OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 10:33:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nutrition and Diet  (Read 58557 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1170 on: August 21, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »

Yes. Last A1C was over 12.

EDIT--to add, that's not an unusual number for me, that's about "normal"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:18:01 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1171 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »

Better eat the whole package, just to be safe. It's not like you can have too much fruit!  Cool

Ya ...no..Sorry...full stop

You should eat fruit very sparingly, mostly berries.. Fructose is nasty bad. Some fruits have good anti oxidants which are good, but you can get them from plants too without the big sugar hit.

Natural fruit in the days before agriculture were much smaller, very very fibrous and not nearly as sweet. We have engineered modern fruit to be soft and fluffy and very sweet..

Is no good.. Nyet !!!

I agree. Nyet to most fruit.
High blood sugar is usually correlated with high blood pressure. It does not do a body good.
Between sugar from fresh fruit or highly processed junk, I'll choose fruit.  According to the food pyramid though, I am allowed several servings of Fig Newtons.

Fig Newtons?

Have you read the list of ingredients in that junk food?

Barley is one of them. That grain gives me amnesia for some reason. Thus, I cannot eat Tiger Milk Bars or donuts, both of which contain barley. Actually, there are some alcoholics especially the Irish, and I am Irish, who suffer black outs (amnesia) whenever they drink an alcoholic drink containing barley. In several alcoholic programs helping people go sober, grains like barley and wheat are taboo.

The added sugar in those fig newtons just causes more problems.

It is best to eat the figs raw right from the fig tree. They are delicious.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1172 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

Yes. Last A1C was over 12.

EDIT--to add, that's not an unusual number for me, that's about "normal"

There are ways to beat back diabetes..but you have to want to.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1173 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »

Do I need to drink 8 glasses of water every day even if I drink other liquids? Will drinking so much water and liquids deplete the body of some minerals?

Supposedly fluid intake and the "glasses of water" stuff are separate, so that if you drink for example Orange Juice, this does not count towards your water intake. However, others have argued that the whole drinking water/hydration thing is largely a myth (outside of sports of similarly strenuous contexts). There was a study just a few years back, out of PSU I think, that found this. I don't know either way, to be honest... *shrugs*  Cool
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #1174 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:25 PM »

Supposedly fluid intake and the "glasses of water" stuff are separate, so that if you drink for example Orange Juice, this does not count towards your water intake.
That's not what my doctor said. He said that when you have the flu, drink plenty of liquids.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1175 on: August 21, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

Supposedly fluid intake and the "glasses of water" stuff are separate, so that if you drink for example Orange Juice, this does not count towards your water intake.
That's not what my doctor said. He said that when you have the flu, drink plenty of liquids.

Yes, when one is sick with the flu or feverish, fluids help prevent dehydration and the pain associated with it.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1176 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:52 PM »

See the "similarly strenuous contexts" mentioned. Also, do yourself a favor and don't take nutrition advice from doctors. Smiley
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1177 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »

... do yourself a favor and don't take nutrition advice from doctors.
Right. It is much better to rely on anonymous internet bloggers for health advice.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1178 on: August 21, 2013, 11:25:36 PM »

I pop into this thread now and then for fun. 

But the claim that barley "gives me amnesia" has to take top prize so far.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1179 on: August 21, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »

Right. It is much better to rely on anonymous internet bloggers for health advice.

I would recommend people trained in that profession; doctors generally have no more training in nutrition than philosophy students or brick layers. But it's your call...
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1180 on: August 21, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »

I would recommend people trained in that profession; doctors generally have no more training in nutrition than philosophy students or brick layers. But it's your call...
I like this idea of philosophy students giving advice on nutrition. Before anything else, we have to ask whether or not nutrition exists or is it simply a mental construct in need of deconstruction?
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1181 on: August 22, 2013, 12:28:43 AM »

Yes, when one is sick with the flu or feverish, fluids help prevent dehydration and the pain associated with it.

Well, my husband is the type of guy who goes to bed and does not eat or drink anything when he has the flu. Then he comes down with a fever and still will not eat or drink anything. He just wants to sleep it off. I have had to argue with him to try to get him to accept a thermometer in his mouth.

Finally, when I do get it into his mouth, he is surprised at how high a fever he has. Only then will he accept water, but by that time, he is one sick puppy and cannot even handle water.

When he had chemical hepatitis, he did not want to go to the hospital as the doctor had recommended. Instead I had to wake him up about every two hours to force feed him a liquid diet mostly lemon water or blended veggie soup. He complained bitterly, but when I told him that if he missed a feeding, then I would have to call the ambulance, he acquiesced. He was sick for one month. It was a very trying time.

As soon as he had some liquid in his stomach, then he would sleep like a baby free of pain, but if he refused any liquid for more than two hours, he would really groan and hug his abdomen.

However, I can tell you from experience that the blended veggie soup and the lemon water are better than the liquified cardboard that one gets in the hospital or the IV and the constant bleeping of equipment. Who can sleep there?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:31:31 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1182 on: August 22, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »

Obviously, you do not have an Irish blood in you.
My Irish relatives really struggled with alcoholism.
A couple of my great-uncles died of alcoholism.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1183 on: August 22, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »

Obviously, you do not have an Irish blood in you.
My Irish relatives really struggled with alcoholism.
A couple of my great-uncles died of alcoholism.

Try again.  I may not admit to it, but it is there.  As are other things relevant to the topic.

The humor I found was that amongst the litany of "____ is horrible for you!"s in this thread, the idea that a grain would cause amnesia fit right in.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1184 on: August 22, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »

Better eat the whole package, just to be safe. It's not like you can have too much fruit!  Cool

Ya ...no..Sorry...full stop

You should eat fruit very sparingly, mostly berries.. Fructose is nasty bad. Some fruits have good anti oxidants which are good, but you can get them from plants too without the big sugar hit.

Natural fruit in the days before agriculture were much smaller, very very fibrous and not nearly as sweet. We have engineered modern fruit to be soft and fluffy and very sweet..

Is no good.. Nyet !!!

I agree. Nyet to most fruit.
High blood sugar is usually correlated with high blood pressure. It does not do a body good.
Between sugar from fresh fruit or highly processed junk, I'll choose fruit.  According to the food pyramid though, I am allowed several servings of Fig Newtons.

Fig Newtons?

Have you read the list of ingredients in that junk food?

Barley is one of them. That grain gives me amnesia for some reason. Thus, I cannot eat Tiger Milk Bars or donuts, both of which contain barley. Actually, there are some alcoholics especially the Irish, and I am Irish, who suffer black outs (amnesia) whenever they drink an alcoholic drink containing barley. In several alcoholic programs helping people go sober, grains like barley and wheat are taboo.

The added sugar in those fig newtons just causes more problems.

It is best to eat the figs raw right from the fig tree. They are delicious.

Mark 11:12-14
Jesus hates it when figs are not in season.  There were no packages of Fig Newtons then.  Today there are.  How fresh are those "fresh" figs in the store?  But I know the package of Fig Newtons will be good to eat for years. Tongue

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1185 on: August 22, 2013, 07:15:51 AM »

I like (most) dried fruit. When the soul craves dried apricots, who will say her nay? Grin

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1186 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »

Mark 11:12-14
Jesus hates it when figs are not in season.  There were no packages of Fig Newtons then.  Today there are.  How fresh are those "fresh" figs in the store?  But I know the package of Fig Newtons will be good to eat for years. Tongue

In my yard, I have a fig tree, planted last year, that has started to grow.  One part of it has withered and dried up, while the other is green and healthy.  It always makes me think of the Gospels.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1187 on: August 22, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »

QFT!!!!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1188 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »

Do I need to drink 8 glasses of water every day even if I drink other liquids? Will drinking so much water and liquids deplete the body of some minerals?

Supposedly fluid intake and the "glasses of water" stuff are separate, so that if you drink for example Orange Juice, this does not count towards your water intake. However, others have argued that the whole drinking water/hydration thing is largely a myth (outside of sports of similarly strenuous contexts). There was a study just a few years back, out of PSU I think, that found this. I don't know either way, to be honest... *shrugs*  Cool

The whole hydration thingy can be confusing. I had to go to the emergency room two nights ago because my Mom ( age 87) got very faint. It turned out to be dehydration..  this has happened to her before.

I think age plays a role and you simply have to watch the temperature out side and your level of exertion to cue you to drink more. Also,  meds like Statins to lower cholesterol interfere with  electrolytes so even though you are drinking enough you may still have a problem.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:15:21 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1189 on: August 22, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »

There is a whole slew of Medical Doctors and Scientists who write books and give lectures on Ancestral Nutrition ( my little corner of interest)...

The revolution begins with getting a library card ( OK that's outdated. but the ability to read is key) The average person is quite capable of understanding all this information, with an eye to the credentials and credability of the source.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #1190 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »

There is a whole slew of Medical Doctors and Scientists who write books and give lectures on Ancestral Nutrition ( my little corner of interest)...

The revolution begins with getting a library card ( OK that's outdated. but the ability to read is key) The average person is quite capable of understanding all this information, with an eye to the credentials and credability of the source.

What percentage of practicing M.D.'s constitutes a "slew"?

Out of all the hours of training and instruction in medical school, how many are devoted to nutrition?  Every doctor that I know and know of who has more than a gnat's knowledge about nutrition (and that number IS growing, praise be to God!) acquired that knowledge quite some time out of medical school, and usually due to personal circumstances and/or immense pressure from patients far more knowledgeable about nutrition than them.  Students in chiropractic and naturopathic colleges generally get much more training in this than students in medical schools.

(I know I'm old and outdated, but I DO still use my library card.  And it is an actual card  Wink.)

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1191 on: August 22, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »

Who cares about "the ancestors"? What is this, the opening of '2001'? Are we supposed to be sitting around scratching the dirt and living half in, half out of the trees again?

Why is this still a standard for behavior? I wasn't under the impression that ancient people lived incredibly long, healthy lives. In history class, I was always told people would pop it at 30-40 at most, due to a heart attack, tooth infection, etc.

Even now, with our arguable food quality, many people live to be 80-100, more than twice as much as the cavemen could have even dreamed about. I'll take my chances with modern chow and science, thanks.  Lips Sealed

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1192 on: August 22, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »

Who cares about "the ancestors"? What is this, the opening of '2001'? Are we supposed to be sitting around scratching the dirt and living half in, half out of the trees again?

Why is this still a standard for behavior? I wasn't under the impression that ancient people lived incredibly long, healthy lives. In history class, I was always told people would pop it at 30-40 at most, due to a heart attack, tooth infection, etc.

Even now, with our arguable food quality, many people live to be 80-100, more than twice as much as the cavemen could have even dreamed about. I'll take my chances with modern chow and science, thanks.  Lips Sealed

C'mon, Biro......you KNOW those cavemen didn't have a national health service! Grin Grin Grin

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1193 on: August 22, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

Yeah, dying is great. I forgot.  Embarrassed

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1194 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:47 PM »

You forgot??  Must not be eating enough ancestral greens  Grin.  Anyway, it happens to the best of us.  Dying, that is.  Sad

If I were in Florida (which hopefully will never happen--nothing personal, mind you), I'd buy you a good ancestral beer or two.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:58:02 PM by J Michael » Logged

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1195 on: August 22, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »

What percentage of practicing M.D.'s constitutes a "slew"?

Out of all the hours of training and instruction in medical school, how many are devoted to nutrition?  Every doctor that I know and know of who has more than a gnat's knowledge about nutrition (and that number IS growing, praise be to God!) acquired that knowledge quite some time out of medical school, and usually due to personal circumstances and/or immense pressure from patients far more knowledgeable about nutrition than them.  Students in chiropractic and naturopathic colleges generally get much more training in this than students in medical schools.

(I know I'm old and outdated, but I DO still use my library card.  And it is an actual card  Wink.)

There is more than enough information for you to sift through to become educated. You're correct, most doctors don't know the first thing about Nutrition and are the tools of the the Pharmaceutical industry..

Here is a foundation that aims to do well structured experiments and overcome some of the horrible Science that has fueled all the nutritional misinformation that has been pushed on us by big $$$$

http://nusi.org/about-us/a-letter-from-the-founders/gary-taubes/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:36:42 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Adela
High Elder

« Reply #1196 on: August 22, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »

Supposedly fluid intake and the "glasses of water" stuff are separate, so that if you drink for example Orange Juice, this does not count towards your water intake. However, others have argued that the whole drinking water/hydration thing is largely a myth (outside of sports of similarly strenuous contexts). There was a study just a few years back, out of PSU I think, that found this. I don't know either way, to be honest... *shrugs*  Cool

The whole hydration thingy can be confusing. I had to go to the emergency room two nights ago because my Mom ( age 87) got very faint. It turned out to be dehydration..  this has happened to her before.

I think age plays a role and you simply have to watch the temperature out side and your level of exertion to cue you to drink more. Also,  meds like Statins to lower cholesterol interfere with  electrolytes so even though you are drinking enough you may still have a problem.

Older people lose their capacity to feel thirst, so it is very important to stay vigilant with elderly concerning their hydration.  In nursing, you are taught to teach elderly to measure out their daily water allotment early in the day and make sure they drink it because they may not feel thirsty even though they need some hydration.    (Though, there is such thing as water intoxication.  My elderly grandma always likes to point out how others are failing to follow doctors' orders, but how she is following the doctor's instructions perfectly.    So, when a doctor told her to drink lots of water every hour, she was drinking water continuously and ended up messing up her electrolytes so she had to be hospitalized.   This could be serious because you can die if your potassium is overly diluted. ) In nursing you are taught to calculate water input based on "if it is liquid at room temperature" it counts as liquid input.  So, jello is technically a liquid.   But, it does seem sugary drinks and caffeinated drinks interfere with hydration so maybe that is a stretch.
Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1197 on: August 24, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »

Here is a  video's on how to cure diabetes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUdtK6ukqY

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1198 on: August 24, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »

This video is the very best yet on what is driving the obesity epidemic and poor health. Only 18 minutes. Must see IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wZwdPkjeMM

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1199 on: August 24, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »

Here is a  video's on how to cure diabetes:

Dr. You Tube strikes again.  Roll Eyes

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1200 on: August 24, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »

You forgot??  Must not be eating enough ancestral greens  Grin.  Anyway, it happens to the best of us.  Dying, that is.  Sad

If I were in Florida (which hopefully will never happen--nothing personal, mind you), I'd buy you a good ancestral beer or two.

Well, thank you, sir. Smiley

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1201 on: August 25, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »

Here is a  video's on how to cure diabetes:

Dr. You Tube strikes again.  Roll Eyes

Actually, all of the people on those two video's are Medical Doctors with good credentials and good reputations..  

People used to think taking their picture would steal their souls. Technology marches on. Sometimes is it better to watch a person explain his idea's rather than to just read about it.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:12:25 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1202 on: August 25, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »

Yeah, dying is great. I forgot.  Embarrassed

You forgot??  Must not be eating enough ancestral greens  Grin.  Anyway, it happens to the best of us.  Dying, that is.  Sad

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:21:42 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1203 on: August 25, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »

Yesterday, I went to an Armenian restaurant and ordered a pint of their pickled veggies.

Oh, so good! She added water, salt, and pepper to the freshly cut produce, let it sit at room temperature for a week (or for up to three days in this summer heat), and then refrigerated the pickled veggies once they were done.

Has anyone here tried to pickle carrots, cauliflower, and cabbage?

If so, please share your results, I would like to learn the technique.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:40:08 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1204 on: August 25, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »

I've never done my own pickling, and until recently the only pickle I liked was gherkins, but I find pickled onions (even from a jar) to be incredibly moreish.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1205 on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

I find Greek olives to be irresistible.

Some of my Greek friends pickle their own olives using a brine solution.

Although the pickled cauliflower and carrots were great, they were a little too salty.
Can one use less salt, or would that cause them to perish?

I guess one could pickle onions along with the cauliflower, carrots, and cabbage. That would add an interesting flavor.

I met some Thai students who would pickle hard boiled eggs along with onions.
These pickled eggs were also delicious.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:50:10 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1206 on: August 25, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »

Why am I underweight even though I eat like three helpings of food at dinner everyday?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1207 on: August 25, 2013, 07:16:57 PM »

Why am I underweight even though I eat like three helpings of food at dinner everyday?

Don't complain about such "problems".  Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #1208 on: August 25, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »

I've just seen this film. I thought of James. And William.  Smiley
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1209 on: August 25, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »

You have a wonderful case of HOLLOW LEGS. It will pass, and then you will wish you were 17 again.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1210 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »

Everybody's metabolism is different. You are lucky if you can burn the heck out of those calories!

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1211 on: August 25, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »

1. Your young metabolism can burn it off fast

2. It isnt so much that you have three helpings as much as what foods you are eating.

What are you eating?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1212 on: August 26, 2013, 01:18:09 AM »

That was me for the longest time. Either a hungry tapeworm or an ultra fast metabolism.

It'll catch up to you when you are older.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1213 on: August 26, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »

Actually, all of the people on those two video's are Medical Doctors with good credentials and good reputations..  

People used to think taking their picture would steal their souls. Technology marches on. Sometimes is it better to watch a person explain his idea's rather than to just read about it.  

Lies.  I skipped through this video attentively while it was on mute and no "doctor" in the video had on a white lab coat.  I only trust doctors with white lab coats (the longer the better).  Therefore, I do not trust what this video says.  Ergo, bring on the sugar.  Some random website said the average person in the US eats approximately 150 pounds of sugar a year.  I need to catch up.  It's almost September.

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1214 on: August 26, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

Lies.  I skipped through this video attentively while it was on mute and no "doctor" in the video had on a white lab coat.  I only trust doctors with white lab coats (the longer the better).  Therefore, I do not trust what this video says.  Ergo, bring on the sugar.  Some random website said the average person in the US eats approximately 150 pounds of sugar a year.  I need to catch up.  It's almost September.

Enter into the Glory of Darwin's waiting room

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: