Author Topic: Books  (Read 981 times)

Offline JamesRottnek

• Protokentarchos
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
Books
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »
I apologize in advance if there is already another thread on this matter.

Does anyone know of any good books, in English, on Oriental Orthodoxy that are available on Amazon (or alternatively, if you know of another online place to order them).  Whenever I find out about a book on Oriental Orthodoxy (except for a rare few) they are either not in English (yet anyways), or not on Amazon (or some individual is selling it for an illogically high price) and I have no idea where I could get them from.
I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline coptickev

Re: Books
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »

Does anyone know of any good books, in English, on Oriental Orthodoxy that are available on Amazon (or alternatively, if you know of another online place to order them).  Whenever I find out about a book on Oriental Orthodoxy (except for a rare few) they are either not in English (yet anyways), or not on Amazon (or some individual is selling it for an illogically high price) and I have no idea where I could get them from.

One of the outstanding living OO theologians is the Coptic Pope, Pope Shenouda III. All of his works that have been translated into English are available for download as PDF files from:

http://www.copticpope.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=7

You can read them on line or print them to read elsewhere.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Books
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »

One of the outstanding living OO theologians is the Coptic Pope, Pope Shenouda III. All of his works that have been translated into English are available for download as PDF files from:

http://www.copticpope.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=7

You can read them on line or print them to read elsewhere.

Yes. I second that! Pope Shenoudah's works are very readable and profound in simplicity and spiritual depth. Valuable reading for all Orthodox!

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+