OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 27, 2014, 11:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Church wants "concrete steps" from Vatican to make Patriarch-Pope meetin  (Read 14355 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2010, 12:09:58 PM »

But the Pope's legate had the right and authority to excommunicate the EP?  Based on what?

Orthodoc

Are you not reading what I wrote or are you really just looking for a fight? I already said that I don't believe that the Papal legate had the authority to excommunicate the EP.

Then why do you give 1054 a the date you think we Orthodox left what you identify as the Catholic Church?  Wasn't it a 'PAPAL BULL of EXCOMMUNICATION' the not so good Cardinal slapped on the Altar of Hagia Sophia?

Orthodoc

I believe that when the EP had the audacity to "excommunicate" the Pope, he effectively removed himself from the Church.

What about the audacity of the Pope to even issue a papal bull to execommunicate another Patriarch without the consent or approval of the other Patriarchates? 

Orthodoc
Considering my reading of the Father if the Pope chose to excommunicate a Patriarch there would be no audacity invovled.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »

But the Pope's legate had the right and authority to excommunicate the EP?  Based on what?

Orthodoc

Are you not reading what I wrote or are you really just looking for a fight? I already said that I don't believe that the Papal legate had the authority to excommunicate the EP.

Then why do you give 1054 a the date you think we Orthodox left what you identify as the Catholic Church?  Wasn't it a 'PAPAL BULL of EXCOMMUNICATION' the not so good Cardinal slapped on the Altar of Hagia Sophia?

Orthodoc

I believe that when the EP had the audacity to "excommunicate" the Pope, he effectively removed himself from the Church.

What about the audacity of the Pope to even issue a papal bull to execommunicate another Patriarch without the consent or approval of the other Patriarchates? 

Orthodoc
Considering my reading of the Father if the Pope chose to excommunicate a Patriarch there would be no audacity invovled.

Which is the reason you were challenged.  This is an Orthodox Catholic website so you expect to be called on the carpet when you come in and expound on false doctrine such as Papal Supremacy, and Infallibilly.  You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.  But expect to be challenged whenever you proclaim what we Orthodox Catholics believe as false doctrine.

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:43 PM »

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

LOL.  Pope St. Victor, stinging from the rebuke of "the entire Church," found out otherwise.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

LOL.  Pope St. Victor, stinging from the rebuke of "the entire Church," found out otherwise.
I didn't say that it was always prudent for a pope to excommunicate a particular person.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: