OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 02:02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here use Ebay? Is it difficult?  (Read 1393 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOCA

« on: December 22, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »

Hey all, my friend from Germany has inspired me to create an Ebay account and possibly start selling stuff on Ebay. I was just wondering if it's easy and safe to use.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:51:38 PM »

Yes.  It's very easy with step by step instructions for listing auctions.  I've made thousands of dollars over the years.

Make sure you also open a PayPal account, as it makes receiving payment from your buyers so much easier.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »

It's pretty easy from what I recall but I've not used it in about five years.  I more recently sold a few books on Amazon for a decent price and it was easy to navigate as well.  Alveus has great advice, though.  Set up a PayPal account and be sure you know how much your product is worth so you don't get ripped off.  Good luck!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
88Devin12
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »

thanks so much! we've been selling stuff at garage sales, but we don't make much money, and it's getting to the point where it's always nice to have that extra money... I'm gonna try to start with old comics I have...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »

I have only bought on Ebay, but most of what I have found is sold by individuals and not stores.  My father sells stamps on Ebay and has done so for years and years.  He finds it quite easy and agreeable since he can sell to people all over the country and abroad from the comfort of his own home. (An advantage when one is 84  Smiley  )

Ebor
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:01:46 AM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:11 AM »

As others have said, yes, it's safe and easy to use. I've probably made over a thousand dollars selling various things on it over the years, and have probably bought over two thousand dollars worth of merchandise. I can only think of once or twice having an issue. And while the process to resolve the issues seemed extremely slow, the issues were nonetheless resolved. Btw, I have an auction going on right now... want to buy a rare Act of Depression Underoath album?  Grin
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »

want to buy a rare Act of Depression Underoath album?  Grin

That album suuuuuucks.  I bought it the year it came out.  I think I was 16 or 17, so it's been over a decade.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

want to buy a rare Act of Depression Underoath album?  Grin

That album suuuuuucks.  I bought it the year it came out.  I think I was 16 or 17, so it's been over a decade.

Interesting. It came out in 1999, and I first bought it in early 2000 at one of their shows in Tampa, FL. It's one of my favorite 20 albums Grin Kiss
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:48:15 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »

It's one of my favorite 20 albums Grin Kiss

"You should have thought about the baby before you had sex!"

Cries of the Past is really disjointed, but has its moments.  I enjoyed it when I didn't have such refined metal tastes. Wink

I prefer their newer material, because they're actually decent songwriters now.  Sure, it's not as "metal", but the structure of the songs actually requires some talent these days.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:26:21 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »

Hey Devin, have you tried taking your comics around to the shops in Springfield?  There are two locations of Vintage Stock (formerly Caveman Comics) and they can at least give you an idea of what they're worth and what sort of buy-back prices to expect.  Mr. Y and I frequently take our old VHS/DVD, CDs, and video games there too and they'll buy a lot of games other stores like GameStop won't (especially the "vintage" NES games).  There are some other game/comic stores, but Vintage Stock is my favorite so I don't really go to any other.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
88Devin12
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »

I'm in Kansas City atm, and so all of my childhood stuff like my comics are here. I figured I could make money selling stuff on Ebay while I'm at home, in addition to working, that way I have more money when I return to Springfield. Thanks though! Smiley
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »

I'm in Kansas City atm, and so all of my childhood stuff like my comics are here. I figured I could make money selling stuff on Ebay while I'm at home, in addition to working, that way I have more money when I return to Springfield. Thanks though! Smiley

Right, sorry.  I forget your hometown is up north. Wink  Well hey, there should be a wealth of comic shops up that way, then!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »

For anyone who lives in Southwestern PA, I have some items that I put on craigslist that might be of some interest to board members, just PM me if you're not too far from Latrobe, PA.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: