OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 06:13:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic forum  (Read 1787 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« on: February 05, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »

has anyone at the fisheaters Catholic forum ever gotten angry and defensive at you for questioning their beliefs?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:47:22 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »

has anyone at the fisheaters Catholic forum ever gotten angry and defensive at you for questioning their beliefs?

LOL.  A little.  They're even worse than CAF.

Fish eaters and kool-aid drinkers.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »

I haven't been to any Catholic forums, but I see how it could get tiring to have people come to the forum and start arguments about what is generally believed by a group. I know that some people get off on apologetics and debate, but not everyone does, and there are people who just want to connect with others of the same beliefs via social networking. But this becomes impossible when people come in and start questioning beliefs and attacking what the group holds to be true, because all the forums energy then gets focussed on that. Frankly, I can't see the point of it. I don't think it is effective "missioning" to argue people into the Church. A calm respectful presence might be more effective, with perhaps occasionally gently correcting any misconceptions about Orthodoxy. But to start arguments about basic Roman Catholic beliefs such as the Papacy, the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory etc are just annoying and people will be turned off from Orthodoxy- and we will be held accountable for that by Him who commanded us to be "cunning as serpents and gentle as doves".

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »

I haven't been to any Catholic forums, but I see how it could get tiring to have people come to the forum and start arguments about what is generally believed by a group. I know that some people get off on apologetics and debate, but not everyone does, and there are people who just want to connect with others of the same beliefs via social networking. But this becomes impossible when people come in and start questioning beliefs and attacking what the group holds to be true, because all the forums energy then gets focussed on that. Frankly, I can't see the point of it. I don't think it is effective "missioning" to argue people into the Church. A calm respectful presence might be more effective, with perhaps occasionally gently correcting any misconceptions about Orthodoxy. But to start arguments about basic Roman Catholic beliefs such as the Papacy, the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory etc are just annoying and people will be turned off from Orthodoxy- and we will be held accountable for that by Him who commanded us to be "cunning as serpents and gentle as doves".

I agree.  All I did was ask about the papacy.  I also told them that I became a part of the Holy Orthodox Church, and they started telling me that the church is neither Orthodox nor Holy!  I got so offended!  They said that the Orthodox Church preaches divorce and there for leads people to hell!  I corrected them and they told me that I was not following the rules of the forum!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

I agree.  All I did was ask about the papacy.  I also told them that I became a part of the Holy Orthodox Church, and they started telling me that the church is neither Orthodox nor Holy!  I got so offended!  They said that the Orthodox Church preaches divorce and there for leads people to hell!  I corrected them and they told me that I was not following the rules of the forum!

All you did? Don't you think that it was kind of like waving a red flag at a bull?  laugh Trevor, it's really no wonder they got defensive and lashed back. You really set yourself up to be offended. It's probably a good idea to settle yourself into Orthodoxy and concentrate on what you need to know about the faith and leave your former fellow-Catholics alone! Let God deal with each person as He sees fit. Wink

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »

I agree.  All I did was ask about the papacy. 
LOL! The Papacy is the linchpin of their beliefs and beyond question. I'm not surprised they got their backs up!

I also told them that I became a part of the Holy Orthodox Church, and they started telling me that the church is neither Orthodox nor Holy!  I got so offended! They said that the Orthodox Church preaches divorce and there for leads people to hell!  I corrected them and they told me that I was not following the rules of the forum!
There are always going to be people who think we are wrong. There are Protestants who think we worship idols. There are Atheists who think we are stupid for even entertaining the idea that God exists. And there are Roman Catholics think we are stubborn and recalcitrant schismatics. In fact, the vast majority of the world does not think we are following the Truth, because if they did think that, they would join us. Our lives are too short to spend being offended at all this. Even on this forum there are non-believers who think we are deluded for believing in God, but they are among my favourite posters, and we get on very well. I don't preach to them and they don't preach to me, yet I don't deny my Faith in Christ to them, and they don't deny their Atheism to me. If they ask me what I believe, I tell them, but never once have I condemned them for being unbelievers. We have to respect that people have their own beliefs and must be true to themselves, otherwise they will be hypocrites which is even worse than being an Atheist. So don't be offended. There is nothing like respect for one another, and all people, regardless of what they believe, deserve our respect. If there is anyone to be angry at, it is the devil who has sown the weeds among the wheat, but we sin greatly when we direct the anger at people that should be directed towards the demons.

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »

All you did? Don't you think that it was kind of like waving a red flag at a bull?  laugh Trevor, it's really no wonder they got defensive and lashed back. You really set yourself up to be offended. It's probably a good idea to settle yourself into Orthodoxy and concentrate on what you need to know about the faith and leave your former fellow-Catholics alone! Let God deal with each person as He sees fit. Wink

Cheesy that's good advice!  I guess it's like touching a hot oven....I'll just get burned.

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »

Cheesy that's good advice!  I guess it's like touching a hot oven....I'll just get burned.

Indeed!  laugh

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

Those people at Fisheaters.com, are they traditionalists?

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »

Those people at Fisheaters.com, are they traditionalists?

they claim to be.  it's full title is "fisheaters traditional Catholic forum"

Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

I don't really like that forum. Too many people making all sorts of bogus claims (which counts as bearing false witness) too much politics, and at times they make the pentecostals/baptists look moderate. Very very inflexible at considering other peoples views (to say the least). Plus they don't accept Vatican II which makes them scismatics in their own church, so who are they to preach?

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
John Larocque
Catholic
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »

This may sound odd on a discussion forum where people are engaging with others on religious beliefs, but I honestly believe that online apologetics - people pouncing on each other in public threads - is spiritually unhealthy. Which is partly why CAF is a turnoff. I haven't spent time on Fisheaters, but appreciate that they are interested in traditional Catholicism.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 12:21:22 AM »

If you have questions regarding Catholicism, I would reccomend the "One Bread One Body" section of Christianforums. The people are very nice, and are used to members of different faiths querying them.

"The Ancient Way" is the Orthodox section of this forum, and is very nice as well. It's a good place for inquirers and those new to the faith.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »

LOL.  A little.  They're even worse than CAF.

I haven't been to any Catholic forums, but I see how it could get tiring to have people come to the forum and start arguments about what is generally believed by a group.

including misconceptions and outright lies about the Orthodox Church.

I know that some people get off on apologetics and debate, but not everyone does, and there are people who just want to connect with others of the same beliefs via social networking. But this becomes impossible when people come in and start questioning beliefs and attacking what the group holds to be true, because all the forums energy then gets focussed on that. Frankly, I can't see the point of it. I don't think it is effective "missioning" to argue people into the Church.

Efffective as compared to what?  It does bring people in.

A calm respectful presence might be more effective, with perhaps occasionally gently correcting any misconceptions about Orthodoxy. But to start arguments about basic Roman Catholic beliefs such as the Papacy, the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory etc are just annoying and people will be turned off from Orthodoxy- and we will be held accountable for that by Him who commanded us to be "cunning as serpents and gentle as doves".

"The Orthodox are not Catholic only because of their pride, and because of that they won't recognize Peter."

"The Orthodox hate St. Peter."

"The Orthodox are not really a Church."

"The Orthdodox are like a puzzle where only the edges are together but the center is missing, because they are missing Peter."

"The Orthodox can't hold an Ecumenical Council because they don't have the Pope."

"The Orthodox can't decide their own dogma."

"The Orthodox can't teach with authority."

"The reunion of the Eastern Rite Catholics to the Orthodox by the Communists are different from the Unions of the various sui juris churches to the Holy See, as the later were of their own free will and force was never used."

"Christ spoke Latin."

"St. John Chrysostom and all the early Church fathers recognized the primacy of Rome."

"No Church Father ever denied the universal jurisdiction of the Pope."

"Pope is in the Bible. Patriarch is not in the Bible."

"It is an aboration of Apostolic Tradition to have married priests."

"Only the celibate priesthood is Apostolic."

"The Orthodox have abandoned Christ's teaching by accepting divorce" (yeah, I know you buy this one).

"The Orthodox are only being obstinate on the filioque, and are using it as an excuse not to reunite to the Apostalic See."

"The Orthodox....."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:06:17 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
John Larocque
Catholic
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 01:11:35 AM »

Maybe I have ideological blinkers, but whenever I encounter people using "Zionist" to refer to either Israel or Jews, I read "anti-Semite". They have a forum at Fisheaters which is dedicated to "Judaism, Zionism, Other Religions, Cults & Spiritual Movements." Then I scanned a couple of the threads in it and felt dirty.

I don't like these guys and never will, no matter what cloak they wear. So I'm "done" with perusing elsewhere on their forum.

Edit: Looks like they have no patience for Pope Benedict XVI (re: the Jews): "This is all just the Pope spitting in the face of Christ like the Roman soldiers of old." "Many times a Pope in the past reached out to the Jews a hand of peace, he recived back a bloody stump. The Pope disgraces the name of Jesus Christ by setting foot in these temples of ANT Christ."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:16:46 AM by John Larocque » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »

[
"The Orthodox are not Catholic only because of their pride, and because of that they won't recognize Peter."

"The Orthdodox are like a puzzle where only the edges are together but the center is missing, because they are missing Peter."

"The Orthodox can't hold an Ecumenical Council because they don't have the Pope."

"The reunion of the Eastern Rite Catholics to the Orthodox by the Communists are different from the Unions of the various sui juris churches to the Holy See, as the later were of their own free will and force was never used."

"Christ spoke Latin."

"St. John Chrysostom and all the early Church fathers recognized the primacy of Rome."

"The Orthodox have abandoned Christ's teaching by accepting divorce" (yeah, I know you buy this one).

"The Orthodox are only being obstinate on the filioque, and are using it as an excuse not to reunite to the Apostalic See."

"The Orthodox....."

Isa, for a few moments you transported me back to the happy years on Catholic Answers Forum.   laugh Grin Cheesy

Btw, had an e-mail from Fr Ambrogio of Milan just yesterday, first one for probably a year....
Dear Father Ambrose,

I would like you to enjoy a small panoramic view of the interior of our church in Turin:

http://pan0.net/upano.php?id=491&set_accept=1&perm=1#content

As you see, work is in progress, and the parishioners are active and kind (the panorama was made by a young Russian mathematician, who redescovered the taste of Liturgy in his stay in Turin). Let's hope that we will be a good welcoming point for the many pilgrims to the Holy Shroud expected in the next months.

Always remembering you with kindness and prayer,

yours in Christ,

hegumen Ambrogio

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 01:19:57 AM »

[

"Christ spoke Latin."

"The Orthodox....."

Isa, for a few moments you transported me back to the happy years on Catholic Answers Forum.   laugh Grin Cheesy

Btw, had an e-mail from Fr Ambrogio of Milan just yesterday, first one for probably a year....
Dear Father Ambrose,

I would like you to enjoy a small panoramic view of the interior of our church in Turin:

http://pan0.net/upano.php?id=491&set_accept=1&perm=1#content

As you see, work is in progress, and the parishioners are active and kind (the panorama was made by a young Russian mathematician, who redescovered the taste of Liturgy in his stay in Turin). Let's hope that we will be a good welcoming point for the many pilgrims to the Holy Shroud expected in the next months.

Always remembering you with kindness and prayer,

yours in Christ,

hegumen Ambrogio

Many years to him (and you)!

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »

I think that this is a forum for traditional Catholics some of whom would not be considered to be in good standing in the RCC. Even the site owner doesn't agree with some of the opinions.
" Opinions expressed at this forum come from a variety of traditional Catholics -- some of whom the site-owner, VoxClamantis, may disagree with vehemently."
They post a few warnings on their site:
" If you don't want to know the answer but are trying to "score points" or "convert" us, don't bother! "
"This is a discussion forum, not an arm of the Magisterium, not a vehicle of private revelation, and certainly not a replacement for prayer and for the study of Scripture, catechisms, the writings of the Doctors and Saints, and papal and conciliar documents. Take any given post with a grain of salt, check claims for yourself, ....and, please, above all, pray and read authoritative documents and books with imprimaturs. Christ be with us all!"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:14:52 AM by stanley123 » Logged
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 05:13:27 AM »

I guess this is a quote from fisheaters forum:
Perhaps the poster at fisheaters was unfamiliar with the writings of Cardinal Ratzinger, the present Pope Benedict:
Cardinal  Ratzinger, Principles of Catholic Theology (1982), pp. 216-217: “Patriarch Athenagoras  spoke even more strongly when he greeted the Pope [Paul VI] in Phanar: ‘Against all expectation, the bishop of Rome is among us, the first among us in honor, ‘he who presides in love’.  It is clear that, in saying this, the Patriarch did not abandon the claims of the Eastern Churches or acknowledge the primacy of the west.  Rather, he stated plainly what the East understood as the order, the rank and title, of the equal bishops in the Church – and it would be worth our while to consider whether this archaic confession, which has nothing to do with the ‘primacy of jurisdiction’ but confesses a primacy of ‘honor’ and agape, might not be recognized as a formula that adequately reflects the position that Rome occupies in the Church – ‘holy courage’ requires that prudence be combined with ‘audacity’: ‘The kingdom of God suffers violence.’”

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:16:36 AM by stanley123 » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 07:16:08 AM »

I know that some people get off on apologetics and debate, but not everyone does, and there are people who just want to connect with others of the same beliefs via social networking. But this becomes impossible when people come in and start questioning beliefs and attacking what the group holds to be true, because all the forums energy then gets focussed on that. Frankly, I can't see the point of it. I don't think it is effective "missioning" to argue people into the Church.

Efffective as compared to what?  
Love.

It does bring people in.
Who then leave.

A calm respectful presence might be more effective, with perhaps occasionally gently correcting any misconceptions about Orthodoxy. But to start arguments about basic Roman Catholic beliefs such as the Papacy, the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory etc are just annoying and people will be turned off from Orthodoxy- and we will be held accountable for that by Him who commanded us to be "cunning as serpents and gentle as doves".

"Christ spoke Latin."

"The Orthodox....."
And your point is what? That we should disobey Christ and not turn the other cheek? That He who said "blessed are you when men revile you and speak all manner of evil against you because of Me" got it wrong? That returning evil for evil is correct? That our anger should make our blood boil? Go then, you and Irish Hermit, and teach them a lesson. Argue converts into the Church who will then leave when they think themselves out of the Church again. Go and be righteous avengers defending the "Christ" whom you think needs human defenders. Go and be "martyrs" again by "bravely" getting yourselves thrown out of yet another Catholic internet forum because you disrupt and troll it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:24:05 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 07:40:52 AM »

"Christ spoke Latin."

"The Orthodox....."
And your point is what? That we should disobey Christ and not turn the other cheek? That He who said "blessed are you when men revile you and speak all manner of evil against you because of Me" got it wrong? That returning evil for evil is correct? That our anger should make our blood boil? Go then, you and Irish Hermit, and teach them a lesson. Argue converts into the Church who will then leave when they think themselves out of the Church again. Go and be Go and be "martyrs" again by "bravely" getting yourselves thrown out of yet another Catholic internet forum because you disrupt and troll it.

Don't be an angry man, George.  Do you really think that Isa and I are so brain-damaged that we spent our years on CAF insulting people and acting like immature louts.   As I've said before, we were there to participate.  I was actually invited to join by a moderator.  We had no intention of "arguing converts into the Church" but in the course of the years several dozen converts did make the decision to come into Orthodoxy.   We did not troll for them.  We did not "return evil for evil."  We were not afflicted with anger to make our blood boil.  We were not "righteous avengers defending the "Christ" whom you think needs human defenders."  We were none of the things you have thought up to insult us by.   What the heck is the matter with you today that you write so untruthfully and obnoxiously??!

If you go to the long thread which developed when the refugees from CAF started enrolling on OC.net you will see that I was thrown off and nearly all my posts deleted because someone had complained that too many Catholics were converting to Orthodoxy and the people who provide the money to keep CAF operating were unhappy about the conversions.  Fair enough, if was their money sponsoring CAF after all.

I can't even take credit for the conversions since I certainly was not the most eloquent Orthodox participant.  None of us were actively proselytizing.  We were there and we were simply interacting with the Catholics.  

Anyway, try and behave yourself and don't denigrate me or Isa with what you have written above.  You don't know the facts and don't seem to have made any effort to discover them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:44:09 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »

You are wasting precious time. There are souls to be "saved" at fisheaters.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:48 AM »

You are wasting precious time. There are souls to be "saved" at fisheaters.

God bless you George.  I can see you are not in the best of moods this evening.
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »

Well, good to know they think Benedict gives such "terrible concessions" to the Jews and is an "appeaser" to the rabbis. I don't like that subforum (that entire forum) either. I will say this though: I am all in favor of giving people of other faiths any type of concessions they wish. It will be a cold night in Hell before the rabbis condemn THIS:

or THIS:

But we will get our house in order. We will gain favor with the most High with each concession we make while they will get the harsh decree. That's all we should be aiming for in our respective traditions. I think JP did a pretty good job in asking people to go back to their own liturgies as well.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »

I love coming to this forum to discuss our differences and when necessary I am happy to provide explanation for the Catholic view on this forum BUT I am not here to argue or convert anyone by any means. For the most part I am here to dialogue, learn, and even develop a new perspective on my own faith. I know that there were times when I have been an absolute jerk on this forum so what I am saying comes from learning how to interact with others of differing faiths over the past few years.

I think that its a bad idea to go on a forum where you are a guest just to argue with other people.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »

I love coming to this forum to discuss our differences and when necessary I am happy to provide explanation for the Catholic view on this forum BUT I am not here to argue or convert anyone by any means. For the most part I am here to dialogue, learn, and even develop a new perspective on my own faith. I know that there were times when I have been an absolute jerk on this forum so what I am saying comes from learning how to interact with others of differing faiths over the past few years.

I think that its a bad idea to go on a forum where you are a guest just to argue with other people.
Well said, Papist. I completely agree with you. Being on this forum has been a new experience for me. A pleasant one for the most part. Even if I don't agree with some of the stuff posted here, it provokes me to reanalyze my convictions.

Like you said; to learn, dialogue and devolop a new perspective.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:39:26 AM by ChristusDominus » Logged

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy this makes me laugh!  I am reminded of an episode of The Golden Girls where Sophia rants abou Spanish mass.  Sophia: "Mass should be in Latin, a fine Italian Language.  but now it's in Spanish.....let's go back to Latin, the language Jesus spoke!"
daughter:  "Ma, he spoke Hebrew"
Sophia: "even in church?" Cheesy Cheesy

Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 01:39:09 AM »

Look, the facts are the war on "Catholics" is a war on Apostolic Christianity. I speak to Protestants and Jews and when they talk of "Roman Catholics" they talk about Orthodoxy, RCC, even COE who they think look too much like the Catholic church. So this is all a straw man to me. You are "Roman Catholic" even though your church may be the Greek Orthodox church or be a Syrian Orthodox Church. Anything which looks too old, or Apostolic, or that even hints at having its origin in the Historical Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings which are at odds with that of others, and is thus too threatening to other faith traditions, suddenly becomes "Roman Catholic".

Tags: CAF 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: