OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 06:15:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books  (Read 882 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« on: February 05, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »

I apologize in advance if there is already another thread on this matter.

Does anyone know of any good books, in English, on Oriental Orthodoxy that are available on Amazon (or alternatively, if you know of another online place to order them).  Whenever I find out about a book on Oriental Orthodoxy (except for a rare few) they are either not in English (yet anyways), or not on Amazon (or some individual is selling it for an illogically high price) and I have no idea where I could get them from.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
coptickev

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »

Does anyone know of any good books, in English, on Oriental Orthodoxy that are available on Amazon (or alternatively, if you know of another online place to order them).  Whenever I find out about a book on Oriental Orthodoxy (except for a rare few) they are either not in English (yet anyways), or not on Amazon (or some individual is selling it for an illogically high price) and I have no idea where I could get them from.

One of the outstanding living OO theologians is the Coptic Pope, Pope Shenouda III. All of his works that have been translated into English are available for download as PDF files from:

http://www.copticpope.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=7

You can read them on line or print them to read elsewhere.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »

One of the outstanding living OO theologians is the Coptic Pope, Pope Shenouda III. All of his works that have been translated into English are available for download as PDF files from:

http://www.copticpope.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=7

You can read them on line or print them to read elsewhere.

Yes. I second that! Pope Shenoudah's works are very readable and profound in simplicity and spiritual depth. Valuable reading for all Orthodox!

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Tags: Pope Shenouda 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: