Maybe in your next post you can put pictures of little puppies being poisoned. If simple logic and facts wont work, try vapid emotional appeals I guess.
Great suggestion. Do not feed puppies raw milk. If your puppy has unfortunately consumed raw milk, induce vomiting immediately.
Here is an article describing food poisoning in dogs. Notice that it says animal manure (which is found in raw milk) and unpasteurized milk can cause food poisoning in dogs. Please reread my posts r/t teat cups falling into manure, cows rolling and wading in manure water, and the list of the 17 articles discussing individual cases of diseases and epidemics caused by unpasteurized milk.
“Food poisoning is common, as dogs are notorious scavengers and come into contact with carrion, decomposing foods, animal manure and other noxious substances (some of which are listed in DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: Common Causes of Diarrhea). Signs of poisoning begin with vomiting and pain in the abdomen; they are followed in severe cases by diarrhea (often bloody) in two to six hours. If the problem is complicated by bacterial infection, shock may develop.”
“How are the bacteria (Campylobacteriosis) spread?
The bacteria are spread by eating or drinking food or water that is contaminated by the feces of the infected or from contact with an infected pet. Improperly cooked poultry, untreated water, and unpasteurized milk are the main sources of infection.”
"Most farm animals and meat sources can carry the organism."
Awww. Poor puppy, to be abused in death to further a charade.. Makes me weepy.
You clearly have not been reading along.
The Milk you are trying to convince people is safer than Unprocessed Milk is from Cows raised in Factory Farms and fed an unnatural diet of grain and sometimes meat ( ground up downer Cows) is very very dangerous. That is why it must be boiled. The manure is full of bacteria. The Cows are never let out of very small pens, they cant even turn around. They live knee deep in manure their entire life.
These Cows are constantly ill from infection mostly in their legs and more important they get mastitis ( infection of the teat). As they get sicker and sicker, they are pumped full of Antibiotics to keep them going a bit longer. As the Cows get increasingly resistant to Antibiotics, their mastitis lasts longer and is more severe.
We have gotten to the point that Factory Cows produce so much puss from their infected teats that it discolors the Milk. Many Factory Farms now must ad an extra step in processing to try and remove all the infected Puss from the Milk... Yummy !
When the Antibiotics can't do the trick anymore and the Cow collapses for good. It is dragged out and put in the Chipper, ground up and then added back into the feed of the remaining Cows. These poor creatures don't live past two years at best. Normally, Pastured Cows will live fourteen or fifteen years.
This is the Milk Ms. Horrah thinks is fine to drink..
On the other hand, Cows that are allowed to eat a natural Diet of grass and hay in a Pasture are not living knee deep in their own waste. More important is that manure from grass fed Cows is antiseptic. Not only is it free from harmful bacteria but it actually can kill harmful bacteria if you apply it to something for that purpose. In India, it is used for cooking and as bricks for houses. Once again Manure from Grass fed Cows is antiseptic , which means it is perfectly safe if some gets into contact with the Milk.
Grass fed Cows do not get the infections Factory Cows get at anything remotely the same rate. There is no problem with Puss in the Milk. The Milk that they produce is a wonder of nature. It is one of the most healthful foods you can eat, bar none. When left unprocessed, it is remarkably resistant to contamination. That is why the rate of illness caused by Raw Milk is so low. Milk from grass fed Cows is E-coli free. Even Cows that are confined and fed crap become 80% e-coli free when they are allowed to Pasture for just 20% of the time, that is how cleansing and powerful a natural Diet is to Cows.
If Raw Milk were really dangerous, then people would be getting sick from it. Deli-meat causes more illness than Raw Milk. If you are not afraid to feed you child a baloney sandwich, then you should not be afraid to feed him Raw Milk.
The Amish would not Pasteurize their Milk if you put a gun to their heads, yet, they are one of the most robust and healthy communities in the World. Where are the vast outbreaks if Ms. Horrahs fears are correct? So bottom line, Raw Milk does not in fact cause illness at a rate above any other food you regularly eat. So why all the hysteria?
As for our poor puppy, he is in far more danger from Pasteurized Milk than he is from Natural milk. Boiled Milk has had all of it's natural composition altered. When it goes bad, left out too long for example, it goes rancid. Real Milk does not do that, it simply goes sour. If Fido drinks Rancid Pasteurized Milk, its off to the Vet you go. If he gets into soured Natural Milk, he will have a nice healthy meal.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWFhDvURLg