OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 12:25:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Year and Name Day to those named in honor of St. Basil the Great  (Read 1058 times) Average Rating: 0
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« on: December 31, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »

May the New Year be Blessed for all, especially my fellow "oc.net." members;
may our Holy Orthodoxy progress even more in the new year;
and for those named in honor of Saint Basil, "Archbishop of Cesarea and Great Hierarch," Many Years!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:48:10 PM by Basil 320 » Logged

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »

Many years to our master, Bishop BASIL of the Antiochian Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America (DOWAMA).

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »

Happy new year! To celebrate, I'm going to get plastered, and find some random stranger to go home with.  Tongue

Just kidding. Real life is much duller. I'll be playing Dragon Age:Origins for a few more hours, then maybe do a bit of reading. I'll probably squeeze a forum post in here and there. The only alcohol I have left is some Irish Cream, and I don't even know if I want that. Of course, in the Dragon Age game I could always start a romance with one of my party members, or stop by the brothel and pay 40 silver to hear some funny noises and see a lady of the night in her under garments. Exciting!
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »

Happy, healthy and peaceful new year to one and all!

Best wishes to all the Basils!

I'll be spending the evening quietly at home, just like any other night.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:25:10 AM »

Happy New Year everyone!  May God keep you all safe and sound throughout the year.  May He bless you with peace, love and joy!

Lord, have mercy on us all!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »

Many years to all Basils and the derivatives !
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »

Happy New Year to everyone here. 

Here's hoping for a good 2010 and a new and improved decade. 

I was remembering last night how ten years ago there were so many worries about Y2K and all that.  But the fireworks that year were incredible (Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Thames in London, Sydney Harbour Bridge) and we made it into the next morning with things still working.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »

Just kidding. Real life is much duller. I'll be playing Dragon Age:Origins for a few more hours, then maybe do a bit of reading. I'll probably squeeze a forum post in here and there. The only alcohol I have left is some Irish Cream, and I don't even know if I want that. Of course, in the Dragon Age game I could always start a romance with one of my party members, or stop by the brothel and pay 40 silver to hear some funny noises and see a lady of the night in her under garments. Exciting!
But, dude, this is like the celebration of the greatest philosopher ever! Sad Tongue
Oh, well. I kinda did the same thing. But with other games, Dragon Age has still not "arrived".

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »

Many years to our master, Bishop BASIL of the Antiochian Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America (DOWAMA).

Seconded!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: