OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 12:21:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic tactics  (Read 21010 times) Average Rating: 0
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« on: December 28, 2003, 09:20:50 PM »

France's Wake-Up Call
By Olivier Guitta
FrontPageMagazine.com | December 23, 2003

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=11445

Last week, French President Jacques Chirac declared that "(French) schools will remain secular." Thus, the hijab, the yarmulke and "large crosses" are going to be banned in France’s schools. But the real underlying issue, one not addressed by Chirac, concerns the extremist version of Islam currently threatening the French Republic, host to the largest Muslim population in Europe.

The French Muslim community’ estimated at anywhere between five and eight million people ‘ is totally indoctrinated and controlled by extremist organizations such as UOIF (Union des Organizations Islamiques de France), which is affiliated to the Muslim Brotherhood, a notorious Islamist terrorist group founded in Egypt in 1927.

These fanatics control most French mosques and get financial support from Saudi Arabia. In fact, the Arab Kingdom is behind almost every mosque and Islamic center in France. For example, last week, it was revealed in the French newspaper Le Monde that Saudi Arabia is going to finance the restoration of the Paris Mosque, thus exporting discreetly its extremist version of Islam, Wahhabism.

The most vocal advocate of Wahhabism in France is Tariq Ramadan, a Swiss philosophy teacher who happens to be the grandson of Hassan Al Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood. Ramadan has been very active in France during the past ten years, spreading his extremist views and becoming the unofficial voice of French Islam. He has now become a "star," appearing constantly on French prime-time television. Ramadan symbolizes the view, as Jacques Jormier, a leading French expert on Islam, puts it, "that does not modernize Islam but Islamizes modernity." The extent to which Ramadan’s brand of totalitarian Islam has gained a strong foothold in France can be seen in the plight of French Muslim women.

In certain cases, French Muslim families are paid 500 Euros (around 600 USD) per trimester by Muslim organizations just to have their daughters wear the hijab. In fact, a survey done last May found that 77% of girls wearing the hijab do so because of the physical threats received from Islamist groups. Liberation, a major French newspaper, recently showed how Muslim women and girls in France who refuse to wear the hijab are insulted, rejected and often times physically threatened by Muslim males. One of the teenage girls interviewed said, "Every day, bearded men come to me and advise me strongly on wearing the veil. It is a war. For now, there are no dead but there are looks and words that do kill." Muslim women who try to rebel are considered outcasts and "whores." Some of them want to move to areas "with no Muslims" to escape. However, that might not be a solution, as Islamists are at work everywhere in France. For example, L’Humanite, the Communist French newspaper usually very much in sync with France’s Arab population, recently interviewed two Catholic-born French women who said that they converted to Islam after a methodical indoctrination by the Muslim Brotherhood.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Vicki

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 09:23:37 PM »

The proof the Saddam was getting French aid was that he was armed with a pistol and a machine gun when they found him and what happened? He immediately SURRENDERED. Only the French could render that kind of international assistance Wink

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 09:27:22 PM »

+æll these muslims are going to make our plans to take over France harder.  :-";"xx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 09:27:39 PM by +Â¥+¦+¦-ä+¼-ü+¦++-é » Logged
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 09:57:10 PM »

I honestly and truly believe that the ONLY hope the moslem nations have rests with their women. This will be interesting to watch.
Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 10:06:40 PM »

Sad that France after fighting off the Muslims hundereds of years ago have surrendered to them today.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Vicki

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 11:52:11 PM »

Sad that France after fighting off the Muslims hundereds of years ago have surrendered to them today.

Ummmm....When have the French won ANY victories worth mentioning?

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 12:28:08 AM »

Their few victories come when slaughtering muslims such as Richard the Lionhearted....still it does say something about your nation when one of your greatest warriors historically was gay....
Vicki

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 12:39:30 AM »

Your king was a queen, you mean? Wink

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 01:39:17 AM »

And if Howard "the metrosexual" Dean gets elected that will make the second American "Queen" - the first being Jimmy Carter!
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 06:39:05 AM »

Their few victories come when slaughtering muslims such as Richard the Lionhearted....still it does say something about your nation when one of your greatest warriors historically was gay....

What are you talking about? Richard Lionheart was King of England.

And much as I am not a francophile you can hardly ignore the victories of Napoleon across Europe.

PT

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Vicki

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 08:47:47 AM »

I think he meant that Richard was enjoying his captivity among the Muslims so much he stayed there (under the they bathed, the rest of England didn't) category.

Vicki

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 08:48:53 AM »

Also, IIRC, wasn't Napolean Corsican?

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 10:22:02 AM »

Yes Napolean was Corsican - FRENCH Corsican.  And I was refering to Charles Martel and the victory at Tours that kept the moors from crossing from Spain into France.

http://www.gospelcom.net/chi/DAILYF/2003/10/daily-10-10-2003.shtml
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 10:22:38 AM by Br. Max, OFC » Logged

Vicki

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 10:26:07 AM »

Corsica was a FRENCH territory that the FRENCH SNOBS didn't want to admit they owned. And its culture was so different it would be like sayinf since Puerto Rico is a US territoty  its culture is ours.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 10:28:02 AM »

vicki: Corsica is more like WEST VIRGINIA!! Grin

Vicki

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2003, 10:44:01 AM »

Outhouses, inbreeding....etc? Which is why the Parisians didn't want it.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2003, 01:15:48 PM »

What are you talking about? Richard Lionheart was King of England.

The fact that he was more French than Anglo by blood since he was descended from the Norman kings.  I guess that is another French victory - William the Conqueror, but is victory over Anglos that hard?  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 01:16:18 PM by +Â¥+¦+¦-ä+¼-ü+¦++-é » Logged
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2003, 05:57:48 PM »

huh?  Normans french?  That's like saying the Anglos were Saxons or the Basques are Spanish.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2003, 06:01:09 PM »

I don't let my children swear but they all know that William's nickname was the Bast@rd

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2003, 06:14:20 PM »

let's not forget that our Lord was a bast_rd as well.

Vicki

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2003, 06:17:04 PM »

I don't think that's QUITE the same thing, there, Bro. Max...

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2003, 06:25:39 PM »

Vicki: not much different.  ANYHOW - the fact remains that after so many sacrificed their lives to keep France and Europe free from Islamic tyranny, it's disgusting to see them embrace it now WILLINGLY!

Vicki

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2003, 06:41:25 PM »

"Sleeping with the Enemy"

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2003, 06:42:50 PM »

I agree. And a recent report from a Media Agency in the Uk shows that there is a back pedalling on causing any offence at all to Muslims while Christians are constantly abused, stereotyped and denigrated.

But we are run by a liberal, modernist, homosexual clique, so what should I expect.

PT

Vicki

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2003, 07:02:34 PM »

"Queer Eye for Buck House?"

carpo-rusyn
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 08:54:07 PM »

Vicki

[I think he meant that Richard was enjoying his captivity among the Muslims so much he stayed there (under the they bathed, the rest of England didn't) category.]

Richard was imprisoned by the Germans not the Muslims. Just a minor point.

It is amazing that across Western Europe mosques are springing up.  Charles the Hammer, Don John of Austria, John Sobieski, et al must be weeping in heaven.  I've even heard there's a mosque in Rome.

Carpo-Rusyn
Vicki

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 08:56:24 PM »

Sorry...I stand corrected.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 10:38:52 PM »

a mosque in rome?  just another step closer to a one world religion

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 03:23:12 PM »

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=11545

Oh yea Palestine wants peace and just LOVES America . . . . .

The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 03:40:46 PM »

On the blog this week (link is the sig at bottom of this posting): More on al-Islam, the Mormonism of the East. Basically you can see Muslims as the Mormons of Orthodoxy!

So what if Palestinians don't loooooove America? (It's not like they have the means to conquer and keep it.) Considering that the US has been propping up their oppressors for 50+ years can you blame them? All this heartbreak, injustice, blood shed and money spent over the only patch of land in those parts with no oil in it.

Like Iraq, it's not America's or Britain's war.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 03:43:43 PM »

Am I my brother's keeper? Surely all war is in some sense our war. Our countries have both pumped enough arms sales into the region to make it our war.

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 03:47:44 PM »

While I supported the War in Afghanistan (self-defense) and the War in Iraq (preemptive strike--the stirke not being defined in terms of outdated notions of "territoriality" but in terms of threats of biological terrorism against American citizens), I agree with Serge on the Palestinian question.

I used to be unabashedly pro-Israel until I saw "Jerusalem: an occupation set in stone?" a documentary available on amazon.com

The last straw was seeing the Greek Orthodox Church buldozed by the d**m Israelis!

www.washington-report.org is my new favorite political magazine, although I shy away from some of its more extreme statements.

Please note that most people who are pro-Palestinian such as myself are also against the dictatorship of Yasser Arafat, who I used to support but who has now passed his viability and who has amassed a billion dolllar fortune at his countrymen's expense.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 03:52:04 PM »

I agree with you Anastasios. I'm not sure about the position of the washington-report but now I've reached 40 I find myself increasingly rejecting the political and social positions I had held for a couple of decades or more. I am also pro-Palestine, without being anti-Israel, just anti the policies which Israel is committed to.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 03:52:42 PM »

I'd sooner be pro-nazi than pro-palestinian.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 03:53:42 PM »

Why is that? Many of the Palestinians are our Christian brethren, though less than there were a few decades ago

Vicki

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 03:56:03 PM »

OK...moratorium on this thread in interests of not having war break out.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 03:57:45 PM »

Well if Br Max wants to reply gently to me I am genuinely interested in his opinion and don't wish to be dogmatic or ideological.

Vicki

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 04:00:15 PM »

Sub-Deacon Peter...I am asking..not Br. Max, I...am asking, that WE, on OC.Net, not use ISLAMIC TACTICS in our Islamic Tactics thread to slide into an anti-semitic slant.....which we are veering toward....please.

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 04:00:18 PM »

Why is that? Many of the Palestinians are our Christian brethren, though less than there were a few decades ago

Many more Israeli are our Christian Brethren!  I'm sorry but I cannot discuss this topic calmly at this momement.
I'll readdress the issue later.

Pax.

Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 04:01:15 PM »

No problem Br Max. It is not my desire to upset or offend you at all.

God bless us all

Tony

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 04:20:29 PM »

Since Islam is a lot older than Moronism shouldn't it be the other way? The Mormons are the Muslims of Western Christianity?  Smiley

I agree with you regarding the Palestinian conflict.

In Christ,
Anthony

On the blog this week (link is the sig at bottom of this posting): More on al-Islam, the Mormonism of the East. Basically you can see Muslims as the Mormons of Orthodoxy!

So what if Palestinians don't loooooove America? (It's not like they have the means to conquer and keep it.) Considering that the US has been propping up their oppressors for 50+ years can you blame them? All this heartbreak, injustice, blood shed and money spent over the only patch of land in those parts with no oil in it.

Like Iraq, it's not America's or Britain's war.
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 04:57:59 PM »

When I think of who I identify with in the middle east, it is the Christians, who have suffered at the hands of both Israelis and Muslims (whether they be Israeli Christians or Palestinians or what.) Christians in the middle east have suffered for being Dhimmi's (look at the middle east's shrinking Christian population, along with its shrinking Jewish population, minus Israel), and Christians in the Middle East have suffered for being Palestinians and Lebanese. It is not really about being pro-Palestinian or pro-Israel. Our duty is to our oppressed Christian brethren, who are oppressed by both Israelis and the Muslim majority.

A good book, which I have but have not read yet, is, "Islam and Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'or.
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 06:24:24 PM »

Anastasios' sentiments towards Mr. Arafat, particularly for a pro-Palestinian, are proper and healthy ones, which I myself share as one within the same camp.  The man not only is a crook who does not benefit his own people, but was a player in the destruction of Lebanon during the war (the Maronites also committed atrocities, lest anyone think there was a clean side in that senseless episode of slaughter).  The trouble is, of course, that the more animosity is directed towards the P.A., the more support Hamas and other groups will obtain, which of course is what Sharon wants--more reasons and leeway to exercise his brutal, bloodthirsty, expansionist tactics.

As Serge says, though, this is not America's war.  This means I do not approve of military or financial support for the P.A., in addition to wishing the immediate halt of such aid to Israel.

Max will have to be reminded of the more subtle distinction between an Israeli and Palestinian, particularly in the eyes of the Palestinians, and it isn't the passport.  Freed of its nationalistic or statist definition (which the Israelis use to their advantage), the word 'Palestinian' simply denotes a native--regardless of faith and ethnicity, and as opposed to a colonising immigrant and his descendants--of the geographic territory of Palestine as it existed under the British mandate.  The implications are that the 'Israeli' Christians to whom Max presumably refers--the Arab Christians with Israeli passports--are every bit as Palestinian as their brothers in religion in the occupied territories (in Arab parlance, one never calls an Arab holding an Israeli passport an Israeli).  It doesn't matter a farthing that the small inkling of so-called Hebrew Christians (Jewish Israeli converts to Christianity) predictably hold Zionist sympathies or adhere to the ideology itself.

In IC XC
Samer
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 09:44:49 AM by SamB » Logged
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2004, 11:50:33 AM »

a mosque in rome?  just another step closer to a one world religion

I don't follow. Do you suggest that islam is taking the world over? I'd say the race is neck and neck. It appears that there will be two world religions soon, and chances are...they will be diametrically opposed.

Oh, and 1 John says what the spirit of the anti-Christ consists of...it is denial of the Sonship of our Lord. That Jesus is not the Son of God is part of Islamic doctrine. Just food for thought. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 11:53:18 AM by The Caffeinator » Logged
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2004, 12:07:30 PM »

It's also part of the liberal modernist creed slowly taking over many of the denominations as well. A majority of Anglican clergy in the UK don't believe Jesus is God.

Tags: Islam 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: