OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 08:03:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And they call themselves Christians . . . . .  (Read 25088 times) Average Rating: 0
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« on: December 30, 2003, 04:30:08 PM »

I recently sent off a message to many of the staff at CF asking for some explanations of the poor way in which I was treated before I abandon the forum completely - and you know not one has yet offered me any explanation for why I was banned.  I have to say that I am completely disgusted with their secretive  ways.  You would think that after contacting the owner of the forum, much of the sr staff and several of the moderators just ONE person would send a message saying - this is why you were banned.  2 weeks and nothing.  And they call themselves Christians.

okay thats my rant for today.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:34:39 PM »

Feeling better now Grin

Have to admit  it does not seem reasonable

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 04:36:39 PM »

What's CF?

Obviously somewhere I better not go.

PT

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 04:37:04 PM »

slave: I'm most ticked off by the fact that I really liked that place.  I liked so many of the people and was okay with the rules.  But part of the rules was that a person would be NOTIFIED AND WARNED before action would be taken.  I recieved no notification no warning - just got banned.  NOW no one can seem to offer an answer for WHY the action was taken.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 04:38:34 PM »

What's CF?

Obviously somewhere I better not go.

PT

Another forum.  if you would like the address I can IM it to you, but I will not post it here in this forum. Some of the other members here are also members there (which is how I ended up here) and one member here is a moderator there.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 04:39:52 PM »

No, don't bother. I am trying hard enough here to think a little before I post, witness a massive rewriting of a reply to Linus7 which was written too hastily. The last thing I need is to get drawn into anywhere else at the mo.

PT

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 05:21:14 PM »

Br Max

If you want a laugh I got banned from an RC Forum without warning too --they apparently sent me a PM but by the time I was notified of it they had done the deed Grin

So I got on again with a different Computer  and ISP and just managed to get off before they did it again.

I'm not RC enough for them ___ ME HuhHuh?? Not RC enough.

Oh I'm on there again but I'm totally fed up with the attitude there.

I think it's coming off the Computer before I do something really silly

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 05:28:35 PM »

I've been banned from a homosexual list run by an ex-Orthodox priest because I kept asking questions that were interpreted as bigotry and homophobia. I'm neither I hope. But I often find that liberals are the most intolerant folk.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 05:29:52 PM »

I've been banned from a homosexual list run by an ex-Orthodox priest because I kept asking questions that were interpreted as bigotry and homophobia. I'm neither I hope. But I often find that liberals are the most intolerant folk.

AH the whole acceptance confused with tolerance gig.  *sigh*

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 05:37:42 PM »

Hmm - maybe it's time to start a thread on bannings and see who has most   Grin Grin Grin

well let's say most for stupid reasons

- St. John Maximovitch
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 05:45:13 PM »

the slave: this is the only time I have been banned.  I have chosen to leave places of my own accord, but this is the first time I have been banned.  MIND YOU - that there have been people who wanted to see me banned from different places for perceived infractions.  Like in the Yahoo! Chat catholic rooms there are those who would like me banned for being a “fake.”  Since there is no possible way some one can be a brother or a franciscan without being roman catholic. Roll Eyes

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 05:52:25 PM »

Oh it has to be admitted I am not the only one here who has been banned from that particular RC Board. It used to be reasonably friendly to Eastern folk - but not now Sad But if they try and get rid of me again I won't be able to read the banning message - Iv'e forgotten my hotmail password Grin

- St. John Maximovitch
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 05:54:01 PM »

Vicki - you want sweetness and light for the future - and it's New Years Eve tomorrow ??

Lumps of coal and shortie and WHISKY

- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 05:55:24 PM »

Well I left the Indiana list after months of abuse and months of staying awake all night composing lengthy posts which were just responded to with more abuse.

And I left OrthodoxWest after I objected to it being considered fair game by the listowner, who I've known for many years on and of, that Roman Catholics should be called 'Papists' and I should be called a 'Monophysite' because it was an Orthodox list and if I didn't like it......

I've just tailed off other lists when they became fruitless and passion causing.

I am trying hard here to not respond to each and every polemical opportunity, to wait in patience and with thoughtfulness, and win friends rather than crush enemies under the weight of my gigantic intellect. Smiley

And the idea of wishing a blessing on the one that is being responded to what as good idea.

PT

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 06:04:59 PM »

Me, I've got a pint of Caffrey's

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 06:12:28 PM »

I've a pint oif Ruddles County

- St. John Maximovitch
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 06:21:55 PM »

BOOZERS!! you'll all burn in hell!!

Pass the Souther Comfort will you. Wink

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 06:36:35 PM »

And you think you won't ??

- St. John Maximovitch
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 06:45:45 PM »

Pass the Souther Comfort will you. Wink

Br. Max -- real men drink Ouzo. In fact I am drinking some now and grilling some pork ribs outside (ran down here to check on things).

Wanted to make sure I had not been banned  Grin
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 06:49:26 PM by Tom+ú » Logged
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 06:48:35 PM »

What's Souther Comfort? Did you mean Southron Comfort?

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2003, 06:53:31 PM »

HEATHENS the lot of you!! I'm just going to go sit in the corner and drink my southern comfort!

http://www.basketsandbeanies.com/images/southerncomfortsign.jpg
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 06:56:56 PM by Br. Max, OFC » Logged

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2003, 06:59:50 PM »

Yeah, you do that. And don't come out until you are prepared to drink a good bitter like the rest of us. Smiley

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »

Yeah, you do that. And don't come out until you are prepared to drink a good bitter like the rest of us. Smiley

now thats an oxymoron.  GOOD bitter??  Huh

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2003, 07:12:05 PM »

Hey, don't you call me an oxymoron.

Bitter puts hairs on your chest, and the best need eating with a knife and fork.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2003, 07:22:24 PM »

Hey, don't you call me an oxymoron.

Bitter puts hairs on your chest, and the best need eating with a knife and fork.

I don't need anything to put hair on my chest!  If I had any more hair on my chest, people would think I was GREEK!!!

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2003, 07:23:37 PM »

Bitter is Best

- St. John Maximovitch
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2003, 07:58:07 PM »

Dear Posters:

Please pray for one Jason at CF. He's very feisty and so hyper anti-Orthodox that he's probably already approached his bishop as to why the Melkite Greek Catholics are allowed to omit the "filioque" from the Nicene Creed.  He wants to solve the schism by forcing the Orthodox to accept all the dogmas of the Roman Catholic Church including the filioque. He seems ignorant of history in this regard. When I mentioned that the pope says the Orthodox Nicene Creed without the filioque, he muttered some nonsense about it and said that the "filioque" was still essential to Catholic belief.

So, please pray for him.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2003, 09:13:09 PM »

Br. Max -- real men drink Ouzo. In fact I am drinking some now and grilling some pork ribs outside

TomS,
Real Greeks drink Metaxa (5 or 7 Star) and give the ouzo to their protestant friends
 Cheesy

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2003, 09:17:26 PM »

Yeah. I had 5 star Metaxa at my in-laws over Christmas. It has a kick. That stuff is $30 a bottle here.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2003, 09:25:03 PM »

Yeah. I had 5 star Metaxa at my in-laws over Christmas. It has a kick. That stuff is $30 a bottle here.
In that case, your Hellenization is coming along nicely. We must plan a trip to Greece, go up into the mountains to my mother's people's village and try the local 'shine. They serve that stuff in sewing thimbles...
Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2003, 09:28:31 PM »

Yes, we must. Sounds like a good time.

My father-in-law is from Mytilini and he says the Ouzo that the monks make there is the best in Greece.
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 10:01:42 PM »

mmm...time for an Irish Car Bomb... Smiley

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Vicki

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2003, 10:10:06 PM »

Huh? Splain?

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2003, 11:55:02 PM »

Ouzo . . . ugh.

Years ago a buddy of mine of Greek extraction was getting married, so we gave him a bachelor party (in my pre-Christian days).

I drank myself sick with Ouzo: nasty, licorice-tasting swill.

Sorry, guys. I like most Greek stuff, but Ouzo is not for me.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 12:17:19 AM »

Heathen Tongue

You need to walk 20 klicks on Ayios Oros with way too much worldly stuff strapped to your outa' shape back and sit down in the guest house to rest your tired bones.  Ouzo is Nectar under those circumstances   Cheesy

FWIW - There are two mods over at CF there that are members here. (myself and Monkey/Philip).  I really have no idea why Br. Max was banned or the specific rule violations that preceeded it, IIRC I was TDY overseas when it occured.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 12:18:41 AM by Oblio » Logged
Vicki

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 12:34:10 AM »

Greek Heretic here: Sambucca is smoother.

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 12:40:28 AM »

Oblio, how is Monkey/Phillip doing?  I haven't heard from him in ages to ages.  Hope all is well!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 12:57:16 AM »

oblio: I knew that you were a mod there and a memeber here which is why I included you in the posting of my goodbye letter there.  I figured you might have some inside information Grin  

As for the SWILL the greeks try to pass off as beverages, it makes great paint remover . . . . .

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 01:01:34 AM »

oblio: I knew that you were a mod there and a memeber here which is why I included you in the posting of my goodbye letter there.  I figured you might have some inside information Grin  

As for the SWILL the greeks try to pass off as beverages, it makes great paint remover . . . . .

I know why you were banned, but it is TOP SECRET.

Violation of Rule #3.14151 - Failure to Use BEANO Prior to Consuming Frijoles

A little-known but extremely important rule, Br. Max.

See that you adhere to it, especially when riding in economy cars.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 01:01:54 AM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 01:06:34 AM »

Linus: ewww.  whats really sad is I'm getting over food poisoning from Tacohell!~!

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 01:09:21 AM »

Linus: ewww.  whats really sad is I'm getting over food poisoning from Tacohell!~!

Aha! So the staff at CF has been vindicated!  Grin

BTW, Oblio, Philip/Monkey, and I were all banned from the forum at Christianity.com along with a whole bunch of Roman Catholics.

They banned me without so much as an e-mail saying why.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 01:14:41 AM »

Linus: well you know you're not nearly prot enough

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 01:17:27 AM »

Linus: well you know you're not nearly prot enough

I and a whole lot of others, but we went down swinging.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 01:22:11 AM »

Greek Heretic here: Sambucca is smoother.

Ever tried Oblio Esspresso/Sambucca ?  

I figured you might have some inside information

Actually, I have none, it was a surprise to me.

Oblio, how is Monkey/Phillip doing?  

Quite well, we were hoping he would make an appearance over here as of late, but no luck so far.   As our resident (along with Linus/Maximus) historian, he is often quite busy setting the record straight over at CF.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2003, 01:23:59 AM »

Oblio: so there is nothing in those mysterious back room moderators forums which offers a HINT of who banned me or why eh?

Tags: CAF Catholic Answers Forum 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: