Author Topic: Maybe it's delirium  (Read 815 times)

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
Maybe it's delirium
« on: December 27, 2003, 09:56:52 AM »
I was told I had to post this.  It seems that reading this forum, the E-cafe and preparations for Christmas were starting to blur.  2 nights ago I dreamed that I was making almond-toffee with the top layer of chocolate (Like "Almond Roca" only flat).  Someone with a beard then showed up and told me I was making it in a heretical way.  Then he told me I had to make it like it's done in ROAC.   ???

I think my mental tidying system was getting a tad sloppy or playing word games. :)

Ebor

edited for misspelt punchlines

« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 10:05:17 AM by Ebor »
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline the slave

• intolerant of intolerance
  • High Elder
  • Faith: UGCC
Re:Maybe it's delirium
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 10:07:15 AM »
Not at all - it's just that phenomena  known as ' Christmas preparation ' - which means that the brain just does not switch off well not till after it's all over and then we collapse muttering things like 'thank you' letters and 'Argh - I forgot all about ...................."

And even worse is the phrase 'Never again' but we do it all over the next year because we suffer from 'short term memory loss '.

Sum it all up as "It's Life" ;D

Haha - I had just posted and saw your correction - just proves what I said 'Short term memory loss " ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 10:09:57 AM by the slave »
"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch