Author Topic: Resolutions of the Synod of ROCOR Concerning the Election of the P.M. in 2009  (Read 31536 times)

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
Irish Hermit, please click on the link in the first post of this address, and read. If you don't know russian:

Собора Епископов Русской Православной Церкви Заграницей 21 сентября / 4 октября 2009 г.
г. Монреаль, Канада = Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad September 21st/October 4th. City Montreal, Canada.

I see that the official website gives the headquarters of this ROCOR group, not as Montreal, but Moss Beach, California.

P. O. Box 778
Moss Beach, CA 94038
Телефон (845) 348-0277

http://www.roca-sobor.org/ru/parishes

Offline GregoryLA

• Elder
No, not me, the Moscow Patriarchate is taking care of the Catholicos of Georgia, by creating  dependencies in that area.

Sadly, the Catholicos is not true orthodox, he is monophytisist, and our Church is older than his. The monophysitists were introduced in Georgia and Armenia centuries after we settled the Church in that region.

That is not correct. The Church of Georgia was never monophysite .

Sadly this is not correct.  In 1998 His Holiness Catholicos Karekin II of the Armenians visited the Patriarch of Georgia and brought him into the ancient Armenian faith.    The Catholicos also visited Moscow in 2000 and Constantinople in 2005 and brought both these Patriarchs to an acceptance of Myaphysitism.  Scholars are still debating if the visit of the missionary-minded Armenian Catholicos to the Vatican in 2000 was succesful in bringing Pope John Paul to a Myaphysite belief.   Pope Benedict made his submission only recently, in 2008..

IPC,  I don't know if these photographs would be useful in backing up your allegations but they're convincing enough for me.

Just to clarify, this is a joke is it not, Father?

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
[Just to clarify, this is a joke is it not, Father?

Yes, for the majority of people this would be a joke but there are groups of people among such as the Greek Old Calendarists who take such events and meetings as a sign of the betrayal of Orthodoxy and a harbinger of the Antichrist.

Offline GregoryLA

• Elder

Yes, for the majority of people this would be a joke but there are groups of people among such as the Greek Old Calendarists who take such events and meetings as a sign of the betrayal of Orthodoxy and a harbinger of the Antichrist.

Completely unrelated to anything and quite tangentually- I, being in Japan, and you, being in New Zealand- I believe we're on the same time, are we not? I thought I was over my jetlag until I went to sleep last yesterday evening at 5 and woke up at 2 this morning.

I have a question though, Father. After all your years living in Serbia and now being in New Zealnd, how much of an Irish accent do you have? Also, do you speak any Erse?

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches

Completely unrelated to anything and quite tangentually- I, being in Japan, and you, being in New Zealand- I believe we're on the same time, are we not?

I think Tokyo is four hours behind us.  Right now it is 11 am Monday in New Zealand.

? Also, do you speak any Erse?

None at all, it does my head in.  :-)

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Irish Hermit, please click on the link in the first post of this address, and read. If you don't know russian:

Собора Епископов Русской Православной Церкви Заграницей 21 сентября / 4 октября 2009 г.
г. Монреаль, Канада = Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad September 21st/October 4th. City Montreal, Canada.

I see that the official website gives the headquarters of this ROCOR group, not as Montreal, but Moss Beach, California.

P. O. Box 778
Moss Beach, CA 94038
Телефон (845) 348-0277

Moss Beach?  As in Vladimir Moss? LOL.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline IPC

• Elder
Dear ialmisry ,

One of ROCOR monasteries is located in Moss Beach, California, there we have 5 miracle working icons, relics of St Seraphim of Sarov, and other holy objects, but it is not the headquarters of ROCOR.

Moss Beach is located in Northern California, and its one most expensive places in the USA.

There is an Icon of the Mother of God called "Icon of the Akhatist", which became very dark. According to a divine revelation, this happened because of the unbelief and the general impiety in the Motherland, Russia, and it will be restored when a spiritual regeneration in Russia occurs. So far, the Icon is still dark, there is no spiritual regeneration in Russia, the state propaganda of the "Resurrection of Russia" is just one of its many lies and falsehood, to allure people and control them.

The headquarters of ROCOR presided now by Ab Vladimir, are in Quebec, Canada.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:33:46 PM by IPC »
THIS USER USED THE SCREEN NAME PRAVOSLAV09 BEFORE.

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
Dear ialmisry ,

One of ROCOR monasteries is located in Moss Beach, California, there we have 5 miracle working icons, relics of St Seraphim of Sarov, and other holy objects, but it is not the headquarters of ROCOR.

Moss Beach is located in Northern California, and its one most expensive places in the USA.

Archbishop Vladimir who is the President of the Episcopal Synod of this Church has his episcopal palace in Moss Beach, California.

That is 3000 miles from Montreal.   There is not a single bishop of this small Church within thousands of miles of Montreal.

Архиепископ Сан-Францисский и Западно-Американский Владимир,
Председатель Архиерейского Синода

P. O. Box 778
Moss Beach, CA 94038
Телефон: +1 (917) 828-0476
Электронная почта: bishopvlad@gmail.com

See
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:57:44 PM by Irish Hermit »

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Dear ialmisry ,

There is an Icon of the Mother of God called "Icon of the Akhatist", which became very dark. According to a divine revelation, this happened because of the unbelief and the general impiety in the Motherland, Russia, and it will be restored when a spiritual regeneration in Russia occurs. So far, the Icon is still dark, there is no spiritual regeneration in Russia, the state propaganda of the "Resurrection of Russia" is just one of its many lies and falsehood, to allure people and control them.

When exactly did the Icon become black?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Probably about a century after the icon was painted. Olifa varnish naturally darkens with age.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline ms.hoorah

• High Elder
This site below states that Archbishop Vladimir (ROCiE) was tossed from his cathedral/diocese on the West Coast and now must live on the East Coast. (?) 

http://www.trueorthodoxy.org/schismatics_rocor_v_why_uncanonical.shtml

Offline IPC

• Elder
Dear ialmisry,

This happened in Great Lent, 1925. The dark Icon of the Mother of God "of the Akathist" was renewed by the power of God, and became as if it was a new icon in the hands of Igumenya Rufina, she held it and told everyone "look, look, a miracle is taking place, right now". Father N... was asked to serve a special service (moleben) before the renewed icon, but he as many persons, did not believe in the miracle, he couldn't believe the icon had been all dark before, and the icon became dark again in front of many. Igumenya Rufina told everyone that the icon darkened again because of the sudden emergence of unbelief in their mist, and that it will be once again renewed when a spiritual renovation happened in Russia.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:57:01 PM by IPC »

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
Dear ialmisry,

This happened in Great Lent, 1925. The dark Icon of the Mother of God "of the Akathist" was renewed by the power of God, and became as if it was a new icon in the hands of Igumenya Rufina, she held it and told everyone "look, look, a miracle is taking place, right now". Father N... was asked to serve a special service (moleben) before the renewed icon, but he as many persons, did not believe in the miracle, he couldn't believe the icon had been all dark before, and the icon became dark again in front of many. Igumenya Rufina told everyone that the icon darkened again because of the sudden emergence of unbelief in their mist, and that it will be once again renewed when a spiritual renovation happened in Russia.

The above is plagiarised from

http://www.stvladimirs.ca/library/abbess-rufina.html

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Dear ialmisry,

The above is plagiarised from

http://www.stvladimirs.ca/library/abbess-rufina.html
IPC,

Irish Hermit is correct that what you posted, if you borrowed it from another source, is indeed plagiarism.  Changing the words and sentence structures to make the work look like your own is not enough.  If the information you post is information you gleaned from another source, you must give credit to your source.

A Formal Definition of Plagiarism from http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_is_plagiarism.html:
All of the following are considered plagiarism:

* turning in someone else's work as your own
    * copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
    * failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
    * giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
    * changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
    * copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Since Irish Hermit already confronted your action and posted a link to the most likely source of your material, I don't suppose it's possible anymore to ask you for this information, unless, of course, you copied your ideas from somewhere else.  This is also quite likely the first time you may have seen this definition of plagiarism--it's the first time I have--so I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt that you may have been acting in ignorance.  However, you will no longer be able to cite ignorance as an excuse on this matter, since you are now being warned of your responsibility to credit your sources.  Whenever you copy words or ideas from another source, the admins and moderators at OC.net require you to give credit to your source--most often by posting a link to it.  Failure to comply with this directive in the future will result in steep sanctions (i.e., public warnings, post moderation, muting, or banning) for plagiarism.

If you have any questions about our plagiarism policy and/or what counts as plagiarism, please feel free to PM them at any time to me, Fr. George, Veniamin, or Fr. Chris.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:06:20 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline IPC

• Elder
Dear Peter,

This is a very notorious event of public domain, and no one has the right to copyright it and claim it as its own.

The kiprianists who publish that information on the above quoted site, do not have the right to copyright the story and post it as their own intellectual property.

I did not copy anything, I told the story as I know it, as it was told to me in real life, in the Monastery, when it was located in San Francisco, California USA.

I could also tell the story of many things happening in the Church, like the miracle working icon of Iveron of Montreal, as was told to me, and just because it appears published by someone on the net, it does not mean anything.

Don't let IH mislead and fool you. I'm well versed in copyright law, and I assure you there is no violation in my posts. So both me, and the forum are legally protected in this respect. None of my posts have legal consequences.

If anyone for some reason received any text that has copyright by e-mail, it's sufficient to say he received it via viral e-mail.

What constitutes plagiarism is when someone deliberately takes a text, and puts it under his name, and makes money with it. How can this occur in an anonymous net communication?

We're all safe here in this respect, don't worry.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:34:58 PM by IPC »

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
Poor laddie!   You can stop quaking in your boots.  :laugh:  You have not been anathematized!   Here is the Anathema and you can see that your fears are unfounded.  It mentions no condemnation of reaching out to separated brethren.  It's only about anathematizing the Branch Theory (From your words I assume that Constantinople holds this Theory or the related Lung Theory?)

Dear George, I was greatly heartened to come upon your message on "Branchism" as a heresy and to see that you hold the same position as the Russian Orthodox Church and the Russian Orthodox Church (Abroad.)

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,9862.msg133377.html#msg133377

-oOo-
The Anathema of 1983:

"Those who attack the Church of Christ by teaching that Christ's Church
is divided into so-called "branches" which differ in doctrine and way of life,
or that the Church does not exist visibly, but will be formed in the future
when all "branches" or sects or denominations, and even religions will be
 united into one body; and who do not distinguish the priesthood and
mysteries of the Church from those of the heretics, but say that the
baptism and eucharist of heretics is effectual for salvation;
therefore, to those who knowingly have communion with these
aforementioned heretics or who advocate, disseminate, or defend their
new heresy of Ecumenism under the pretext of brotherly love or the s
upposed unification of separated Christians, Anathema!"

And here on this Moscow site you may read that ther 2000 Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church issued a statement consonant with ROCA's.

Moscow's Statement 2000:

2.5. The so-called “branch theory”, which is connected with the conception
referred to above and asserts the normal and even providential nature of
Christianity existing in the form of particular “branches”, is also totally unacceptable.

http://www.mospat.ru/en/documents/attitude-to-the-non-orthodox/ii/

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Dear Peter,

This is a very notorious event of public domain, and no one has the right to copyright it and claim it as its own.

The kiprianists who publish that information on the above quoted site, do not have the right to copyright the story and post it as their own intellectual property.

I did not copy anything, I told the story as I know it, as it was told to me in real life, in the Monastery, when it was located in San Francisco, California USA.

I could also tell the story of many things happening in the Church, like the miracle working icon of Iveron of Montreal, as was told to me, and just because it appears published by someone on the net, it does not mean anything.

Don't let IH mislead and fool you. I'm well versed in copyright law, and I assure you there is no violation in my posts. So both me, and the forum are legally protected in this respect. None of my posts have legal consequences.

If anyone for some reason received any text that has copyright by e-mail, it's sufficient to say he received it via viral e-mail.

What constitutes plagiarism is when someone deliberately takes a text, and puts it under his name, and makes money with it. How can this occur in an anonymous net communication?

We're all safe here in this respect, don't worry.
Regardless of what you may think about my understanding of plagiarism, you do realize that you are arguing publicly with a moderatorial directive, something for which you have received very strict sanctions in the recent past?  So, why did you not take this up with me in a private message as I asked?  (Don't answer me here on this thread.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:53:20 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.