OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 08:30:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Schismatics!  (Read 7309 times) Average Rating: 0
Saint Polycarp

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2003, 12:11:18 PM »

Oh no, not another "Papist" with their errant theology ready to take the Orthodox on! Smiley  Can we not talk about something more constructive for a change?  We just closed another big papal debate that went to no where.

Carpo, St Polycarp, do you agree?
the Orthodox are our brothers and sisters in Christ. We have been seperated by a series of human events which have caused a shameful scandle within the Body of Christ. I really would rather talk about things with the hope of reunification of The One Holy Catholic Church as it was established by the apostles. One side telling the other side that "it's your fault or your the schismatic etc" is foolish and dosen't help.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
If we must discuss some issues let us do it in love without "name calling" and the self rightious "I must stand for the truth and tell it like it is" attitude. The truth is God's. For all I know all of us may be wrong in some way no matter how sure we are that we are in "the one true Church".
Peace,
Polycarp

Peace
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2003, 12:48:38 PM »

Slava Isusu Christu!

The thing that really gets me about Pius XIII are the "non-clergy" who assisted at his "investiture".  Do they really think that this guy is the "real Pope of Rome", who just happens to live in the Northwest somewhere?

Out of all the vagante churches, I think this one takes the cake.

Some would say he is the real Pope and moved out of Rome to be closer to his flock  Grin
rotflmao

but he is not alone in doing this - there are several other Popes out ther amongst their flocks!  Pope Michael I, Pope peter II, . . . . clement XV . . . . pope LINUS II . . . .
http://www.cin.org/archives/cinroman/200310/0045.html

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Jimmy
Maronite

Faith: Maronite Catholic

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

Slava Isusu Christu!

The thing that really gets me about Pius XIII are the "non-clergy" who assisted at his "investiture".  Do they really think that this guy is the "real Pope of Rome", who just happens to live in the Northwest somewhere?

Out of all the vagante churches, I think this one takes the cake.

No, I would have to say Pope Michael takes the cake.  Do a search on him.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: