Author Topic: what to do while taking instructions  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Rdunbar123

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian western rite
what to do while taking instructions
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »
a few questions:

1. since I no longer agree with RC positions on infallibility and other doctrine, I have decided to not take communion in The RC church

2. my question is: I have had an hour in our Chapel of perpetual adoration of the Blessed sacrament weekly for almost 20 years.
    I use it to pray and actually have done a lot of my reading on orthodoxy while there. Is there a problem with me keeping this     up         I       have mixed feelings. what is the Orthodox opinion on the RC Eucharist?  out of decency I will give them notice so they can find a replacement. This is a hard move for me since if I quit this it cuts a strong tie, Maybe I just  answered my own question?
I would appreciate opinions especially from priests on this site.

Offline Shiranui117

• Formerly known as "Wandering Sheep"
  • PUDDI PUDDI!
Re: what to do while taking instructions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
a few questions:

1. since I no longer agree with RC positions on infallibility and other doctrine, I have decided to not take communion in The RC church

2. my question is: I have had an hour in our Chapel of perpetual adoration of the Blessed sacrament weekly for almost 20 years.
    I use it to pray and actually have done a lot of my reading on orthodoxy while there. Is there a problem with me keeping this     up         I       have mixed feelings. what is the Orthodox opinion on the RC Eucharist?  out of decency I will give them notice so they can find a replacement. This is a hard move for me since if I quit this it cuts a strong tie, Maybe I just  answered my own question?
I would appreciate opinions especially from priests on this site.
I believe you have answered your own question. Now, here's my question to you:
If you have decided not to take communion in the RC Church, then why should you adore it in the chapel?

Offline Rdunbar123

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian western rite
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
While writing my question I guess I answered it. Thanks, I will keep the hour at home. It is hard to cut ties, but necessary.

Offline katherineofdixie

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
My advice? Holy Week is coming up. Try attending as many of the services in your local Orthodox parish as you can.
"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »
IMO, from an Orthodox perspective, an Orthodox icon is of a greater mystical association with God than the Roman "Eucharist".