OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 10:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Left as a Christian Heresy  (Read 196 times) Average Rating: 0
Fabio Leite
Warned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

The Evil LongSkirt of Oppression is out to Oppress

« on: November 25, 2014, 03:59:55 PM »

(...)
The revolution is not a unified ideology or agenda at all, but rather a way of seeing the world, (...) the one common thread running through the revolution since the 13th and 14th centuries. According to de Carvalho, revolutionary thought as we know it did not exist before about the 13th century.

Instead, this revolutionary inversion has its origins in an early Christian heresy (arrogating to itself the role of Christ the avenger) and has at least three aspects:

1-Inversion of the perception of time.

Normal individuals, based on common sense, see the past as something immutable and the future as something that can be changed (it is contingent, as de Carvalho puts it). Not so the leftist revolutionary, who sees the utopian future as a goal that eventually will be reached no matter what and the past as something that can be changed, through reinterpretation (what we call “rewriting history”), to accommodate it.
(...)

2-The inversion of morality

De Carvalho points out that because the revolutionary (leftist) believes implicitly in a future utopia where there will be no evil, this same revolutionary believes that no holds should be barred in achieving that utopia. Thus, his own criminal activities in achieving that goal are above reproach. The author cites Che Guevara, who said that the revolutionary is the “highest rank of mankind.” Thus, armed with such moral superiority, Che was able to cold-bloodedly murder his political enemies wholesale.

To the revolutionary mind, it is normal that the revolutionary should pay no mind to the bourgeois morality, because after all, nothing he does can be construed as immoral, since the sum total of his actions hasten the revolution when justice will prevail. This is why conservatives frequently refer to the Left’s hypocrisy (for example, environmental champion Al Gore’s 20-fold electricity consumption compared to yours and mine).
(...)

3-Inversion of subject and object

When revolutionaries like Che, and Hitler’s operatives, for example, killed innocent people, they would blame the people they killed for “making” them do it by refusing to go along with their revolutionary notions. This is one example the author gives of the inversion of subject and object.

Olavo de Carvalho is a well-known Brazilian philosopher and writer, many of whose articles have graced the pages of Laigle’s Forum.
http://laiglesforum.com/olavo-de-carvalho-on-the-revolutionary-mind/305.htm
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:00:39 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Go ma minions of modesty!
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »

Mouth vomit...

More later once I recover
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:10:56 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »

I'm on the left and I haven't held to or done such things...  Huh
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »

Mouth vomit...

More later once I recover
+1

Oh crap, I agree with Marc...  Tongue

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »

This is -almost- as much fun as Maria filling the prayer threads with 'Lord have mercy's when she is pissed off.

But not really.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »

Yeah, Mussolini, Franco, Diem, Hacha, Hlinka, Laval, Marcos, Tiso,  just to name a few rightist dictators, they were all "good" Catholics??  Huh
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:10:38 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

There is a right wing religion and a left wing religion. And neither one of them has anything to do with the religion of Christ.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »

LOL!  Pitiful.  This thread is just another rage-fueled extension of the "I'm Mad People Called Me Out On My 'Modestwear' Fetish" thread.  How dare you Leftists (read: anyone who disagrees with me) ruin my posting pictures of girls in ankle-length denim skirts....oooooohh....ankle-length denim skirts....aaaagggghhh...

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »

Locked for review

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: