OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 15, 2014, 11:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Met. Philip directs Parishes to disregard directives from Bishops w/out his sig  (Read 4951 times) Average Rating: 0
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

Well, a Church is not necessarily a 501c3...one can get a tax ID and a bank account without it. There are guidelines on the IRS website about that...IRS is clear that due to separation of church vs state, a Church is a Church without being 501c3. 501c3 has some perks naturally like corporate veil and all that.

OKay, I opened a can of worms greater than this thread, I apologize, back to the Ops original message.

-nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

So, are you saying a Bishop can not use Economia over these specific canons?

I think we should be careful in assuming that any uncanonical act can be justified by economia. Could a bishop use economia to get married when the canons say he can't?

the issue can only be resolved by Ecumenical Council and not by personal feelings of any bishop.

The non-Chalcedonians are so called because they don't accept the Council of Chalcedon (and the subsequent Councils). Some kind of recognition of all 7 Councils (though not necessarily all the canons thereof - Rome did not accept all canons of Chalcedon and remained in communion with the east) might be necessary for reunion to take place, but I don't believe another Ecumenical Council must be held to resolve the issue.

In the Middle East, there is a great deal of mixing, even in parishes, of EO and OO.

And Catholics too, unfortunately. In the Levant it is quite common for priests of both the EO and OO Patriarchates of Antioch to commune Catholics without any preconditions. This is also true of some of the Syrian clergy serving in Egypt under the Patriarchate of Alexandria.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: