OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 26, 2015, 06:39:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buggies are running amok.  (Read 1741 times) Average Rating: 0
littlepilgrim64
High Elder

Faith: Pre-catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »

Know that you and your husband remain in my prayers.  Lord, have mercy!!
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 12:56:56 PM »

UPDATE and further request for prayers:

Lord have mercy, this has been a battle.  

The Lord has been very good to us in the midst of this fiasco.  I'm thankful.  Currently we are beginning to see a serious decrease in the mites population.  We found three places in the house where they had grouped into their own 'displaced' nest.  One of these place we only caught a few thousand of them, and there had to be well over 50,000 of them on the wall.  They disappeared into the cracks before we could clear them away, but our bug-guy left some very good insecticide, so we treated all the cracks.  Hopefully, we got them all.  The other place was under a plant upstairs - the pot was huge - there was probably a good 15,000 of them under the pot.  Those were all caught, killed and cleared.  The last place was in our iron. . . all of them were killed - there were between 7 and 10 thousand, there.  After the last 'catch' the numbers suddenly took a nose dive - so I am hoping that that is the last of the 're-located' nests.  

I'm thinking that this might be the problem for people who deal with this type of invasion for years.  They have a relocated nest of mites somewhere that has not been found and cleared away.  

We removed three bird's nests from the house - so this makes sense.  

We do still have mites in the house - I'm just not rolling off over a 100 at a time from my clothing every 10 minutes.  Now I'm rolling about 20 at a time about once every couple of hours or so. . .so a huge improvement but we're not done, yet.  

I have severe repetitive use injuries in both of my arms from the shoulder down.  My hands are exptremely bad - with my thumbs and first two fingers on each hand extremely numb.  I saw the doc on Friday - so I am now in treatment - but I've been told not to use my hands for several weeks. . . so vacuuming, bailing water for the clothing boils, ironing and mopping are supposed to be out - and honestly, I tried to bail water this morning and re-fill the stock pot for another load of laundry, but it was way too painful to do so.  

The clean up on these mites are a daily 16 hour a day, at least two person job, and because of the laundry process that we found wasn't working - both in the bedding and the daily wear we are way way far behind.  The pain level has been very very high.  My doc treated me like I was a drug addict when I asked for something or pain - and gave me a minimum dosage for one pill a night - which doesn't begin to cover the pain level.  I've never ever been addicted to drugs and rarely take pain medication - but when it's bad it's bad.  

This mite explosion has already cost us $30,000.  $20,000 is going toward the repairs needed for the house so that this does not happen again.  $10,000 has been spent on the actual house hold fight - and will probably spend another $5000 before it's all done.  We also will have to purchase replacement furniture and carpeting. . .probably another $3000 to $5000. . . so this has been an incredibly expensive event.

Please pray for me. . . I am humbled by all of this - especially now.   This is not effecting my husband very much if at all - as he goes to work every day and the mites just don't bite him.  This, however is effecting me severely in every which way.  My sin revisits me. . . but even so, He's been incredibly merciful through out all of this. . . there have been a lot of small favors/miracles - and each speaks to my husband and he wonders about it. . .they are such that he is beginning to think they cannot be coincidences. . . which is wow. . .wonderful.  He's a tremendously gracious and loving God.  

Also - I rarely have time for anything much right now.  .and typing is painful. . .though not as painful as most other things. . . I am on facebook - and I would love it if you would add me so that I can keep in touch with you.  Please IM me, and I will give you my name on facebook.  

Love in Christ Jesus,

Thank you for your prayers.  They are saving my life right now and daily.  

BethAnna
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:05:02 PM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »

may God give u strength in this difficult time.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »

LORD have mercy!
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »

I do want to add that through all of this - our house is being set 'aright'. . .  a very very good thing. Smiley

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden.  Continued prayers.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
marigold
OC.net guru

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2015, 04:58:37 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy! Please give BethAnna strength in all things and help her in removing the mites.
Chiere
Live Free, Die Hard!
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Indianapolis

Thank you LizaSymonenko for my avatar & signature

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2015, 09:56:26 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I hereby promise that there will be no more obscene or profane content in any of my posts or profile information.

-Chiere
January 25, 2015
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 11:40:29 PM »

Lord have mercy!

littlepilgrim64
High Elder

Faith: Pre-catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2015, 01:34:09 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »

Update:

We are not boiling clothes any longer - seems the connectors to the eyes in the stove top melted due to the size of the pot.  Thankfully, my husband is Mr. Fixit and can fix the oven without any issue.  My hands got so bad that I ended up calling my husband home from work in order to remove the sheets from the pot - so with the stove melting and my hands as bad as they are, we decided to buy a top of the line washing machine and dryer that actually removes dust mites. . .figuring that if it will remove dustmites, it will probably remove bird mites.  So far, we've been using the washer for a week - the dryer was delivered Friday and both work very very VERY well.  No more boiling, no more burns, no more lifting heavy soaked towels, quilts and blankets - so my hands will have a chance to heal.

We found that our laundry room holds another mite nest - but there isn't anything we can do about it until the work on the house is complete.  The ceiling needs to be closed, gutters need to be placed and the wall and floor they are residing on needs to also be replaced. 

We slept in this morning and finally got some rest.  We were both exhausted. 

Thank you  for your continue prayers.  BOTH of us are so thankful for them - and BOTH of us are thankful for this event - we have learned so much. . .and it has changed us to become better people. 

Love to all,
BethAnna

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 12:09:39 AM »

Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 01:04:10 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Praise the Lord that the buggy problems are diminishing.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
vorgos

Faith: Not enough

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 06:24:57 AM »

Lord have mercy on both of you. I don't know that I could have managed so well...

BTW have you considered having the house blessed by your priest? It wouldn't hurt.

Hope it is over soon.
marigold
OC.net guru

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 08:30:50 AM »

Lord, have mercy.
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 12:28:53 PM »

Lord have mercy on both of you. I don't know that I could have managed so well...

BTW have you considered having the house blessed by your priest? It wouldn't hurt.

Hope it is over soon.

My priest and I have talked about blessing our house - **chuckles** and very aptly talked about an exorcism after the bird mites are gone.  In the mean time, no one can come over to the house unless they are making repairs.  Until they stop laying eggs, it really isn't safe for anyone from church (or anyone else, actually) to come over to the house or have me visit them - the risk of contagion is too high.  Smiley

But I think having the house blessed is very very necessary.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:30:40 PM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: