Author Topic: Vampires and werewolves are real?  (Read 68155 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Vampires and werewolves are real?
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2014, 04:12:25 AM »
There was another powerful man named Bill who lied. That man was Bill Clinton.

Well, we're not talking about Clinton, are we?

You have mentioned illuminati, masons, and fantastical creatures...  who better fits this description than William Jefferson Clinton?

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2014, 08:12:54 AM »
Most Cyanide and Happiness strips would not fit the forum, but this one is ok.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:14:05 AM by Fabio Leite »
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
Anyway,

the documentary Accross the Forest registers the *folkloric* beliefs of Romenian countryside. I've bought the DVD and if you like folktales it's worth every penny.

Avoiding judgement or analysis in order to provide an authentic insight into their beliefs, the filmmakers allow the villagers to tell their stories in full, with only the occasional use of striking hand-drawn illustrations used to support the bizarre – and often macabre – recollections. Many of the stories are legends passed down through the generations (or events that happened to a cousin of a cousin), but the true highlights are the first-hand accounts; take for instance one interviewee, an elderly woman who details an incident when her neighbour had apparently returned from the dead as a strigoi during her funeral preparations. Remembering a legend from a Moldovan boy, the woman recalls how she went on to carry out a ritual that basically involved staking the neighbour’s corpse, with the cadaver then sneering at her in response.
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2011/03/dvd-review-across-forest-tales-from.html

http://www.acrosstheforest.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Across-The-Forest-Tales-Transylvania/dp/B00411COB2

And answering the OP, no, vampires and werewolves are not part of Orthodox belief. Demons are and they may appear as anything, from an angel of light or deceased loved one to monsters or aliens.

Their main objective in doing so is to drive us away from Christ, by fear if possible or by "answering" prayers God had previously said no if necessary - and that's why we should refrain from requesting visions or insisting in things God has clearly said "no" to.

Demons will do with candies or whips, but our final damnation is always their sole aim.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:29:10 AM by Fabio Leite »
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Texas
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
Its just your imagination. (Actual demon possession is rare) ...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:43:52 AM by WPM »

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
Do they sparkle?

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »
TheTrisagion,

There is no 188th degree of masonry. Scottish Freemasonry only goes to the 33rd degree. At any rate, rank has no logical correlation to Bill Schnoebelen's personal experiences.

In his talk on Living an Orthodox worldview, Father Seraphim Rose said that there are Orthodox boys in the church of Satan in San Francisco. It should not be surprising to us that there are satanists and secret society members in Orthodoxy. The Roman Church is crawling with masons, and has been infiltrated by the Illuminati. Read "The Broken Cross," by Compton. Most wiccan's I have seen online are former Roman Catholics.
Wait, so there is only 33 degrees, but Bill claims to be a 90th degree?  Hmmm, I wondering if this could be one of those reasons for not believing him that you are looking for...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:53:07 AM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2014, 09:54:04 AM »
That statement is patently false.

There are groups that claim to be the original Illuminati but they are just simply mere wannabes. Also, if the Illuminati's so powerful, why can't it just take over the world right now? And if it wants to be secretive, why make itself known to the public through displaying Triangles and the All Seeing Eye?

Really? Where is the evidence for the claim? One thing they teach you in ethics and logic classes, is not to question people motives. Unless you can give a good argument for why Bill shouldn't be trusted, I have no reason to deny his own experiences.

It's simple really, here's a quote about Bill from the video,

Bill Schnoebelen was a Satanic and Voodoo Priest, a second degree member of the Church of Satan, a New Age Guru, an occultist, a channeler, a ninetieth degree Mason, a Knight Templar, and a member of the Illuminati. Bill shows how the conspiracy works and how it uses the Lodge and the highest echelons of power and technology from secret "black project" operations to form a world government.

Again, the Illuminati or the real one is dead. All other groups claiming to be the Illuminati are simply wannabes, kinda like Protestants today. Also, the Freemasons are just a bunch of guys that keep their ritualistic rites secretive. There doesn't seem to be anything pretty sinister about them other than the fact that they are secretive. After all, George Washington was a Freemason. I didn't see him establishing a New World Order in the Constitution.

Where is your evidence he's lying? This is unbelievable. You have not given any reason for why I should reject his own personal testimony.

I already gave it to you above.

But anyhow truth is, I'm actually the Illuminati. I was actually trying to steer you away from the truth using Bill's video but you are just so stubborn. I'm the All Seeing Eye of Providence in the Illuminati. Every Triangle and $1 note are vessels for me to exercise my omnipresence. These vessels are my instruments of sight and control. Nobody can stop me in my conquest for world domination, NOBODY. By the power of the Sacred Form of the Three Hypotenuse and their Angular Perfection, I shall succeed in my mission of Global Conquest and Slavery.

And btw, one can actually be a Mason until the 360th Degree. I know because I'm the Supreme Being that they worship. But, at the meantime, Bill, who made that video you watched would want to have a few words with you....

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:56:21 AM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Texas
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2014, 10:00:27 AM »
Do they sparkle?

PP

Champagne sparkles.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »