OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 07:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian and/or Ukrainian speakers  (Read 536 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« on: January 15, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »

I'm not sure which language this video is in, but it's caused some discussion over amongst some friends and we'd like to know what this is all about.  It appears to be a song from a children's show of sorts, but we're fascinated by it and would like to know more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSThf8kJdM

Note, this is just a video of a performance of a song that I do not think is obscene or crass in any way...it's just weird to a Yank like me.

Thanks!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »

It's in modern vernacular Russian. A clip from a movie made based on a book, titled "Adventures of Buratino," by A.N. Tolstoy (not a relative of Lev Tolstoy). The book and the movie are both sort of like a re-telling of the Pinocchio story, with some additional motifs.

Love never fails.
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »

Why is it weird to you, Shultz?

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Honestly, it's more weird to my friends than it is to me.  I like theater and whatnot and find this clip delightful.  I wish I knew Russian so I could enjoy it more.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: