Author Topic: Ecumenism (opinion on news)  (Read 102461 times)

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
Re: Ecumenism (opinion on news)
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
Why is a Roman Catholic person on a ORTHODOX Christian forum?
Because they are welcome here.

Who are you to even speak on this forum?!
Ignatius is a poster on OCnet, just like you.

We orthodox do not have anything to do with heretics.
Get out of here!
Brood of Vipers!
You are new here, aren't you? We don't speak to people rudely here. We certainly don't come onto the forum and in our third post on the forum decide who can and cannot speak here. Its a bit ridiculous to say that Roman Catholics cannot speak in the Orthodox-Catholic dialogue forum isn't it? Who are we supposed to dialogue with then?
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
Ecuminism is the religion of the Anti-Christ. One Religion, One Economy, One Government. Thats what they are aiming at, to destroy the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
We must have no communion with heritics: Catholics, Muslims, Buddists, or any of the other religion's created by satanic influence. The Vatican is the same as Ancient Rome, nothing has changed, its the whore of Babylon from the book of the Revelation Ch 13.
The Catholics killed over 50,000,000 during the inquisition's because they did not bow down to the evil Pope, the most horrific torture methods and devices were created then.
And now they are deceiveing everyone by lying tongues and evil deceptions, trying to create a one world religion so that all will bow down to the anti-christ, the pope could be the anti-christ. Roman Catholicism is certainly the Whore of Babylon described in the Revelation, meaning the heretical church, the one that was drunken with the blood of the martyr's and the saint's.
That's exactly what happened during the Papal Inquisitions, bible believing people were martyred because they did not worship the 'almighty' pope.

Our Orthodox Faith is being slowly destroyed by this 'Ecumenism', soon they will shut down the monasteries.

Look it up on YouTube There are some very enlightened Elder's that speak on all of this.
A Serbian Heiromonk Knows what He is Talking about on YouTube.
Look at it everyone.

And the Pope wants to lie to everyone saying that, 'Oh we must be in union because of love'
But He's a LIAR, and we will not give in to his lies.

Read the Revelation it will tell you about the Whore of Babylon.

The Church Fathers have commentated on Revelation and they say that the Whore of Babylon is ROME.

They are trying to destroy the clean waters of Orthodoxy, they are trying to pollute the Doctrine's handed down by or Holy Father's of the Orthodox Church, which cannot be altered or changed, the 7 Ecumenical Councels have clearly defined all of this.

But very, very sadly, the Greek church is corrupted and on fire from having communion with Heretics, ROCOR too.
Please pray for our Orthodox leaders, everyone, don't let yourselves be deceived. WE CAN HAVE NO COMMUNION WITH HERETICS.
That is why some have made there own church. The Genuine Orthodox Church is a church that RESISTS THE HERESY OF ECUMINISM. Thank God, this is the remnant church!
The Church of the Last Days!

May Christ have mercy on us all in these evil days.

Don't be surprised folks, this individual is the product of extreme polemic Orthodox individuals from the time of Bishop Phiotus on and the Massacre of the Latins in 1182.

This is why I see no reason to pursue unity between our Communions. We can't have Saints that teach this kind of vitriol and expect rational dialogue between the East and West.

What I want is true ascesis practices with zeal... and I don't see that in our shared culture. It's a shame really.

Don't you know that your church is heretical?
Don't you know that your church was founded on a lie?
Don't you know that Christian ORTHODOXY handed down by our Holy Fathers is the only true faith?
Don't you know that you fell away in 1054 and from then on became heretics?

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!
As a first-time poster on any discussion forum, it is always a good idea to learn about the discussion community you're joining before you so rudely assert that some should not be speaking here.  For instance, the admins of this site actually permit Roman Catholics to post on OC.net.  They've even opened up this sub-board for the purpose of allowing dialogue between Orthodox and Roman Catholics.  If you don't like this, then maybe this forum is not the right place for you.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
  • My Son Aidan... :-)
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »

I'm sure that you can search around for some of my posts and reach your own conclusion.  :)

Yes I have heard that by a few but most have pity toward us and don't use it to buff themselves up and kindly engage in dialogue to help us understand.

I have heard such claims.

Don't you know that Christian ORTHODOXY handed down by our Holy Fathers is the only true faith?

Yes, I have also heard this. What does 'having' the true faith in your possession feel like?

I wasn't alive in 1054... how could 'I' have fallen away then?

I have attended many Vesper Services with Orthodox Christians and dialogues for years with a local Orthodox Priest. Perhaps Orthodox have 'something' to do with us heretics, no?

Well, this is the Orthodox-Catholic Forum. I think it is here so that Catholics can discuss things with Orthodox Christians. Maybe it might be used to illuminate our error? That would lead to repentance and conversion or would you rather us not find Salvation?
St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
In all honesty I welcome dialogue with Get_Behind_Me_Satan. He doesn't offend me in the least. I've been on Baptist Forums and dialogued with Fundamentists so this isn't too bad.  :)
St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »
Ecuminism is the religion of the Anti-Christ. One Religion, One Economy, One Government. Thats what they are aiming at, to destroy the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
We must have no communion with heritics: Catholics, Muslims, Buddists, or any of the other religion's created by satanic influence. The Vatican is the same as Ancient Rome, nothing has changed, its the whore of Babylon from the book of the Revelation Ch 13.
The Catholics killed over 50,000,000 during the inquisition's because they did not bow down to the evil Pope, the most horrific torture methods and devices were created then.
And now they are deceiveing everyone by lying tongues and evil deceptions, trying to create a one world religion so that all will bow down to the anti-christ, the pope could be the anti-christ. Roman Catholicism is certainly the Whore of Babylon described in the Revelation, meaning the heretical church, the one that was drunken with the blood of the martyr's and the saint's.
That's exactly what happened during the Papal Inquisitions, bible believing people were martyred because they did not worship the 'almighty' pope.

Our Orthodox Faith is being slowly destroyed by this 'Ecumenism', soon they will shut down the monasteries.

Look it up on YouTube There are some very enlightened Elder's that speak on all of this.
Look at it everyone.

And the Pope wants to lie to everyone saying that, 'Oh we must be in union because of love'

The Church Fathers have commentated on Revelation and they say that the Whore of Babylon is ROME.

They are trying to destroy the clean waters of Orthodoxy, they are trying to pollute the Doctrine's handed down by or Holy Father's of the Orthodox Church, which cannot be altered or changed, the 7 Ecumenical Councels have clearly defined all of this.

But very, very sadly, the Greek church is corrupted and on fire from having communion with Heretics, ROCOR too.
Please pray for our Orthodox leaders, everyone, don't let yourselves be deceived. WE CAN HAVE NO COMMUNION WITH HERETICS.
That is why some have made there own church. The Genuine Orthodox Church is a church that RESISTS THE HERESY OF ECUMINISM. Thank God, this is the remnant church!

Don't be surprised folks, this individual is the product of extreme polemic Orthodox individuals from the time of Bishop Phiotus on and the Massacre of the Latins in 1182.

This is why I see no reason to pursue unity between our Communions. We can't have Saints that teach this kind of vitriol and expect rational dialogue between the East and West.

What I want is true ascesis practices with zeal... and I don't see that in our shared culture. It's a shame really.

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!
We are here because our Orthodox hosts are gracious enough to allow us to be here to learn and dialogue. I have learned a great deal about Byzantine Christianity since I have been here. Likewise I have learned a great deal about my own faith and its helped me to see how the early Church was not purely western but both eastern and western. Heck, I have even begun to see certain things through eastern eyes. I would think you would welcome such.
Also, at times my Eastern Orthodox breatheren discuss the Catholic faith. Because not all of them have not grown up in the Catholic communion, they do not always know exactly what Catholics believe on a particular issue and I am happy to share what I know about the Catholic faith. That being said there are a few posters here who are even more informed about Catholicism than I am.  ;D

Occassionally the discussion gets heated but I can say that I have really benefited from my time here. I think its  helped me to learn to control my temper for one, and just learning more about my faith and our common heritage has been wonderful.

So to my Eastern Orthodox hosts, I have to say thank you for allowing me to be on this forum. Especially considering that I was not always the most well behaved guest. Thank you and please forgive me for those times in which I have crossed the lines.

PS I have to tell you that I have very warm feelings for Eastern spirituality and theology because of the influence of many on this forum.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:01:09 PM by Papist »
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Get_Behind_Me_Satan

• 2Cor. 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »

Look at it everyone.

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!
As a first-time poster on any discussion forum, it is always a good idea to learn about the discussion community you're joining before you so rudely assert that some should not be speaking here.  For instance, the admins of this site actually permit Roman Catholics to post on OC.net.  They've even opened up this sub-board for the purpose of allowing dialogue between Orthodox and Roman Catholics.  If you don't like this, then maybe this forum is not the right place for you.

Im sorry but this is ridiculous, why should Orthodox Christians have any relationship with Catholics?
The Catholics are the ones who fell away, and now they want to be united again!?

It is a great horror that we have become so influenced and deluded by the Vatican.
They are the harlot church in Revelation, the heretic church.

Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Rev. 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev. 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev. 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev. 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev. 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Rev. 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev. 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev. 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Rev. 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev. 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev. 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
Rev. 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev. 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev. 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev. 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev. 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Rev. 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Rev. 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
Rev. 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Rev. 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev. 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev. 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev. 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev. 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev. 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev. 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev. 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
Rev. 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
Rev. 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Rev. 18:11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
Rev. 18:12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
Rev. 18:13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
Rev. 18:14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
Rev. 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
Rev. 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Rev. 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev. 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev. 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Rev. 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev. 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev. 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev. 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev. 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Rev. 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
Rev. 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
Rev. 19:3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
Rev. 19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
Rev. 19:5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
Rev. 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Rev. 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev. 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev. 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev. 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev. 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev. 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev. 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev. 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev. 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev. 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The Revelation is a book which is meant to be studied

Rev. 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev. 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Rev. 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Rev. 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
“The testimonies of the western teachers I neither recognize or accept. I surmise that they are corrupted.
There can be no compromise in matters of the Orthodox Faith.”

St Mark Of Ephesus, Doctor of the church. (True Church)

Down with ecumenism!

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »

Look at it everyone.

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!

Im sorry but this is ridiculous, why should Orthodox Christians have any relationship with Catholics?
The Catholics are the ones who fell away, and now they want to be united again!?

It is a great horror that we have become so influenced and deluded by the Vatican.
They are the harlot church in Revelation, the heretic church.

Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Rev. 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev. 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev. 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev. 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev. 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Rev. 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev. 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev. 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Rev. 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev. 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev. 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
Rev. 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev. 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev. 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev. 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev. 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Rev. 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Rev. 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
Rev. 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Rev. 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev. 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev. 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev. 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev. 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev. 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev. 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev. 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
Rev. 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
Rev. 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Rev. 18:11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
Rev. 18:12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
Rev. 18:13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
Rev. 18:14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
Rev. 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
Rev. 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Rev. 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev. 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev. 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Rev. 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev. 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev. 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev. 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev. 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Rev. 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
Rev. 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
Rev. 19:3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
Rev. 19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
Rev. 19:5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
Rev. 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Rev. 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev. 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev. 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev. 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev. 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev. 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev. 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev. 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev. 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev. 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The Revelation is a book which is meant to be studied

Rev. 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev. 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Rev. 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Rev. 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev. 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
You are so hungry.  ;D
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline ms.hoorah

• High Elder
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »

Because the mission of our Church requires that we speak/teach the Truth.  The greatest mistake we could make is to think that we should avoid involvement and responsibility to teach the Truth.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:09:46 PM by ms.hoorah »

• 2Cor. 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »

I'm sure that you can search around for some of my posts and reach your own conclusion.  :)

Yes I have heard that by a few but most have pity toward us and don't use it to buff themselves up and kindly engage in dialogue to help us understand.

I have heard such claims.

Yes, I have also heard this. What does 'having' the true faith in your possession feel like?

I wasn't alive in 1054... how could 'I' have fallen away then?

I have attended many Vesper Services with Orthodox Christians and dialogues for years with a local Orthodox Priest. Perhaps Orthodox have 'something' to do with us heretics, no?

Well, this is the Orthodox-Catholic Forum. I think it is here so that Catholics can discuss things with Orthodox Christians. Maybe it might be used to illuminate our error? That would lead to repentance and conversion or would you rather us not find Salvation?

Whats happening now is very sad. Orthodox christians are becoming deluded by poison spewed by the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

This should help your souls to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEC6e8N0Wfk&feature=PlayList&p=A5FB5BA9B8224F11&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGQVvEU8vY&feature=related

Im sorry for all the negativity, but that's all i see these days, things are not how they seem, the church is being seiged but satan. If you are not orthodox this is very hard to see.
I'm not condeming any Catholics, but I just want them to see the truth.
And I don't want venom to be spewed out on orthodox christians.

The only reason we want union of religions is because of NWO (new world order). That is the Truth.
The Kingdom of the Antichrist is coming, He will take the place of Christ.

This is for all the Catholics

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/john_paul_ii_preached_the_gospel_of_the_antichrist.php

Rom. 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Have faith in our Lord
“The testimonies of the western teachers I neither recognize or accept. I surmise that they are corrupted.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »

Look at it everyone.

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!

I spoke of a decision by this site's administrators.  If you think their decision ridiculous and that this forum should not be entertaining Catholic guests at all, then I suggest that you take that up with Fr. Anastasios or with Fr. Chris in a private message.  You can access the messages interface by clicking the "My Messages" link toward the top of the page.  Until then, I suggest that you read and familiarize yourself with the rules governing this forum, which can be read HERE and HERE.

Thank you.

- PeterTheAleut
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

So, I am to understand that we are pretty bad from all that. I've heard Fundamentalists use this kind of exegesis of the Scriptures but this is the first time I have seen used by Orthodox Christians. Is this commonly taught?

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »

So, I am to understand that we are pretty bad from all that. I've heard Fundamentalists use this kind of exegesis of the Scriptures but this is the first time I have seen used by Orthodox Christians. Is this commonly taught?
I don't think so. I have never heard EOs refer to our Church in this way.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:30:35 PM by Papist »

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »

He He He... in fairness I few heard are not so far off from his posts, they are just a bit more articulate.

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

He He He... in fairness I few heard are not so far off from his posts, they are just a bit more articulate.
Really? I am surprised. Usually I have only heard this from what most EOs would consider "non-cannonical" groups.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:37:08 PM by Papist »

« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »
The discussion between Catholics and Orthodox should be, 'To be Correct and right, you must return from Catholicism, renounce the pope, and be baptized as an orthodox Christian'.
Thats the only way it can be discussed.
You shall not worship a man (pope) like he's God.

Orthodoxy is so, so, deep and rich in teachers and truth. the Fathers and saints of Orthodoxy are real vessels of the spirit.
I am so lucky to be Orthodox, i don't really feel like i deserve it.
But i am. And its the greatest thing I could ever imagine, to be a part of such truth and tradition.

But, 'There can be no compromise in things if the Orthodox Faith', St Mark Of Ephesus.

Orthodoxy is the only way, there can be no compromise.

Down with ecumenism!

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #285 on: January 22, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
The discussion between Catholics and Orthodox should be, 'To be Correct and right, you must return from Catholicism, renounce the pope, and be baptized as an orthodox Christian'.
I think that many EOs here do try to "correct our erros.
You shall not worship a man (pope) like he's God.
I don't worship the Pope. 
Orthodoxy is so, so, deep and rich in teachers and truth. the Fathers and saints of Orthodoxy are real vessels of the spirit.
I agree for the most part.
I am so lucky to be Orthodox, i don't really feel like i deserve it.
Yup, you don't deserve it.
But i am. And its the greatest thing I could ever imagine, to be a part of such truth and tradition.
Are you? I am wondering if you are really part of an Orthodox Church, or are rather part of a non-cannonical group. What is your Jurisdiction exactly?
But, 'There can be no compromise in things if the Orthodox Faith', St Mark Of Ephesus.
I agree with Mark of Ephesus on this point.

Very true.

« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »
I was baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church

Down with ecumenism!

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »

Oh! So you're one of those "Get_Behind_Me_Satan" ? :D
Welcome!
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
That is why some have made there own church. The Genuine Orthodox Church is a church

1.  Welcome to the forum.   :)

2.  There is more than one Genuine Orthodox Church.  Which one do you represent?  ::)

3.  Try to lower your tone and talk like others on this forum, including others who identify with the Genuine Orthodox Church....

In Christ,

SolEX01

« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
I apologize for offending anyone, or the mental disturbances i may have caused.
I am just a proud fool, one who thinks he knows all.

Most of what i have said is true though.
Look into it, its all over the internet.
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/john_paul_ii_preached_the_gospel_of_the_antichrist.php

I am sorry, forgive me for my unsympathetic remarks.

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
Here is a website for and Catholics.
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Pope preaches the antichrist, sorry to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nyeD9cY8U

Down with ecumenism!

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Get_Behind_Me.... You can't call yourself Orthodox and keep referring to the website of some Roman Catholic monastery.  I am aware that the principals of said monastery receive Communion in a Byzantine Rite Catholic Church which doesn't make them, nor you, Orthodox Christians by any definition of the term.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »

Wow. I had seen you as one the most informed posters here for a long time. A person to whom I could take my questions regarding Eastern Orthodoxy. But let me tell you, that by this last post you just lost tons of my respect. How could you possibly think that when we speak of our one Father we mean the Pope and not God? I am so disgusted by your post right now that I am gonna have to step away from the computer so that I don't get really uncharitable with you. In fact, I may just have to keep myself from responding to any of your posts. I think an apology is in order.

Papist, answer this: when someone of your church refers to "the Holy Father", who do you first think of?

I cannot speak for Papist but I do hear 'Our Holy Father' used to refer to our Patriarch in Rome. That said I have met my Bishop several times and even had the opportunity to have him hear my confession. He is greeted with Your Excellency followed by a kissing of the ring.

I think the fact that "Holy Father" means the Pope lends some amount of credibility to ialmisry's point.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

Wow. I had seen you as one the most informed posters here for a long time. A person to whom I could take my questions regarding Eastern Orthodoxy. But let me tell you, that by this last post you just lost tons of my respect. How could you possibly think that when we speak of our one Father we mean the Pope and not God? I am so disgusted by your post right now that I am gonna have to step away from the computer so that I don't get really uncharitable with you. In fact, I may just have to keep myself from responding to any of your posts. I think an apology is in order.

Papist, answer this: when someone of your church refers to "the Holy Father", who do you first think of?
Do you think of God or the Patriarch of Constantinople when you hear "His All Holiness". If you think of the Patriarch of Constantinople then your charges are hypocritical.

Why? I do not have such an association with the Patriarch of Constantinople.

Besides that, the charges were made by ialmisry, not me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:59:34 PM by deusveritasest »

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »

You do not want the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church to be the one world religion?

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »

Get out of here!

Brood of Vipers!

A Pharisee pretending to be anti-Pharisaic. How awful.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »

For a number of reasons. But if you weren't such a Pharisee you would realize that this is the only way to accomplish their potential conversion. You're even too radically "traditional" to realize that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:09:24 PM by deusveritasest »

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »

I'm not condeming any Catholics,

That's exactly the primary thing you've been doing in this thread!

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »

More like return to Catholicism. But I suppose you're not traditional (in the legitimate and true sense) enough to realize that Orthodoxy is Catholicism. I'm not surprised.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »

I was baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church

Talk about ambiguous.

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

More like return to Catholicism. But I suppose you're not traditional (in the legitimate and true sense) enough to realize that Orthodoxy is Catholicism. I'm not surprised.

In his defense, he is simply recongizing how the word is known and use in it's modern parlance. Not as politically correct as you have been attempting to be, but the individual is reacting to it's modern usage.

You two should be working together instead of bickering over these minor issues. Why not instead rest in the unity that you despise us.

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »
Get_Behind_Me.... You can't call yourself Orthodox and keep referring to the website of some Roman Catholic monastery.  I am aware that the principals of said monastery receive Communion in a Byzantine Rite Catholic Church which doesn't make them, nor you, Orthodox Christians by any definition of the term.

Because it tells us about how evil the pope is from catholics themselves!

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »

You do not want the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church to be the one world religion?

What I mean is the one church which was in the beginning, the church of the seventy apostles.
The Same Doctrines and Dogmas.
http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/ortho_cath.html

This ecuminism is anti-christ, it the anti-christ religion:
This man will tell you about what you REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGjxtEn_UXA

Please be careful

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2010, 11:21:22 PM »
These is what Catholics are not supposed to know about

http://v666.wordpress.com/category/vatican-satanism/

Down with ecumenism!

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »
Get_Behind_Me.... You can't call yourself Orthodox and keep referring to the website of some Roman Catholic monastery.  I am aware that the principals of said monastery receive Communion in a Byzantine Greek Rite Catholic Church which doesn't make them, nor you, Orthodox Christians by any definition of the term.

Those Roman Catholics who rejected Vatican II which I can probably count on the combined fingers and toes of members of this board (excluding Greek Rite Catholics).

Besides, you are posting websites related to conspiracy theories and the like.  During the last decade, I used to visit such sites and grew disgusted with them to the point that I no longer visit them.  Why visit a conspiracy website when I believe in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church as recited in the Nicene Creed during every Sunday Divine Liturgy?   ???

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »
When did Jack Chick start pretending to be Orthodox?
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »

Our Father among the Saints Andrew of Caesarea identifies the Harlot commentating on ch  17, Rev.

17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Identification of the Harlot Ch17:1-2: 'Some consider this harlot to be old Rome, since she sits on seven hills, and the seven heads of the beast that carries [the harlot] to be the more ungodly kings from Domition to Diocletian who persecuted the church. However, we are guided as much as possible by the sequence and think that she is either the earthly kingdom generally, depicted as one body, or that city that is ruled until the arrival of the anti-christ, For old Rome lost the power of dominion a long time ago, and we do not suppose that the ancient status will again return to it. But should we grant this, the power that governs today will have been destroyed beforehand. For the revelation says, ''The woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.''

Those were the words from  St Andrew of Caesarea about Revelation Ch17.

From my perspective Rome has had that ancient status, its power, great power.

And they have killed Christians, (Papal Inquisition). remember?

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »

Oh! So you're one of those "Get_Behind_Me_Satan" ? :D
Welcome!

What does that supposed to mean?
Is my name funny?
Are Christ's words funny?

You can't be serious

Down with ecumenism!

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2010, 12:11:12 AM »
Get_Behind_Me.... You can't call yourself Orthodox and keep referring to the website of some Roman Catholic monastery.  I am aware that the principals of said monastery receive Communion in a Byzantine Greek Rite Catholic Church which doesn't make them, nor you, Orthodox Christians by any definition of the term.

Those Roman Catholics who rejected Vatican II which I can probably count on the combined fingers and toes of members of this board (excluding Greek Rite Catholics).

Besides, you are posting websites related to conspiracy theories and the like.  During the last decade, I used to visit such sites and grew disgusted with them to the point that I no longer visit them.  Why visit a conspiracy website when I believe in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church as recited in the Nicene Creed during every Sunday Divine Liturgy?   ???

Oh man I used to be soooo involved in conspiracy theories that I ended up trying to murder myself because of the demons I let into my soul, like aliens and Illuminati, I ended up sacrificing myself to satan by overdosing on drugs because I thought my family and the world was taken over by aliens, but they were not aliens, they were demons, I tried to kill myself many times, I thought about it soo much, because I was sooooo scared that someone like the government or someone would kill me, or like my familiy was involved in it. The scariest thing that I could ever imagine had ever happened to me was because of that obsession.
Its madness if you dont go to church or have faith in Christ.

But through all of this I found the truth, I rediscovered my Orthodox Faith, my baptizm, and I found orthodox books that my mom bought that I never read like Monastic Wisdom, by Elder Joseph the Hesycast, the Philokalia,(the most sublime book, other than the Bible), a book that saved my life,(a book that should not be read by non-orthodox, a book that should be read very carefully, St Issac of Syria says, 'It is a great evil for someone to read  the most exalted spiritual writings, when in spiritual stature he is still an infant') The Art of Prayer,(another superb book) and the bible. I am sooo lucky to be alive after all the insanity i experienced.
Satan really wanted me to kill myself because I have let demons into my soul through the conspiracies, through my sexual immorality and drug abuse, I took ecstacy pills, lsd, Shrooms, marijuana, cocaine, alcohol, cigarretes.
I am so lucky that I am not still doing those evil, evil things, but I have utterly defiled my soul, and only Christ can heal me, He's the one who has given me sight, Its a miracle that I'm still alive.
I am born again!

Praise the Lord!

Down with ecumenism!

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35:32 AM »
I am born again!

Praise the Lord!

Glory to God!

Welcome home.

Try to control your enthusiasm in the forum.   :)

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

If you have read the important Russian Orthodox statement on Ecumenism issued in 2000 you will see that they are holding the same position as you.  (They probably would not baptize Catholics but would resort to economy.  Otherwise your positions match up.)

You can read the Russian Orthodox statement here:
http://www.mospat.ru/en/documents/attitude-to-the-non-orthodox/

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2010, 02:37:06 AM »

If you have read the important Russian Orthodox statement on Ecumenism issued in 2000 you will see that they are holding the same position as you.  (They probably would not baptize Catholics but would resort to economy.  Otherwise your positions match up.)

Knowing Catholicism is be servants of Satan, how is it that Orthodoxy so often fails to give Catholic Converts the graces of a proper and authentic Baptism? How do Orthodox Priests co-mingle the Rituals of this Church of Demons with that of Christ's Church?

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2010, 02:52:22 AM »

Knowing Catholicism is be servants of Satan, how is it that Orthodoxy so often fails to give Catholic Converts the graces of a proper and authentic Baptism? How do Orthodox Priests co-mingle the Rituals of this Church of Demons with that of Christ's Church?

"Knowing Catholicism is be servants of Satan,....Church of Demons..."    Are you for real or just playing games with poor GBMS? 

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »

Our Father among the Saints Andrew of Caesarea identifies the Harlot commentating on ch  17, Rev.

17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Identification of the Harlot Ch17:1-2: 'Some consider this harlot to be old Rome, since she sits on seven hills, and the seven heads of the beast that carries [the harlot] to be the more ungodly kings from Domition to Diocletian who persecuted the church. However, we are guided as much as possible by the sequence and think that she is either the earthly kingdom generally, depicted as one body, or that city that is ruled until the arrival of the anti-christ, For old Rome lost the power of dominion a long time ago, and we do not suppose that the ancient status will again return to it. But should we grant this, the power that governs today will have been destroyed beforehand. For the revelation says, ''The woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.''

Those were the words from  St Andrew of Caesarea about Revelation Ch17.

From my perspective Rome has had that ancient status, its power, great power.

So when you read Old Rome, you equate that with the the See of Rome and not the Pagan Empire of Rome?

And they have killed Christians, (Papal Inquisition). remember?

I wonder who killed more, the Papal Inquisition or Constantinople during the Massacre of Latins in 1182? Remember? Know well that deeds of great violence have been done toward many in the name of Christ, be not so quick to point fingers at others.

I know it has been told that in all his pictures Arelius painted all faces after the manner and appearance of the women he loved, and so too everyone paints devotion according to his own passions and fancies. A man given to fasting thinks himself very devout if he fasts, although his heart may be filled with hatred. Much concerned with sobriety, he doesn't dare to wet his tongue with wine or even water but won't hesitate to drink deep of his neighbor's blood by detraction and calumny. Another man thinks himself devout because he daily recites a vast number of prayers, but after syaing them he utters the most disagreeble, arrogant, and harmful words at home and among the neighbros. Another gladly takes a coin out of his pocket and gives it to the poor, but he cannot extract kindness from his heart and forgive his enemies. Another forgives his enemies but never pays his creditors unless compelled to do so by force of law. All these men are usually considered to be devout, but they are by no means such. Saul's servants searched for David in his house but Michael had put a statue on his bed, covered it with David's clothes, and thus led them to think that it was David himself lying there sick and sleeping. In the same manner, many persons clothe themselves with certain outward actions connected with holy devotion and the world believes that they are truly devout and spiritual whereas they are in fact nothing but shadows and phantoms of true devotion. ~ St. Francis de Sales - Introduction to the Devout Life

I think I see far too many who claim to be truly devout but I fail to see the fruits which claim them as Christ's. I seem to see many who confuse 'zeal' with 'anger' toward his or her fellow man. Where is our 'Meekness' which gives us patience and peace which disposes us to control our anger when offended or to restrain resentment? I see far too many rationalize their own self-righteousness or anger or resentment toward individuals whom they personally don't know because of their own projections of who they are and what they lack by their own religious identity?

Whatever Catholicism is or was or will be... I think it is important that you first judge me and others by our fruit, how we live and how we love for it is by our fruit that you will know that we are Christ's. How much more would I be rewarded in heaven if I, without, the benefits of the 'true' Faith and actually learned Virtue from Demon's? How is it that we few learn the Virtues? How is it that we draw spiritual fruit from such a carnal tree as you are so quick to claim?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:33:01 AM by ignatius »