OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 01:47:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop Hilarion protects female parishioners in trousers  (Read 14188 times) Average Rating: 0
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2010, 01:47:17 AM »

This church does have unholy blasphemous pews, and nobody prostrates even during weekday services unless it is Great Lent, so low is the level of piety here in the New World. 
Please do not take offense, but could I ask as to why pews would be considered unholy and blasphemous in the Orthodox Church. Thank you kindly. 

If you really want to punish yourself go look through the Liturgy Section for the famous Pews thread. I will not provide a link because to be honest I don't want it resurrected. We have said the 40 day memorial so let it lay in peace.

If pew talk continues in this thread it will be locked. You have all been warned!

-Arimethea
Liturgy Section Moderator.

Joseph
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2010, 02:10:41 PM »

Well, just let me chime in to say that I was entirely joking about the pews and being sarcastic.  Sarcasm just doesn't come across well in text all of the time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:10:48 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

Thats the whole point- you will never know if they are a Holy Fool or an Angel in disguise sent to test us, so we should always accept them.

There was a young lady in the shortest miniskirt I've ever seen at another Serbian parish in town.  She was certainly sent to test me, but I'm pretty sure she was sent by Satan!
I have a question: If I am correct, Serbian Churches have no pews so what does a person dressed in that manner do when it's time for prostrations?
If its a Sunday, she shouldn't be prostrating anyway. If it isn't, then the onus is on you to avert your gaze (see reply 178 above).

I've never seen a picture of a Serbian church in the USA which didn't have pews.  Maybe this is common in the "old country" but not here.  I have even seen a few ROCOR parishes that have pews! (to be fair, I think that these churches were originally OCA ones).

The Serbian Orthodox Monastery Churches, don't have pews here in the U.S. St.Sava Libertyville Ill doesn't have , neither Gracanica Monastery In third lake ill...

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags: proper behavior 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: