OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 02:40:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with spiritual attacks  (Read 464 times) Average Rating: 0
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Most Holy Theotokos Save Us!

« on: February 08, 2010, 06:22:03 AM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

My Sprirtual Father warned me that with great lent aproaching fastit being a time of intesified prayer I should be prepared for spiritual attacks from the evil one. And so I was wondering how one might deal with them or overcome them.

Pray for me
David

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »

Take what I post to your spiritual father. I would guess that the most subtle attack would be to undermine our resolve to love God and neighbor, to remain steadfast in prayer, fasting, & alms giving and neglect to take confession sometime within Holy Lent. He may also want us to see special signs in various occurrances in natural and man-made situations to delude  and frighten us when discernment and sobriety are of utmost importance.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: