OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 05:37:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akathist to Jesus Christ Emmanuel  (Read 955 times) Average Rating: 0
lkritchey

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

+ The Handmaiden of God, Laura +

« on: December 15, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »

Hi everyone!  My sister and her boyfriend are coming into town for Christmas - and I was thinking about inviting them to one of our services.  I know they have some Christmas services at my family's church on the weekend - but my parish is having a short service for the Akathist to Jesus Christ on Friday.  As I've never been to one of the Akathist to Jesus Christ services, do you recommend it as a decent service for a Protestant to attend?  I've been in the Orthodox Church since mid-2007, but she hasn't come yet to visit - so I want to make sure her first visit (if she agrees to come) is something that is helpful.  Thanks!

+May the Lord be gracious to us and make His face to shine upon us, that Thy way may be known upon earth, Thy saving power among all Nations + Psalm 67
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »

Might thius be the akathist that the OP is talking about?

http://www.orthodoxchristian.info/pages/J_akathist.htm
Tags: akathist 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: