OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 08:26:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contraception  (Read 8533 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »

Yeah, like "all Negroes are stupid" or "all Jews are calculating bloodsucking bastards." Hyperbole my... (will finish the sentence after Lent.)

Please, note that the prophet which St Paul is refering to, was a Cretan himself. It's a different thing to make an exaggerated statement about one's own people (and automatically about oneself) and different to make it about some other group.

OK, end of offtopic. Wink

Well, maybe you are right. My apologies for an emotional and not very well thought-off knee-jerk reply.

Love never fails.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2010, 08:46:18 PM »

No, I'm just relating a sad but unfortunate historical truth.  You can't pick on me for relating it.

Also, since all ethnic groups have vices as well as virtues, this means that all can be poked fun at gently if need be.  We are all human after all Cheesy.

Historical truth according to whom? If this is such a "Historical fact" as you say, I'm sure you can provide a source citing such information.

Furthermore, yes, we are "all human," so we should have compassion and mercy for one another. We should be forgiving of one another's sins; not pointing them out to one another.

Christ didn't tell us to take the plank out of our own eye to beat it over the head of our brother.
I think Robb's problem is that he doesn't know that God speaks Spanish.  Wink
Not since 589.
What Happened in 589?
LOL. Anyone else want to take that?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2010, 12:41:59 AM »

No, I'm just relating a sad but unfortunate historical truth.  You can't pick on me for relating it.

Also, since all ethnic groups have vices as well as virtues, this means that all can be poked fun at gently if need be.  We are all human after all Cheesy.

Historical truth according to whom? If this is such a "Historical fact" as you say, I'm sure you can provide a source citing such information.

Furthermore, yes, we are "all human," so we should have compassion and mercy for one another. We should be forgiving of one another's sins; not pointing them out to one another.

Christ didn't tell us to take the plank out of our own eye to beat it over the head of our brother.
Not since 589.
What Happened in 589?
I asked you; Sometimes I am amused by the stuff you write. So let her rip.

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:29 AM »

Not since 589.
What Happened in 589?
I asked you; Sometimes I am amused by the stuff you write. So let her rip.
Someone got it into their head to "improve" the Catholic Creed.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2010, 02:35:56 AM »

Spanish language tangent moved here: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,26335.0.html  -PtA
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:44:15 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags: birth control contraception 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: