Author Topic: Unable to convert  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Frank J

• Faith: Russian Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
Re: Unable to convert
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »
Hello I'm just putting in my two cents here maybe he can find a person who is Christian that is leave soon from the country and ask that person to baptize him in the name of the father ,son and holy spirit.....He would be a Christian easy and could keep it quite and not tell the family about becoming a Christian. Be he would have to be ready to give his life for Jesus Christ....

Offline Briven

• Pray for me, please! Baseball loving Old Believer.
  • High Elder
  • Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй мѧ!
    • Pustozersk
  • Faith: Old Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Belokrinitskaya Hierarchy
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
Hello I'm just putting in my two cents here maybe he can find a person who is Christian that is leave soon from the country and ask that person to baptize him in the name of the father ,son and holy spirit.....He would be a Christian easy and could keep it quite and not tell the family about becoming a Christian. Be he would have to be ready to give his life for Jesus Christ....

The baptism secretly by a layman is a decent idea. But it could be hard for him to find a Christian.

However, it would be easy to do, given that this is an emergency situation. Just a bit of running water and the correct formula is acceptable.
“God,”
The words rumbled:
“There is much suffering,
But the church is alive. "

“How long, Archpriest, are we to suffer thus?” I answered: “Until our very death, Markovna!” And she replied, with a sigh: “So be it, Petrovich, let us plod on.” - Life of Avvakum by Himself

Nastasya, Nastasya, be
patient and do not cry:
Not every happiness
Comes in the clothing of fortune.

St. Avvakum, pray for us!

St. Ambrose, pray for us!

My blog: http://pustozersk.blogspot.com

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia