OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 08:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people so overly sensetive, especially the seniors?  (Read 2499 times) Average Rating: 0
Pravoslav

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

« on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

I am new to the forum, I read some statments I found disturbing so I sent the person a message. He relies back "I am reporting you" and then blocks any further communication from me. if all Christians were like him we would have no need for enemies. Funny how some people (like this guy who has nearly 15,000 post...a little too much time on his hands) can post all the non sense they want and when someone questions why they would post such things he gets defensive?

"This is the Faith of the Apostles! This is the Faith of the Fathers! This is the Orthodox Faith! This Faith has established the universe!"
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »

Welcome to the forum Pravoslav!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ms.hoorah
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »

Hello and welcome!
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »

People are people, some are more sensative then others

Proverbs 22:7
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »

I am new to the forum, I read some statments I found disturbing so I sent the person a message. He relies back "I am reporting you" and then blocks any further communication from me. if all Christians were like him we would have no need for enemies. Funny how some people (like this guy who has nearly 15,000 post...a little too much time on his hands) can post all the non sense they want and when someone questions why they would post such things he gets defensive?

Yes, it is funny how people are so sensitive. Like this one guy who didn't get the response he wanted in a private exchange so decided to launch an attack on a public forum. Oh well, to each their own.

Welcome to the forum. Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Pravoslav

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome, and to the person I sent the message sorry if it offended you, did not want it to.

"This is the Faith of the Apostles! This is the Faith of the Fathers! This is the Orthodox Faith! This Faith has established the universe!"
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Pravoslav.

In this case, do you think you might have been overly senstive to whatever the person was saying? This is a public forum where people are free to express their opinions, even if they are those one might not agree with. We usually just battle them out in the open and perhaps it might have been better if you had expressed your concerns on the matter on the appropriate thread rather than go private or start this thread.

Just a thought or two. 

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum. We already had a member named "pravoslavbob"... but you're just plain ole pravoslav?  Smiley

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »

Hi there, Pravoslav! I hope you will contribute to our discussions here!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Pravoslav

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

I will certainly try, I find this forum to be very well done. I recently joined another one (do not know if I can mention it so I will not) but I like this one already. It is nice to have a place to chat with people who generally will have the same ideals as myself, I hope Wink

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum.   Smiley
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Pravoslav.

In this case, do you think you might have been overly senstive to whatever the person was saying? This is a public forum where people are free to express their opinions, even if they are those one might not agree with. We usually just battle them out in the open and perhaps it might have been better if you had expressed your concerns on the matter on the appropriate thread rather than go private or start this thread.

Just a thought or two.  
I agree.  Seeking out a private audience with someone to express your disagreement with public comments has a way of singling that person out and making the disagreement too personal.  I would venture to say that would make many of us feel uncomfortable.  Until you get to know us better and we get to know you better, I would advise you to keep your discussion of public topics open to the public, unless you feel the need to communicate a concern privately to a moderator or admin, in which case we on the moderator team are always open to fielding your questions privately.

Welcome to the forum! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:38:47 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 12:21:29 AM »

Welcome, and watch out for that old-timer with too much time on his hands.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »

watch out for that old-timer with too much time on his hands.
Indeed. He must be a good-for-nothing, wicked and sinful old man.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »

Indeed. He must be a good-for-nothing, wicked and sinful old man.

Indeed.  Well, he'd probably think that about himself if he was a self-loathing Russian, but seeing as he's Greek, he's probably merrily dancing throughout life without a clue. Wink
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »

Welcome Pravoslav!

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
soufliotiki

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 01:42:29 AM »

Sorry ... if this was "audio" it would have been priceless humour ... the timing, the delivery .. I dont know what exactly it was but I found this simple comment extremally funny!

Welcome to the forum and me too (wave) - is their some way for me to change my username? I really do not like being called "soufliotiki" anymore ...

Guide my heart, O Blessed Wisdom, and my tongue will also be guided ...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 01:51:24 AM »

is their some way for me to change my username? I really do not like being called "soufliotiki" anymore ...

I think you need to contact Fr. Chris to get that done.

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
soufliotiki

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 01:54:53 AM »

is their some way for me to change my username? I really do not like being called "soufliotiki" anymore ...

Thank you darling future husband, errr, future boyfriend, errrr, OCNet Top secret future date ...errrr, friend?, errrr ... stop that secretly perverse girl (I am disciplining the other side).

Guide my heart, O Blessed Wisdom, and my tongue will also be guided ...
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:22 AM »

Or Fr. Anastasios, who handles most of the technical issues of keeping this site running.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »

Welcome friend, in place of PM's are prefer gift cards for BevMo or Trader Joe's, as a senior I need many and different medicinal beverages...2 buck chuck ain't bad

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: