OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 03, 2014, 01:56:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peace.....  (Read 795 times) Average Rating: 0
Bres

Faith: Roman Catholic since birth, spiritual truth seeker, practicing Eastern Orthodox

« on: June 27, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and hope to continue to expand my knowledge and share thoughts and experiences from time to time. I don't want to get into anything too intense right now, however my journey has been interesting to say the least.  I am a cradle Catholic, parents left the church when I was around 7, I eventually got back in touch with my Catholic roots a couple years back and began attending daily mass and jumped back in full time after speaking with a priest.  This has lead my to Orthodoxy and attending inquires classes, as well as Divine Liturgy and weekly Vespers.  I also began building a wonderful relationship with a spiritual father at an Eastern Orthodox parish I was drawn to.  I was on the road to Christmation in the inquires classes over a year ago, but backed away just two months before Pascha a year ago.  The plan is to organically move into that and set Christmation into the church as a goal for Pascha, as well as attending all fall and early winter classes.  That is just a very small portion of my journey.....

take care.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:21:38 PM by Bres » Logged
Robert W
Self-appointed forum herald
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Finland

Love is no feeling

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »

Welcome to the forum Bres!
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

Welcome.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »

Welcome to the forum.   Smiley
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »

Welcome to the Forum!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:07:44 AM »

Have a pleasant journey in Christianity.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:25:14 AM »

Welcome, and may Our Lord grant you strength, wisdom, and peace in your journey!

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »

Welcome Bres to the Convert Issues Forum,

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible,

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator 

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: