OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 02:05:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Apps  (Read 3030 times) Average Rating: 0
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« on: November 06, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

So I just picked up my Droid today and am loving the Android operating system. Anyone else out there using Android and have an app they would like to recommend?

Joseph
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »

I'm jealous. Wink

Almost went out and bought one today, but as Verizon will give me an extra $100 if I wait until December 4th, I figured I'd just hold out for a month.

But if looking for apps, PC World had their top 10 recommendations, I probably wouldn't want all of them, but a few look pretty cool:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/181630/verizons_droid_10_apps_to_get_you_started.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:07:33 PM by GiC » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »

I'm still working on getting my first cell phone... yeah, I'm a bit behind the times...  Undecided
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:57:57 AM »

I'm still working on getting my first cell phone... yeah, I'm a bit behind the times...  Undecided

I have a collegue who is a bit of a Luddite when it comes to phones, and hates using his mobile (cell) phone, so I got him this for Christmas from ThinkGeek:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/
Its a retro telephone handset which connects via bluetooth to your phone.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:00:45 AM »

I must be further behind the times.  Next month will be 4 years without having a cell phone.  With pay phones becoming like dinosaurs, I may have to get a cheap plan at some point in the future.  My dream is still the iPhone for I don't want my text messages searchable on Google.   Wink
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »

I must be further behind the times.  Next month will be 4 years without having a cell phone.  With pay phones becoming like dinosaurs, I may have to get a cheap plan at some point in the future.  My dream is still the iPhone for I don't want my text messages searchable on Google.   Wink
The whole searchable message thing that was reported a few weeks ago was not getting all the facts. When more people started looking into it and asking Google to explain it we found out that these messages were one that had been shared and were on the web for demonstration purposes.

Joseph
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »

The whole searchable message thing that was reported a few weeks ago was not getting all the facts. When more people started looking into it and asking Google to explain it we found out that these messages were one that had been shared and were on the web for demonstration purposes.

Thank You since I wasn't aware of such a controversy.  It's the same reason I haven't downloaded the Chrome Browser since Google could archive my web searches for eons.   Roll Eyes
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »

I have come across several sites that explain how easy it is to create apps for Android so I am thinking about creating some Apps over Christmas break and wanted to know what Apps you would find useful as an Orthodox Christian. So let me hear your wish list of Apps.

I want to put together a service book app that contains those services that would be most useful when out and about. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Joseph
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 03:43:57 AM »

I have a collegue who is a bit of a Luddite when it comes to phones, and hates using his mobile (cell) phone, so I got him this for Christmas from ThinkGeek:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/
Its a retro telephone handset which connects via bluetooth to your phone.

ROTFLMBO!!  Cheesy Cheesy  I could see me sportin' that around!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »

Shocked

I'm getting my first phone that I can use to check e mail, watch TV, listen to the radio etc.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »

Wow...is this a meeting of the Neo-Luddite Society? Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

Wow...is this a meeting of the Neo-Luddite Society? Wink
Well at least I have been using a cell phone for five years. It could be worse.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »

Hey, I just blogged about this, and in searching for an image to add to the blog post, came upon this thread! I downloaded a lot of Orthodox Apps over the last year and these are the 4 that I love best: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-favorite-orthodox-christian-android.html

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »

Hey, I just blogged about this, and in searching for an image to add to the blog post, came upon this thread! I downloaded a lot of Orthodox Apps over the last year and these are the 4 that I love best: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-favorite-orthodox-christian-android.html
I would now add Ancient Faith Radio to that list of Android Apps.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: