OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Scott Brown or his family Orthodox?  (Read 648 times) Average Rating: 0
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« on: January 20, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the new Massachusetts senator, Scott Brown or his family are Orthodox?  The reason I ask is because I saw his family at his acceptance speech last night and they looked very Greek/Albanian.  Now, knowing that there are tons of Greeks and more then a few Albanians in MA made me wonder if these people were too.

Also, one of Brown's daughters was named "Ariana" which is a Greek name (Ariana Huffington and so on).

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »

According to Wikipedia, he belongs to the Christian Reformed Church of North America.

Religion
Brown and his family worship at New England Chapel in Franklin, a member of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. They also have a relationship with an order of Cistercian Roman Catholic nuns at Mt. St. Mary’s Abbey in Wrentham. The Brown family has raised over $5 million for the order, helping to install solar panels, a wind turbine and a candy manufacturing plant that the order operates. Sister Katie McNamara has said of the family, "[w]e pray for them every day".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: