OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:48:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me or........  (Read 1516 times) Average Rating: 0
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« on: December 27, 2003, 10:24:46 AM »

Since yesterday I have been finding OCNet incredibly slow to load - it takes about 19 secs ,or even longer ;o to load a page , and it often does it in 2 stages - the top half first and then adds in the bottom half.

I've cleared out my cookies, cleared the Cache, cleared my history - the only improvement is the speed at which it pulls up the Site - loading is still lousy.

No other Boards that I use are like this even those in the US - just OCNet Sad

I use OSX and Safari and it's usually very very fast.

Anyone else having problems ?

80 secs to get this preview up !! Timed it on the menubar clock -- Aaargh -- Redoc retsam where are you ??

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 10:34:55 AM »

No problems at the moment for me using blueyonder, although I usually get a couple of days a month of treacle.

Do you have to use a Mac or do you have access to a proper computer  Tongue

PT
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 10:35:11 AM by peterfarrington » Logged

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 10:53:39 AM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - fighting talk there Tongue

Proper computer indeed - hmm I'm miffed.

It's lovely friendly wireless iBook - and it's ALL MINE Cheesy

the PC downstairs belongs to  him who thinks he's the boss and it has problems - you know the sort of thing - the dreaded BSofD - Macs don't get that sort of thing.

Have to say I was wondering if it was the 'new Xbox, PS2, GameCube or Counterstrikewhotsit' causing havoc.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 10:55:55 AM »

Wireless is a great leap forward. I've got a card shoved in my notebook so I can wander round the house and still be connected. And I got myself a bluetooth IPAQ to try and organise my life.

Who's your ISP?

PT

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 11:04:18 AM »

believe it or not - NTL - went to them in Feb for first go at BB have to admith that so far we have had a great experience - only one outage and that was the Channel Cable damage - so not down to them. We actually have 3 machines on - 2Macs and the monster. The book is on wireless 'b'.

OOOOOOh bluetooth - now that must be fun - don't think I could justify that Sad

- St. John Maximovitch
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 01:18:06 PM »

Perhaps the current status of the internet backbone router in Ireland might explain your problem.

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/europe.htm

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 01:27:45 PM »

You know - you could be correct - after all I do use NTL and we had a massive outage last month due to Channel cable damage, and one to Ireland as well.

Thanks for that bit of info

- St. John Maximovitch
Vicki

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 01:32:32 PM »

Didn't the Redoc Retsam pick you up as a hacker??? A few months bacK?  You've got issues, there, with your provider, most like! :bounce:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 01:32:50 PM by Vicki » Logged

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 01:42:10 PM »

yup - I was indeed picked up that way ! Can't find it now - but possibly November -- ah  -- now hang on--  the memory has just kicked in - it was when the cables were damaged - about 4pm UK time . I remember commenting the following day about it.

Well strange things can happen when folk damage cables - OK can't blame anyone except the digger man

- St. John Maximovitch
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 05:26:24 PM »

No problems at the moment for me using blueyonder, although I usually get a couple of days a month of treacle.

Do you have to use a Mac or do you have access to a proper computer  Tongue

PT

ROTFLMFAO  we should take up a collection to get the poor guy a real computer!! Grin

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 05:36:11 PM »

Well last night's little hiccup bandwithwise actually proved what the problem was . As soon as we were up again I was back to normal.

Must remember that next time it goes like treacle and warn the Emperor to check how we are doing  Tongue Tongue

And it's been sooooooooooooo peaceful here too - just us sensible folk  Cheesy Cheesy Tongue

- St. John Maximovitch
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 08:55:48 AM »

Wireless is a great leap forward. I've got a card shoved in my notebook so I can wander round the house and still be connected.

They call this "surfing the web, naked" Wink
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 09:01:08 AM »

Don't say I left the webcam switched on again!!!

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 09:08:28 AM »

Tsk, Tsk

You really should be more careful Peter - people are surfing at all strange hours of the day and night Cheesy

- St. John Maximovitch
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: