Author Topic: Ecumenism (opinion on news)  (Read 103848 times)

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
Re: Ecumenism (opinion on news)
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »
I have found that everyone is considered a graceless, schismatic, heretic by someone.   :D

It's what makes the world go round. :P
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Get_Behind_Me_Satan

• 2Cor. 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
The Orthodox church is the only true church.
Catholicism is heretical and not a real church.
Its a disguise for the antichrist, to deceive the nations.
Nothing in the orthodox liturgies can be changed, it is perfect, absolutely perfeect.
St john Chrysostom, St Gregory the Great and St Basil the Great, are some of the greatest, builders of the church (the real church, not the corrupt roman one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Liturgy

The true celebration of Christ's sacrifice and victory.

“The testimonies of the western teachers I neither recognize or accept. I surmise that they are corrupted.
There can be no compromise in matters of the Orthodox Faith.”

St Mark Of Ephesus, Doctor of the church. (True Church)

Down with ecumenism!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »
St john Chrysostom, St Gregory the Great and St Basil the Great, are some of the greatest, builders of the church (the real church, not the corrupt roman one).

What? St. Gregory the Great, that lover of papal supremacy? Anathema!  :P

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »

My, hasn't this thread become fun. This is page is exactly what keeps most of Catholics unintereseted in investigating Eastern Orthodoxy.

Well, he does appear to be Old Calendarist.
True, but I am also referring to the triumphalism found in Irish Hermit's post. It makes think, "is that what Eastern Orthodoxy does to a person?"

I don't see what the problem with IH's posts is.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »

Why would we ever need to to united together anyways?

A desire for a particular form of religious union is inherent to Orthodoxy.

• 2Cor. 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »

Oops i mean Gregory of Nazianzus
“The testimonies of the western teachers I neither recognize or accept. I surmise that they are corrupted.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »
Even the Catholics themselves know that its a fraud, and they are heretics themselves!

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/heresy_of_antipopes_john_paul_ii_and_benedict_xvi.php

If you keep quoting sedevacantists, can Catholic's quote old believers and other Orthodox groups that would consider your Church graceless?

I don't know that we even know what his church is.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
Pagan Rome + Christian persecution + Roman Catholicism  +  Papal inquisitions (more Christian murders) + Ecumenism = NEW WORLD ORDER AND THE KINGDOM OF THE ANTI-CHRIST  Nothing New Under the Sun
There. I have fixed it. :)
We must not operate either out of fear nor panic, as I see most people with "apocalyptic" ideas do. Why should the Christians in the days of the Antichrist do anything different to the Christians of the first, second, third.......21st centuries? Our duty is is to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and body and to love our neighbour as ourself. Nothing in this duty of ours changes even if we are standing in the throne-room of the Antichrist himself. Our duty as Christians is still the same no matter what, so why the panic? And if we are weak and experience panic in difficult situations, we should at least try not to communicate our panic to others.

So your advice, ozgeorge, is DON'T PANIC ;D
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »

Where did you hear that from?

Only the antichrist would want unity in religion.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #414 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »

The Orthodox church is the only true church.
Catholicism is heretical and not a real church.

These claims are contradictory.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

What?! Last time I checked Gregory the Great was one of the major opponents of papal supremacy.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »

Also called Gregory the Theologian.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
I have found that everyone is considered a graceless, schismatic, heretic by someone.   :D

It's what makes the world go round. :P

And it saves one the task of looking too closely at one's own spiritual circumstance.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »

"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live"

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #419 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »

What?! Last time I checked Gregory the Great was one of the major opponents of papal supremacy.

Here's one of the things that popped up for me in a Google search, which has some quotes such as the following from St. Gregory:

"To all who know the Gospel it is clear that by the words of our Lord the care of the whole Church was committed to Blessed Peter, the Prince of the Apostles... Behold, he received the keys of the kingdom of heaven, the power to bind and loose was given to him, and the care and principality of the entire church was committed to him..."

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »

Well that one would be an interesting choice as well, since no Eastern Orthodox Church uses the liturgy attributed to him, so far as I know. And you don't strike me as being the type that would count Oriental Orthodox among "true" Orthodox Christians...?

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »

Here's one of the things that popped up for me in a Google search, which has some quotes such as the following from St. Gregory:

"To all who know the Gospel it is clear that by the words of our Lord the care of the whole Church was committed to Blessed Peter, the Prince of the Apostles... Behold, he received the keys of the kingdom of heaven, the power to bind and loose was given to him, and the care and principality of the entire church was committed to him..."

You should probably read up more on Gregory the Great. Elsewhere he explicitly stated that he believed that there were three Petrine sees: Rome, Alexandria, and Antioch.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »

Acts 4:32: "The community of believers was of one heart and one mind ..."

1 Corinth 1:10: "I urge you, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose."

Philippians 1:27: "...that you are standing firm in one Spirit, with one mind struggling together for the faith of the Gospel, not intimidated in any way by your opponents."

Philippians 2:2: "...complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking of one thing."

1 Peter 3:8: "Finally, all of you, be of one mind ..."

« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »
I want everyone to listen to AncientFaith Radio:
Its trully great
http://ancientfaith.com/

We cant remain silent concerning the Pan Heresy of Ecumenism, a heresy which embraces all heresies.

The most dangerous heresy of all time:
http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/ea_rome.aspx

Videos Here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Orthodox%20ecumenism&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »

1 Corinth 1:10: "I urge you, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose."

Philippians 1:27: "...that you are standing firm in one Spirit, with one mind struggling together for the faith of the Gospel, not intimidated in any way by your opponents."

Philippians 2:2: "...complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking of one thing."

And don't forget John 17.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »

And don't forget John 17.

I forgot it.  :-[

John 17:20-23

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[a] believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:59:53 PM by Riddikulus »

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
So, basically it appears that you are implying that Christ was the anti-Christ.

« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »

Why should we be doing this now?
What is the purpose behind it?
Why should heretics have communion with other heretics?
Why should the Holy Orthodox faith, be yoked together with heretics?

http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/m012rpRatzingerInMosque.html

2Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor. 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Cor. 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Cor. 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Why do you think so many Christians were killed by HERETICS?

Because they didnt want to obey the HERETICS.

And now we want union with HERETICS?

How can this make sense to you?

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »

2Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor. 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Cor. 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Cor. 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

We're not talking about communing with heretics. We're talking about working to convert heretics (in case my quote of Ezekiel 33 hadn't made that blatantly clear).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:01:05 PM by deusveritasest »

« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

We're not talking about communing with heretics. We're talking about working to convert heretics (in case my quote of Ezekiel 33 hadn't made that blatantly clear).

It would be great if Catholics would convert to orthodoxy...

They don't know what they're missing.

This is the result of ecumenism, the betrayal of the soldiers of Christ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JOOJPDuEc

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
Do you guys still think we to to be 'united'

http://www.esphigmenou.com/

Down with ecumenism!

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
And that doesn't change anywhere in the world.  So we think, and you should think, that a Supreme Pontiff is not needed to keep the Church One, Holy, Catholic or Apostolic.

Indeed.  In fact, we believe the opposite to be true: that the Bishop of Rome needs the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church to keep himself free of error and in Communion with the Body of Christ.
Amen!  Let the Pope of Rome confess the Orthodox Faith, and he shall be first.

Good grief!  Never!  The man has been ill and ailing for the last 1000 years, distorting doctrines, unleashing persecution on the Orthodox Church and our faithful, trying to destroy us and divide us with imitations of Orthodox Churches.  And now we want to place him at the head of the Church of Christ!   God forbid!   He will need many long years and even centuries of slow restoration to spiritual and doctrinal health - and even then it is doubtful if he will regain the place he held in the first millennium.

Well said Father Ambrose....Bravo ,Pravo..... ;D
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »

Conversion is a form of religious union. Thus for you to condemn all forms of religious union is misleading.

Also, in case it hasn't been made clear enough yet, Orthodoxy is real Catholicism.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »

Yes, I wish for all to be brought into the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church of Christ.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »

They don't know what they're missing.

This is the result of ecumenism, the betrayal of the soldiers of Christ

Why are you so fearful?

Offline Hamartolos

• High Elder
« Reply #435 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
A sad post on what has become a sad thread to consider during this, the week following the Sunday of the Pharisee and the Publican.

Amen.

I must apologize for my previous comment and some others for being near inappropriate.  Please accept my apologies if I have offended.  I'm especially moved to do so after seeing some on here go half-insane over this issue.  

Ecumenism should be, at the very least, having dialogue with your fellow brothers and sisters of different faiths.  It can be seen as two sided, really.  On one side of the coin, we can compare our faith with that of others.  The trick to doing so is to somewhat detach ourselves and attempt to understand where the other is coming from.  All peoples of faith have been guilty of claiming supremacy...that's pretty common knowledge and needs to stop.  

Flipping to the other side of the coin, we are all people in this together.  To hate a person specifically because they believe something that is different from you is totally ignorant and makes those offenders look quite stupid.  Most of us tend to get heated when it comes to debating our religious differences...but let's keep ourselves in check and I will as well.  I've had disagreements on this fourm and have been called not so nice things, and have returned the favor.  

However, looking at how some people take it beyond a spirited debate (getbehindmesatan) makes you put it in perspective.  Rome and Constantinople may not reunite for a very long time.  Who knows what will be the preconditions for that reunification...until then let's help make the bigger focus of Ecumenism be tolerance and a lot less demanding of conformity to one or the other.  

« Reply #436 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »

Conversion is a form of religious union. Thus for you to condemn all forms of religious union is misleading.

Also, in case it hasn't been made clear enough yet, Orthodoxy is real Catholicism.

You obvious have been blinded by the spirit of the times, 'What concord hath Christ with Belial'?
'Come Out From Among Them, And I Will Receive You'

This all because of the pope, and evil men who are in charge of Greek Orthodoxy.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #437 on: January 26, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »
And that doesn't change anywhere in the world.  So we think, and you should think, that a Supreme Pontiff is not needed to keep the Church One, Holy, Catholic or Apostolic.

Indeed.  In fact, we believe the opposite to be true: that the Bishop of Rome needs the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church to keep himself free of error and in Communion with the Body of Christ.
Amen!  Let the Pope of Rome confess the Orthodox Faith, and he shall be first.

Good grief!  Never!  The man has been ill and ailing for the last 1000 years, distorting doctrines, unleashing persecution on the Orthodox Church and our faithful, trying to destroy us and divide us with imitations of Orthodox Churches.  And now we want to place him at the head of the Church of Christ!   God forbid!   He will need many long years and even centuries of slow restoration to spiritual and doctrinal health - and even then it is doubtful if he will regain the place he held in the first millennium.

If there happened to be a restored Bishop of Rome within the Church, the strict letter of canon would appear to require that the occupant of that see be recognized first in the diptychs. However, this problem could very well be resolved by not having the current occupant of the see at the time of the union remain the Bishop and have another from the Church take his place, or rather perhaps the Church could canonically rearrange that order such that Rome is no longer designated as first.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #438 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »

You obvious have been blinded by the spirit of the times, 'What concord hath Christ with Belial'?

This all because of the pope, and evil men who are in charge of Greek Orthodoxy.

I get the sense that you don't even understand what I'm saying, or even what you yourself are saying.

I'll try one more time and see if you can get.

If the Roman church were to be returned to the Orthodox Church by their rejection of their long-held heresies and an acceptance of the dogmatic tradition of the Orthodox Church, this would clearly be a form of religious union, though a different form from what you have been predominantly speaking of. If you condemn this form of union then you are clearly off the mark.

Catholicism is the tradition of the Church of Christ as has been established by the Church Fathers. The Orthodox Church at the time of the Second Ecumenical Council called the Orthodox Church the "One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church". As such, Orthodoxy is the real Catholicism that the Fathers were talking about rather than Romanism/Papism.

« Reply #439 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »

Yes, I wish for all to be brought into the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church of Christ.

That would be nice, But you can't 'force' people to be united to your state of mind.
I have heard that it is not the will of God for that to happen.
It just makes no sense.
So you don't believe in the anti-christ?
You dont believe in the Divine Revelation?
Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev. 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
2Tim. 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #440 on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
The reports of the demise of religion in the modern world are greatly exagerated.
I suppose I meant organised religion more.  Everyday you run into more 'spiritual' people rather than people who adhere to any sort of Church (other than culturally, maybe).

I don't belong to any organized religion. I'm Orthodox.
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #441 on: January 26, 2010, 10:24:35 PM »

That would be nice, But you can't 'force' people to be united to your state of mind.

I'm not talking about forcing people to become Orthodox. I'm only talking about the possibility that they may convert of their own will, and the reality that dialogue may facilitate their realization that Orthodoxy is the one true religion.

Depends on what you mean by that. But why are you asking anyway? That seems sort of tangential.

« Reply #442 on: January 26, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »

I get the sense that you don't even understand what I'm saying, or even what you yourself are saying.

If the Roman church were to be returned to the Orthodox Church by their rejection of their long-held heresies and an acceptance of the dogmatic tradition of the Orthodox Church, this would clearly be a form of religious union, though a different form from what you have been predominantly speaking of. If you condemn this form of union then you are clearly off the mark.

Catholicism is the tradition of the Church of Christ as has been established by the Church Fathers. The Orthodox Church at the time of the Second Ecumenical Council called the Orthodox Church the "One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church". As such, Orthodoxy is the real Catholicism that the Fathers were talking about rather than Romanism/Papism.

But that is not what is happening, or what happened, what happened was Pope John Paul II Got together with ALL OF THE RELIGIONS to create a united entity.

Does this not video yell out to your soul?

Down with ecumenism!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #443 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27:58 PM »
The reports of the demise of religion in the modern world are greatly exagerated.
I suppose I meant organised religion more.  Everyday you run into more 'spiritual' people rather than people who adhere to any sort of Church (other than culturally, maybe).

Is that a joke?

« Reply #444 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:15 PM »

I'm not talking about forcing people to become Orthodox. I'm only talking about the possibility that they may convert of their own will, and the reality that dialogue may facilitate their realization that Orthodoxy is the one true religion.

Depends on what you mean by that. But why are you asking anyway? That seems sort of tangential.

People say that 'Othodoxy is the best kept secret'

And I dont understand why it would be any different today, its been that way for thousands of years.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #445 on: January 26, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
How long have you been Orthodox, Get_Behind_Me_Satan?

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »
I suppose I meant organised religion more.  Everyday you run into more 'spiritual' people rather than people who adhere to any sort of Church (other than culturally, maybe).

Is that a joke?

Indeed it is not. A similar sentiment is expressed in the signature of the poster Αριστοκλής, who quotes Fr. John Romanides as saying: "Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." I still think these types of statements are rather silly and confusing things to say... but Αριστοκλής, Marc1152, ozgeorge, et al. seem to like the idea that Orthodoxy is not a religion. *shrugs* :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:34:07 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »

But that is not what is happening, or what happened, what happened was Pope John Paul II Got together with ALL OF THE RELIGIONS to create a united entity.

Does this not video yell out to your soul?

This form of union has happened before at various times in history.

I don't know why you're zoning in exclusively on modern ecumenism.

It is a form of religious union, one that neither of us appear to agree with, but it is not the only form of religious union.

Do you know a lot about the Arian controversy? Have you read at all about the council of Alexandria in 362? The explicitly Nicene party led by Athanasius the Great was separated from the "homoiousian" party of the Cappadocian Fathers, but eventually they sat down and talked and realized that they actually held the same faith, and entered into communion with one another. Do you think it was wrong for them to have done this? Or do you recognize that this is an acceptable for of religious union?

Just because there are many nowadays advocating false forms of union doesn't mean that we cannot in contrast advocate real union by attempting to influence other to conformity to Orthodox dogma.

« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »
How long have you been Orthodox, Get_Behind_Me_Satan?

Since I was 8, and now I am 20. But I never was interested in it until last year, when I had a near death experience on an overdose because of the demons I had let into my life from my dissolute life.
I had thought that aliens took over the world because I was soooo addicted to conspiracy videos, it completely ruled my life.

Because of my OD
I went through a complete transformation in the way I live and think.
All I do is read orthodox books, pray and try to do good.
Try not to anger my creator anymore.

If you read in the forums for prayer requests i'm in there as, "pray for my demon possessed soul''

Down with ecumenism!

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
  • My Son Aidan... :-)
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »
So for me to be Orthodox, I have to agree with this kind of dribble? This is 'The Cure' for the ills of the World? I've seen far more constructive vitriol out of Muslims. Why does every religion end up like this? Like versions of Get_Behind_Me_Satan?

I've dialogued with Muslim versions of Get_Behind_Me_Satan... Fundamentalist versions of Get_Behind_Me_Satan... Traditional Catholic versions of Get_Behind_Me_Satan... and now I've met the Orthodox version.

What's sad is that Orthodox honestly can deny him because their polemics support everything that he is saying.

Man, I'm going to have to be a Church on One.
St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”