OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 01:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islam - a religion of peace???  (Read 486 times) Average Rating: 0
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »

Beginning from Thread RE: Muslim kills Orthodox Priest in Russia
post #72
Quote from Nektarios:
"Have you ever read the Bible?   Devoid of context and tradition it is just as violent and primitive as the Koran.  If you rip a few verse out place, splice up Christian history and the like you'll see Christianity is no less a barbaric and primitive religion that has only become tolerable through the mitigating influence of humanism." 

Yes, as a matter of fact I have, and continue.
What context do you need to void out in the Koran to give it the "proper" context to make it a less palatable Religion? None. The fact is we don't need to splice anything from the Koran to make it "seem" like a Religion based on War-Mongering and Murder, slavery, etc.
No one here has even done that on the previous thread.
Justify your defense in terms which actually mean something. You can't compare Islam to Christianity in that sense. And you would have to only use the OT, omit all of Christ's words, and anything about turning the other cheek or loving thy neighbor, to twist it into something like that, which in essence would not be Christian at all.

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
Tags: Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: