Author Topic: Difference between ROCOR and UOC Liturgies?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Robb

• OC.net guru
Difference between ROCOR and UOC Liturgies?
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
Can anybody explain to me the specific differences between the way ROCOR does the Liturgy and the UOC does them, especially in the "old line" ethnic parishes in America?
Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Difference between ROCOR and UOC Liturgies?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
 ;)

Well, I would love to.

However, I would hazard to guess that they are quite similar.  It has been my experience (from visiting many different Orthodox churches) that those of a slavic nature - Ukrainian, Russian, Serbian, etc., are very similar, with very little change over the years.

The Antiochian church I attended a couple of times, did have slight variations in their Liturgy from what I was accustomed to.  That might be that one church, however, and I can't speak for all Antiochian parishes.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria