OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disagreement on the October meeting of the Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue  (Read 7607 times) Average Rating: 0
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:26 PM »

The result of the meeting:

The eleventh meeting of the Joint International Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church took place in Paphos, Cyprus, a city with a rich history, having received three Apostles, Paul, Barnabas and Mark. The meeting took place from 16-23 October 2009, generously and fraternally hosted by the Orthodox Church of Cyprus.

Twenty Catholic members were present; several more were unable to attend. All the Orthodox Churches, with the exception of the Patriarchate of Bulgaria, were represented, namely the Ecumenical Patriarchate, the Patriarchate of Alexandria, the Patriarchate of Antioch, the Patriarchate of Jerusalem, the Patriarchate of Moscow, the Patriarchate of Serbia, the Patriarchate of Romania, the Patriarchate of Georgia, the Church of Cyprus, the Church of Greece, the Church of Poland, the Church of Albania and the Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia.

During this plenary meeting, the Commission carefully considered and amended the draft text of the Joint Coordinating Committee, and decided to complete its work on the text next year, by convening a further meeting of the Joint Commission. No final text has been decided upon, and any text that may be circulated is not valid.

It was decided that the 12th plenary meeting will be hosted by Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, in Vienna, Austria, from 20-27 September 2010.

the whole text
Thanks for this helpful information.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »

The result of the meeting:

The eleventh meeting of the Joint International Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church took place in Paphos, Cyprus, a city with a rich history, having received three Apostles, Paul, Barnabas and Mark. The meeting took place from 16-23 October 2009, generously and fraternally hosted by the Orthodox Church of Cyprus.

Twenty Catholic members were present; several more were unable to attend. All the Orthodox Churches, with the exception of the Patriarchate of Bulgaria, were represented, namely the Ecumenical Patriarchate, the Patriarchate of Alexandria, the Patriarchate of Antioch, the Patriarchate of Jerusalem, the Patriarchate of Moscow, the Patriarchate of Serbia, the Patriarchate of Romania, the Patriarchate of Georgia, the Church of Cyprus, the Church of Greece, the Church of Poland, the Church of Albania and the Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia.

During this plenary meeting, the Commission carefully considered and amended the draft text of the Joint Coordinating Committee, and decided to complete its work on the text next year, by convening a further meeting of the Joint Commission. No final text has been decided upon, and any text that may be circulated is not valid.

It was decided that the 12th plenary meeting will be hosted by Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, in Vienna, Austria, from 20-27 September 2010.

the whole text
Is there one in english.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrthodoxNews/message/12342

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »

Strange, it was in English when I posted the link. The English translation is now here.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2009, 08:53:30 AM »

The Russian Orthodox rejection of Ravenna

and doubts about Cyprus

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,24168.0.html
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2010, 05:25:25 AM »

It probably amounts to around 30 parishes worldwide, mainly composed of ex-Anglicans/Episcopalians looking for a haven from such things as women's ordination and gay marriage.

How unfortunate that someone actually admits this. Don't require them to actually be orthodox, just conservative.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2010, 06:06:34 AM »

It probably amounts to around 30 parishes worldwide, mainly composed of ex-Anglicans/Episcopalians looking for a haven from such things as women's ordination and gay marriage.

How unfortunate that someone actually admits this. Don't require them to actually be orthodox, just conservative.

I would hope that the receiving bishop has satisfied himself that these converts hold the Orthodox faith.  There may be a few kinks which he is willing to temporarily tolerate - a disinclination to kiss icons, doubts about this or that.  The Church is able to be lenient in admitting members (although I would hope they are made aware that eventually they need to come to a fully Orthodox mindset.)  You yourself may similarly experience some leniency from the Orientals as regards your beliefs but I imagine that with time and the grace of God they will expect changes to occur.

As for the regular nominal conversions and baptisms of young male pagans which take place to enable an Orthodox wedding with Orthodox girls.... oh my!   Shocked
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:09:44 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Tags: Ravenna Cyprus 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: