OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 06:19:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray that justice prevails at my workplace and a change in my attitude  (Read 2180 times) Average Rating: 0
Phoenix73

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« on: December 02, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »

As problems go, in the scheme of things, this is not a major problem but will be hurting someone (manager) who does nothing else but care and put in 1000% to keep everyone happy,  but I hate injustice (yet I am too weak to stand up to it and get involved) , and  what is happening is WRONG.

Please pray for justice to prevail and sorry for making such a request, but this is a very decent person, that strives to do nothing but good, she has had a very  very very difficult life, and has always maintained a positive attitude she does not deserve this, watching this situation proves that giving an inch they take a mile saying as true, the more good she does the more dissatisfied they are and want more.

And please pray that my attitude to everything at the moment improves, not just in the above situation, but my whole life has seen the good getting a raw deal and the bad  and selfish prospering, by no means am i saying I'm good, the bitterness I have definitely extinguishes any good in me  Sad

and then i think, hey, if I was never burdened as much as i have been in my life, for every step forward, there is ten backwards, I would have one of those beautiful, giving, positive, strong care free personalities, which epitomise a good and gracious person, basically at this point I just want to crawl out of the skin I am in.

I know I need to start tomorrow with a true prayer of thanksgiving,perhaps that would put things into perspective Huh
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »

Prayers...
May The blessed lord Grant you what your Seeking...Amen
Lord Have Mercy ! Lord Hear Our Prayers...Amen Amen...

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »

Lord have mercy on my fellow New South Welshman.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Knytshade
Newly Illumined 1-1-11

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR - Midwest Diocese

Beloved Michael: my patron--I thank God for you!

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy!

May our blessed Savior protect you both!

"If you leave me free in my religion, I will be very eager to carry out your commands. But if you try to force me to change my faith, I will first surrender my head. I was born a Christian and a Christian I shall die."

--St. John the Russian to his Turkish master
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:21:32 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Mivac

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »

As problems go, in the scheme of things, this is not a major problem but will be hurting someone (manager) who does nothing else but care and put in 1000% to keep everyone happy,  but I hate injustice (yet I am too weak to stand up to it and get involved) , and  what is happening is WRONG.

Please pray for justice to prevail and sorry for making such a request, but this is a very decent person, that strives to do nothing but good, she has had a very  very very difficult life, and has always maintained a positive attitude she does not deserve this, watching this situation proves that giving an inch they take a mile saying as true, the more good she does the more dissatisfied they are and want more.

And please pray that my attitude to everything at the moment improves, not just in the above situation, but my whole life has seen the good getting a raw deal and the bad  and selfish prospering, by no means am i saying I'm good, the bitterness I have definitely extinguishes any good in me  Sad

and then i think, hey, if I was never burdened as much as i have been in my life, for every step forward, there is ten backwards, I would have one of those beautiful, giving, positive, strong care free personalities, which epitomise a good and gracious person, basically at this point I just want to crawl out of the skin I am in.

I know I need to start tomorrow with a true prayer of thanksgiving,perhaps that would put things into perspective Huh

Lord have mercy.

Just out of curiosity, maybe this is part of my old protestant background, but have you praised God for this situation?
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »

Not necessarily a Protestant attitude:  St. John Chrysostom, on his deathbead in exile, said, "Glory to God on account of everything."

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 04:46:33 AM »

Not necessarily a Protestant attitude:  St. John Chrysostom, on his deathbead in exile, said, "Glory to God on account of everything."

There's also the entire book of St. James in the Holy Bible.  Smiley

Lord, have mercy on Phoenix's friend.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Phoenix73

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:38 AM »

I want to Thank everyone for their prayers.

God Bless you all

xoxoxo
Phoenix73

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 05:44:44 AM »

I am so sorry to ask again, but please continue to pray for my friend Sofia, things are worse than ever for her, not only has the backstabbing at work escalated to almost blind hatred, (i now experienced what mob mentality is), I am not saying that she is 100% blameless, but her health is in bad shape, she has the weight of the world on her shoulders regarding her family, plus trying to please the the vultures at work she has buckled under the pressure and is making mistakes which is giving these people ammunition to make out that she is incompetent.

Please pray for her, if justice does not prevail, at this point I am doubting it, just let her be strong enough to move on.

God Bless all of you
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 06:17:35 AM »

Lord Have Mercy !Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: