Author Topic: Sorry to say but catholics who hate orthodox teaching are hurting others  (Read 389 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
and me though deservedly for me

Also the orthodox who have rejected the true biblical tradition are also crucifying christ by allowing others to perish because our words are not received as truth so others won't listen to us. Therefore it is time for all churches to repent and return to the truth and try to be united. I am not blaming the church for there are many good believers so others are not deceived by the church but someone like me could feel excused to teach false if he is evil which I am. I guess I can blame no one but myself.

I am making this post because I deeply regret not speaking wisely to a person who wanted to know if suicide is forgiven if a person regrets it after he done something he intended to be final because I thought if he is really contemplating suicide it could be because of people ignoring his feeling about the issue but now I know I am most stupid.

True I crucified christ by representing Him poorly before others because of my sin of thinking I could read people intention and was presumptuous to think I could get away if I said something wrong or to think Christ insisting God covers me from being faultless because of my pride of probably wanting to show myself as savioir and more righteous than others or righteous before others. True but I don't want to pay for my sin forever by seeing the suffering of any I could have helped or misled.

If the  church does not at all warn of the consequences of suicide which is eternal punishment or atleast any thing bad and try to help many catholics will not have a good future in heaven and even I believe many would not inherit eternal life

I was warned by someone in the past not to help such people because I am sick myself and I can not help others. But I thought they should not be ignored and I thought they were trying to stop me from saving others. They needed a professional. If they told me that was the reason and I understood it I would never have been so foolish. I thought by adding my thoughts or discussing ideas I have heard to find truth would help but it does not. If such people go to hell I feel responsible. I still think someone needed to reach out so I didn't regret it because I thought the person wanted attention from me or that I am the best to help that person.

I must stop following a post modern Jesus and follow the biblical Jesus. But that does not mean it is always my duty to speak.

If you are interested to know the difference you can read here.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/290ylg7.jpg

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:10:37 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
My sin does not deserve forgiveness but I will hope in salvation or atleast hope

in less damnation if I deserve no forgiveness.

I did evil because I did not help but made it worse but I could be forgiven I do not know because the Lord still could show everyone right from wrong.

The lesson is do not try to help people if you are not a professional and can stumble
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:02:54 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I guess I can blame no one but myself.

But they could still help

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
I don't think you did anything wrong. At worst you made a mistake. We all try our best to understand God and we all screw up. Don't be so hard on yourself.

If David was forgiven for killing a man to sleep with his wife, you can be forgiven for screwing up an explanation of an exceedingly difficult topic. Just try to do better in the future, that's all God asks.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Thankyou for your comfort. But david mourned for his sin all his life. I should still try to correct it but not with undisciplined and badly timed words all the time.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:35:55 PM by mikeforjesus »

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
Thankyou for your comfort. But david mourned for his sin all his life.

Not really. AFAICT, he buried his child, wrote Psalm 50, and... then moved on with his life (he went on to marry Bathsheba after all, which would seem strange for a man who was determined to punish himself over the incident for all time).

I've always found the whole passage kind of moving, emphasis mine.

Quote from: 2 Samuel 12:13-24
So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.
However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.” Then Nathan departed to his house.

And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill. David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them. Then on the seventh day it came to pass that the child died. And the servants of David were afraid to tell him that the child was dead. For they said, “Indeed, while the child was alive, we spoke to him, and he would not heed our voice. How can we tell him that the child is dead? He may do some harm!”

When David saw that his servants were whispering, David perceived that the child was dead. Therefore David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?”

And they said, “He is dead.”

So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. Then his servants said to him, “What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”

And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”

Then David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in to her and lay with her. So she bore a son, and he called his name Solomon. Now the Lord loved him, and He sent word by the hand of Nathan the prophet: So he called his name Jedidiah, [means, "beloved of the Lord"] because of the Lord.

I should still try to correct it but not with undisciplined and badly timed words all the time.

I can be a pretty bad explainer myself lol! Just be honest with them about your difficulties communicating and try to practice epistemological humility. If the person you're talking to isn't a jerk, they'll understand and take things with the appropriate number of grains of sodium chloride. And most importantly they'll look into these things themselves and make up their own minds with prayer and humility.

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Ok. Thankyou for your support :) I believe he married her for her sake because she was pregnant but I think you are right that he didn't only think on his sin and not try to live his life also.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:40:10 PM by mikeforjesus »

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
Ok. Thankyou for your support :) I believe he married her for her sake because she was pregnant but I think you are right that he didn't only think on his sin and not try to live his life also.

He was the king though, he could have had her shipped to the ends of the Earth and nobody would have cared.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon

He was the king though, he could have had her shipped to the ends of the Earth and nobody would have cared.

Thats true he did move on but he was also taking responsibility for his sin.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:59:51 PM by mikeforjesus »

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches

Thats true he did move on but he was also taking responsibility for his sin.

Yeah.

Though, as I've found out myself recently, we can take responsibility but we can't control whether the other person accepts our apology or not. Important to keep in mind.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Catholics do not teach universal salvation according to this thread if it is indeed honest

https://forums.catholic.com/t/universal-salvation/371713/20

My church teaches we should be ecumenical. The point of ecumenism is to discover the truth that we be may be all united in the same beliefs or atleast accept one another. We should love one another. Since the catholic church does not believe in universal salvation I will try to learn their beliefs but never convert unless I know it is the truth.One catholic poster said to me however that they leave it to the leaders to make unity and they do not want to try to make unity with the orthodox but leave it to the leaders. Therefore it seems we should not try to win each other over but only help those who are interested to know about our faith. I will however try not to go to their forums but learn the faith some other way because we are not very welcome on their forums and may suffer harm because they may not be very trusting.

I am not sure however they are honest in not believing universal salvation because catholics think some of us are not saved unless we are invincibly ignorant

Thankyou very much for your care for me. Perhaps God lets people go to hell because they can not endure heaven in their sin and as they have no more chance to correct their sin if it is allowed in heaven it will defile heaven which is a place where righteousness dwells and God only gives one life because it is fair and that is part of His nature and God's nature never changes. It is said it is appointed to men once to die and after that the judgement.

I thought about this before I read this and I have read this before that one said the damned choose to be in hell sounds good but in fact I think it is because others are made higher than them and I may be guilty of that since I could see someone who taught universal salvation higher than me who maybe did not believe it but thought the truth should be kept private. If they are made higher than me I may not be able to believe they love me

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
Well, it only takes one person going to Hell for it to not be universal salvation, right? A whole lot of people who didn't know Christ or become Catholic in this life might be saved despite invincible ignorance, but those dying with vincible ignorance would still be lost.

I don't see how hoping for universal salvation endangers anybody as long as you still give them the Gospel wherever you can. Whether universal salvation is true or not, they still suffer from sin in the here and now and God wants to heal them of it sooner rather than later.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Well, it only takes one person going to Hell for it to not be universal salvation, right? A whole lot of people who didn't know Christ or become Catholic in this life might be saved despite invincible ignorance, but those dying with vincible ignorance would still be lost.

I don't see how hoping for universal salvation endangers anybody as long as you still give them the Gospel wherever you can. Whether universal salvation is true or not, they still suffer from sin in the here and now and God wants to heal them of it sooner rather than later.

Thanks :) It is wrong to teach it as fact but to hope in it if it pleases God is okay but you must preach as though it is not true.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
the church teaches eternal puishment but does not condemn those who hope in universal salvation but do not teach as fact. Or if they do not condemn those who teach it as fact how come the church does not know what the Lord taught? unless the Lord wishes not to force the truth on us but to accept it willingly by trusting Him.
Those who do not take the message of hell seriously and are not seeking to reject universalism ignore the Lords warning that if anyone adds or takes away from His words his part will be taken away from the heavenly city

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:45:09 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Have more to say but a fool vents all his feelings so I will say another time if it is right.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:04:09 AM by mikeforjesus »