OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand Crosses  (Read 794 times) Average Rating: 0
bkovacs

Faith: Byzantine Christian

« on: December 15, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »

Where do Coptic priests get their hand crosses. I purchased a small one from the Orthodox Bookstore (Coptic), but was wondering where they get the larger ones from. Also where do you get prayer hats and the knitted crosses from. Googling didn't get me to far.

"We knew not whether we were in heaven or on earth, for surely there is no such splendor or beauty anywhere on earth." The Divine Liturgy at Hagia Sophia.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:55:44 PM »

I get things from people going to Egypt. Not always convenient of course but works out easiest.

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
hema1999
Moderated

Faith: use
Jurisdiction: no

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 12:06:19 AM »

I thought it was to do with parties and clubs too, but not for the reason ViralDucky mentioned. Door staff at clubs sometimes write an X on your hand so they know you've
================
Commercial links disabled
Our forum admin asked you twice to stop posting links to commercial websites. For your refusal to comply with this administrative directive, you are now on indefinite post moderation pending our admin's decision to ban your account. Until this decision is made, all of your posts subsequent to this warning will be rejected.

- PeterTheAleut
 This is the third time you have done this despite my messags and warnings.

You're out. Period.

+FrChris
Admin
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:09:03 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:31:05 AM »

I've seen Coptic blessing crosses on ebay. I bought a Ethiopian hand cross on ebay for about $25. It would seem that would probably be your best option on finding one without going to Egypt. On ebay now, it seems that there are only Ethiopian crosses available.
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church Holy Cross 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: