOE priest to give him communion, absolution and extreme unction. Where does he live?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:57:57 PM by Rafa999 » Logged

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »

Sacraments to friend when he is awake...call an ACOE priest if he is not Orthodox, he will give absolution and Eucharist.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »

ACOE?  Assyrian Church of the East?  What if he doesn't belong to ACOE?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »

ACOE?  Assyrian Church of the East?  What if he doesn't belong to ACOE?

His friend is not Orthodox, the ACOE has an open communion approach and would gladly give him absolution and the bread of life. If there is a priest next to where he lives that is, which why I ask where he lives.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:02:19 PM by Rafa999 » Logged

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 05:04:43 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Honestly, I do believe that is is within the teachings of Orthodox for priests to give the Eucharist to unbaptized who are in very very serious illness or incapacity, but in reality this is only supposing these people make the request somehow themselves.  Unless a person themselves recognize the Real Presence of the Divine Mystery of the Offering/Eucharist, then it is not necessarily worthless but truly not necessarily even necessary!

But if the ill person or their family or you as their family/friend is believing and requesting such Mysterious attention and there is a consenting priest, surely it is all good, legal and more important spiritual effective and operative.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: