OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 08:05:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nutrition and Diet  (Read 58213 times) Average Rating: 0
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1215 on: August 26, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »

Here is a  video's on how to cure diabetes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUdtK6ukqY

Dr. You Tube strikes again.  Roll Eyes

Actually, all of the people on those two video's are Medical Doctors with good credentials and good reputations..  

People used to think taking their picture would steal their souls. Technology marches on. Sometimes is it better to watch a person explain his idea's rather than to just read about it.  

Lies.  I skipped through this video attentively while it was on mute and no "doctor" in the video had on a white lab coat.  I only trust doctors with white lab coats (the longer the better).  Therefore, I do not trust what this video says.  Ergo, bring on the sugar.  Some random website said the average person in the US eats approximately 150 pounds of sugar a year.  I need to catch up.  It's almost September.

Enter into the Glory of Darwin's waiting room

If he has root beer in that Double Gulp cup, I'm on board.  I'd rather not be an ape.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1216 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:12 AM »

Here is a  video's on how to cure diabetes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUdtK6ukqY

Dr. You Tube strikes again.  Roll Eyes

Actually, all of the people on those two video's are Medical Doctors with good credentials and good reputations..  

People used to think taking their picture would steal their souls. Technology marches on. Sometimes is it better to watch a person explain his idea's rather than to just read about it.  

Lies.  I skipped through this video attentively while it was on mute and no "doctor" in the video had on a white lab coat.  I only trust doctors with white lab coats (the longer the better).  Therefore, I do not trust what this video says.  Ergo, bring on the sugar.  Some random website said the average person in the US eats approximately 150 pounds of sugar a year.  I need to catch up.  It's almost September.

Enter into the Glory of Darwin's waiting room

If he has root beer in that Double Gulp cup, I'm on board.  I'd rather not be an ape.

Meet the REAL thing:

Sorry, no root beer, but probably some coke or something equally the real thing  Grin.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1217 on: August 26, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »

Yeah, dying is great. I forgot.  Embarrassed

You forgot??  Must not be eating enough ancestral greens  Grin.  Anyway, it happens to the best of us.  Dying, that is.  Sad

If I were in Florida (which hopefully will never happen--nothing personal, mind you), I'd buy you a good ancestral beer or two.

For me the issue isnt so much about dying as it is debilitation over a long stretch of time. People are not all the way well one day and then all the way sick the next. And few people simple drop dead like a sack of potato's ( pun intended) anymore. If you had a stroke not that long ago you were a dead man, now they can pull you back. In fact, there is a long list of things that used to kill us quick that they now can pull us back from. But often when they pull us back, we are permanently impaired.

The cost of taking care of someone who is losing functionality is staggering. You can spend all of you resources and maybe leave your spouse in a really tough financial spot after you have sucked all the money out of your savings and assets. Plus the burden on your family taking care of your sorry butt can tear them apart emotionally and physically. That is not even to mention how difficult it can be for you as you lose your ability to do the things you like or need to do.

The bigger issue is Morbidity ( rate of chronic debilitation) not Mortality ( rate of death) so much. The consequences for the economy are very scary if we continue on like this. As the baby boomers age and they get sicker and sicker due to horrible nutrition and some other things it can potentially break the economy.

Over 60% of both the American and British populations are now overweight or obese. This is a serious issue.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1218 on: August 26, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »

Injecting water into my belly is the solution? Huh Huh Huh

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #1219 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »

You really must stop being so serious, you know.  The solution is in the syringe.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1220 on: August 26, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »

You really must stop being so serious, you know.  The solution is in the syringe.

You are most correct.  The issue at hand is what the solvent could be.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1221 on: August 26, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »

You are most correct.  The issue at hand is what the solvent could be.

Precisely.  Now, 0.25ml of nonsense, t.i.d., as a bare minimum, in a solvent of one's choosing will keep all the nasties away.  Trust me.  I'm not a doctor.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1222 on: August 26, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »

You really must stop being so serious, you know.  The solution is in the syringe.

You are most correct.  The issue at hand is what the solvent could be.

Precisely.  Now, 0.25ml of nonsense, t.i.d., as a bare minimum, in a solvent of one's choosing will keep all the nasties away.  Trust me.  I'm not a doctor.

I can only trust you if you have a long, white lab coat.  Otherwise, nothing doing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:29:17 AM by hecma925 » Logged

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1223 on: August 26, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »

You really must stop being so serious, you know.  The solution is in the syringe.

Precisely.  Now, 0.25ml of nonsense, t.i.d., as a bare minimum, in a solvent of one's choosing will keep all the nasties away.  Trust me.  I'm not a doctor.

I can only trust you if you have a long, white lab coat.  Otherwise, nothing doing.

Trust me....I'm NOT a doctor...

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1224 on: August 26, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »

You're not one, but Dr. Bobo is!  I have a question about what he prescribed me last time...two bananas three times a day?  It's not working for my lice problem.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1225 on: August 26, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »

You're not one, but Dr. Bobo is!  I have a question about what he prescribed me last time...two bananas three times a day?  It's not working for my lice problem.

Dr. Bobo is a philologist.  Bananas only work for lice when you rub them into the affected area.  Otherwise, you're just getting extra potassium which will unbalance your electrolytes.  Trust me...I'm...well, never mind about me.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1226 on: August 26, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

What are you eating?

Little bit of everything tbh: Tacos, spaghetti, fried chicken, chorizo, fast-food. Basically whatever my parents decide to give me.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1227 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »

What are you eating?

Little bit of everything tbh: Tacos, spaghetti, fried chicken, chorizo, fast-food. Basically whatever my parents decide to give me.

Tacos??  You said.........TACOS??  Fish tacos?  Horse tacos?  Clam tacos?  This is important, JamesR....

Usually, when one is still living at home and being cooked for by one's parents, it's a good idea to graciously and thankfully accept what they provide for you.  Hopefully, though, they will be open to requests...

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1228 on: August 26, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »

What are you eating?

Tacos??  You said.........TACOS??  Fish tacos?  Horse tacos?  Clam tacos?  This is important, JamesR....

Usually, when one is still living at home and being cooked for by one's parents, it's a good idea to graciously and thankfully accept what they provide for you.  Hopefully, though, they will be open to requests...

Ground beef tacos.

My parents are pretty open about suggestions for food. I always help out by doing the dishes and occasionally attempting to cook my own unique meal for the family. I enjoy seafood very much, but my family doesn't care for it really at all.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1229 on: August 27, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »

What are you eating?

Mmmmm, good stuff.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1230 on: August 27, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

My parents are pretty open about suggestions for food. I always help out by doing the dishes and occasionally attempting to cook my own unique meal for the family. I enjoy seafood very much, but my family doesn't care for it really at all.

Do you ever get anything that's green and leafy?   Or of the cruciferous family?  (Not referring to gigantic mold here, either  Grin.)

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1231 on: August 27, 2013, 09:17:23 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Do you ever get anything that's green and leafy?   Or of the cruciferous family?  (Not referring to gigantic mold here, either  Grin.)

Greens are not food. Greens are what food eats. Wink

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1232 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Agreed!!  They're an acquired taste for those of us who would be food for others.  (Soylent Green, anyone?? Grin)

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1233 on: August 27, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Try a more dense cut of fish like swordfish if you have not already.. It does not smell up the kitchen and pretty much looks like a slab of meat on the plate. Very nutrient dense and very tasty... Cook with coconut oil in the pan. Top with lemon juice.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1234 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Try a more dense cut of fish like swordfish if you have not already.. It does not smell up the kitchen and pretty much looks like a slab of meat on the plate. Very nutrient dense and very tasty... Cook with coconut oil in the pan. Top with lemon juice.

From a reputable fishmonger, please.  Otherwise, you'll get a swordfish steak full of seaworms.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1235 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Make sure you remove the sword, first, though.  They have a tendency to get stuck between one's teeth.  Grin

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1236 on: August 27, 2013, 09:47:22 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Funny..........and sorta kinda true.

Plant food during the Paleolithic era the epoch when we evolved into our present genetic make up,  were more toxic to humans then they are now. They had to have been cooked well to be useful. Pottery is no more than 7,000 years old, so plants played a more minor role in our ancestral diet than people imagine.

Today, in our depleted condition we should certainly eat some plant food, well cooked because they still retain some protective toxins ( to be kept from being eaten). When you cook plants they still retain nutrients but you cook off enzymes. These can easily be replaced by including some fermented foods like sour kraut or kim chee in you diet.

Here is a lecture by Dr. Georgia Ede on the pros and cons of eating plants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRBFiBWQZQ

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1237 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

From a reputable fishmonger, please.  Otherwise, you'll get a swordfish steak full of seaworms.

Oh good.. What are Seaworms? .... Never mind don't tell me. It's best that I don't know

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1238 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Plant food during the Paleolithic era the epoch when we evolved into our present genetic make up,  were more toxic to humans then they are now. They had to have been cooked well to be useful. Pottery is no more than 7,000 years old, so plants played a more minor role in our ancestral diet than people imagine.

Today, in our depleted condition we should certainly eat some plant food, well cooked because they still retain some protective toxins ( to be kept from being eaten). When you cook plants they still retain nutrients but you cook off enzymes. These can easily be replaced by including some fermented foods like sour kraut or kim chee in you diet.

So, no potted plants then, huh?
Again with "doctors."  No lab coat and a woman! Roll Eyes  My take on this is to only eat horse.

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1239 on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »

I'm not a great fan of fish, and crustaceans (with the exception of prawns) are even lower on my list.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1240 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

Oh good.. What are Seaworms? .... Never mind don't tell me. It's best that I don't know
Nickname for parasites that all fish have.  Catfish and swordfish are the ones that you have to watch out for, as it's more common for them to have growing parasites..  The older the fish, the bigger the parasites; so much so that you can see them.  Cooking will kill them, but they won't taste good.  A reputable fishmonger will be able to tell you if the fish are young or old.  And not sell you garbage.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1241 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »

I'm not a great fan of fish, and crustaceans (with the exception of prawns) are even lower on my list.

So, no invite for you to the low country boil? Grin

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1242 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »

What are you eating?

Ground beef tacos.

So, no potted plants then, huh?
Again with "doctors."  No lab coat and a woman! Roll Eyes  My take on this is to only eat horse.

Horse was a staple for many populations during the Paleolithic era. Good nutrition is not for sissies.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1243 on: August 27, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »

She'd probably show up if she knew there was something Cadbury-ish available  Wink.

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1244 on: August 27, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »

Nope. Smiley I'm glad not to live in New England either, by the accounts of local friends. With clam chowder being everywhere and stuff.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1245 on: August 27, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

Glorious horse meat.  J Michael, do you see the glow of divine horsiness, feel the aura of non-sissiness, and hear the almost-audible sizzle of divinity?

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1246 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:10 AM »

Nope. Smiley I'm glad not to live in New England either, by the accounts of local friends. With clam chowder being everywhere and stuff.

I'm glad I don't live in New England either.  But clam chowder, lobster rolls, beachside clam bakes....oh, goodness.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:03:35 AM by hecma925 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1247 on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »

http://www.dietdoctor.com/

"So Coca Cola has yet another ad out in their ludicrous anti-obesity campaign that offends anyone with a brain (apparently not a concern for their marketing department)."

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1248 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »

Glorious horse meat.  J Michael, do you see the glow of divine horsiness, feel the aura of non-sissiness, and hear the almost-audible sizzle of divinity?

That looks absolutely exquisite!  Accompanied by seasonal vegetables and a good Pinot Noir....

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1249 on: August 27, 2013, 11:26:21 AM »

That looks absolutely exquisite!  Accompanied by seasonal vegetables and a good Pinot Noir....

Right on the money!  I may need to talk with my butcher.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1250 on: August 27, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »

I think TheTrisagion is fond of Rump.  I like a bit of plate and hind shank, but I must confess I am a Rump man myself.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1252 on: August 28, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »

And........no one is going to tell my wife I posted that picture...Right??

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1253 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »

I won't.  Why?  Is she like my wife where horses can not be eaten under any circumstances?

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1254 on: August 28, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »

Only if you can supply us with a nice roast or steak or two  Grin.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1255 on: August 28, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »

I won't.  Why?  Is she like my wife where horses can not be eaten under any circumstances?

Yup..Pretty much.. She rides the damn things and seems to like them very much.

I intend to try goat meat after the Dormition Fast ends tomorrow. The problem is that the only place I know to get it is at the local Muslim butcher..

Sprinkle liberally with holy water, smoke with incense, broil one hour.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1256 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »

I intend to try goat meat after the Dormition Fast ends tomorrow. The problem is that the only place I know to get it is at the local Muslim butcher..

Why is that a problem?

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1257 on: August 28, 2013, 11:58:31 AM »

Why is that a problem?

The terrorists win...haven't you heard?  This is pretty much the case, except independent butchers.  Regular/Kosher/Halal should all be able to get goat readily.  Besides incense (smoked meat Grin) how are you going to prepare it?  Goat fricaseed is good.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1258 on: August 28, 2013, 12:02:21 PM »

I won't.  Why?  Is she like my wife where horses can not be eaten under any circumstances?

Why is that a problem?

The terrorists win...haven't you heard?  This is pretty much the case, except independent butchers.  Regular/Kosher/Halal should all be able to get goat readily.  Besides incense (smoked meat Grin) how are you going to prepare it?  Goat fricaseed is good.

The terrorists win Huh Roll Eyes Shocked  Okay...silly me. Cool

Moroccan earwax goes especially well with fricasseed goat--even better than with horse.  Better than almost any other kind, as far as my experience informs me.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:02:59 PM by J Michael » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1259 on: August 28, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »

I won't.  Why?  Is she like my wife where horses can not be eaten under any circumstances?

Why is that a problem?

The terrorists win...haven't you heard?  This is pretty much the case, except independent butchers.  Regular/Kosher/Halal should all be able to get goat readily.  Besides incense (smoked meat Grin) how are you going to prepare it?  Goat fricaseed is good.

The terrorists win Huh Roll Eyes Shocked  Okay...silly me. Cool

Moroccan earwax goes especially well with fricasseed goat--even better than with horse.  Better than almost any other kind, as far as my experience informs me.

Don't disregard Tunisian earwax, my friend.  But if we go with the oenological approach of terroir it's important to match the ingredients (or the dish style) with the earwax.  So, say the goat is going to be prepared in a Jamaican-style goat curry; it's important to get Jamaican earwax to complement the dish.  Same as you wouldn't put Italian extra virgin olive oil in New England clam chowder or soy sauce in a bouillabaisse.  Any Caribbean earwax could work, but Jamaican (organic and gently fracked from virgin ears goes without saying) would be best for this example.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: