OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 01:35:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REVISED PORTAL AND REVISED ARTICLES PAGE  (Read 1758 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: November 13, 2002, 01:34:12 AM »

Dear in Christ,

at http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles/index.html we have added two new articles! Check it out!

at http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/portal/index.html Nik has updated the portal and there is a new book of the month!

Please check it out and tell us what you think!  No one replied to my last articles post so if you want me to keep posting articles please let me know you're reading them!

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Dan Lauffer
Athanasios

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 09:06:34 AM »

Anastasios,

"It is not meant to be used it sermons and can't be learned apart from the narrative and homiletic approach, though!"

Is this Terazi's observation or yours or your professor's?  How is this position sustained?  What is the sources reasons for holding this position?  Does he really mean   "No Old Testament text is to be used in sermons"?

Dan Lauffer
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 01:14:08 PM by anastasios » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 01:17:01 PM »

Dan,

I can see your confusion and I'm sorry, I have edited the text.  What I meant was the critical method alone is not to be used in sermons, not the Old Testament texts!

In Christ,

anastasios
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 02:55:00 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Dan Lauffer
Athanasios

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 05:25:53 PM »

I do see your point.  I can see how some information that could be gleaned from the critical method might indirectly assist.  Perhaps the two versions of the Creation story might give us a clearer understanding of the relationship between men and women and might give us a better understanding of the nature of God, for that matter.  

It is interesting to me that I have yet to hear a sermon from an Old Testament text.  Is that standard? Common?

Dan Lauffer
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 05:39:21 PM »

Both my BC priest and the folks here at St. Vladimir's regularly tie in OT themes into their sermons.

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Tags: OC.net Features 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: