Author Topic: Moratorium on Discussing Homosexual Conduct  (Read 3151 times)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
Moratorium on Discussing Homosexual Conduct
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »
Based on the sudden rash of discussing topics relating to homosexuality with these discussions resulting in a cascade of urgent activity by the Moderatorial staff, I am forced to impose a moratorium on discussing topics revolving around homosexuality here on until a point after Pentecost.

During this moratorium any posts discussing homosexuality will have their contents edited or deleted, and disciplinary action will be meted out. Any existing threads discussing homosexuality will be locked.

Moderators: Generally we do not take an action without building a consensus of the Moderatorial Staff. However, in this regard you are authorized to act without hesitation. Just make note of the actions taken as we usually do.

This directive will take effect immediately.

Forum Administrator
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Re: Moratorium on Discussing Homosexual Conduct
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
For the record, this moratorium is still in force for the time being. No one lifted it, yet some posters decided on their own that it had expired because Pentecost was over (even though the exact expiration date was not specified).

Fr Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
bump for reminder
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »
It's still in use.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject