OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 10:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone OK in VA?  (Read 791 times) Average Rating: 0
Vicki

« on: December 09, 2003, 07:38:36 PM »

I trust everyone is OK? The news says minor damage and some cracks in houses....

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 10:43:29 PM »

Here in Virginia?

Where exactly? I live in the northwest part and felt nothing.

It's just cold here.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 11:46:50 PM »

Well, I felt the earthquake here in Maryland.  The computer chair started to vibrate.  My first thought was "What are those children DOing?"  the next was, "Is there a very large heavy truck on the street?".  Then the idea of "Oh, maybe it's an earthquake." trickled through. It lasted about 5-10 seconds here, I think.

Now it's supposed to snow and ice and schlopp again tomorrow night.  As a local radio person said several years ago on reading a 2 day forecast for snow "Abandon your cars NOW!"  Many people around here seem to forget how to drive in snow every year.  Sigh.  Well, I hope it'll be be all snow and not ice.  The kids first snowfort melted in the monsoon on Wednesday.  (N.B. building a snowfort beside the end of the driveway is an excellent idea.  They have to get building supplies from somewhere i.e. they shovel at least part of the drive.)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: