OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 07:24:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over $20B in Treasure Discovered in Centuries-Old Hindu Temple Read more: http:  (Read 349 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »

Sacks of diamonds? Check. Tens of billions worth of buried treasure? Check. Secret vaults beneath temple floors? Check. An amazing story to rival the movies? You bet ... and it's absolutely real.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/05/billions-in-treasure-discovered-in-centuries-old-hindu-temple/#ixzz1RFbihqy9

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »

Where's Geraldo Rivera when you need him?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

What to do with it?

I like this suggestion:

"Many others in the state feel the enormous stash should be used to pay for poverty alleviation.
"The wealth should be used in public interest," said V.R. Krishna Iyer, a retired Supreme Court judge. "The treasure should be handed over to a national trust and spent for the welfare of the poor."

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

It should be used to provide job training and college scholarships for Indians who are unable, otherwise, to avoid such things.  Good job training and/or a college education will do wonders to improve the state of poor Indians.  I just hope they don't do something stupid like enact some sort of welfare system, because all that will do is give the men fish, it won't teach them to fish.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »

Perhaps some of that money can be used to build a new temple:

PATNA: Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday unveiled a model of the world's largest Hindu temple with a towering height of 405 feet and a hall with a seating capacity of 20,000 people, to be built in the state.
The temple will be built at Janki Nagar near Kesaria in West Champaran district, about 125km from here. It will cost over Rs 500 crore [1 crore is 10,000,000].
The Virat Ramayan Mandir will be almost double the height of the world famous 12th century Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia, which is 215 feet high, he said.
According to him, no temple in the world has such a huge seating capacity.

He said the temple was to be named "Virat Angkor Wat Ram Mandir" but later its name was changed following objections by people in Cambodia.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: