OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 09:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Formally Renounce Christianity  (Read 7031 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »

The Essenes were a Jewish sect, weren't they? Anyway, when are you going to quit the b.s.?

NO! The Essenes were absolutely not a Jewish sect. The Jews were from the tribe of Judah that went astray while held captive in Babylon. Their priestly scribes invented the False Law of Moses that requires animal sacrifices. The ancient Essenes had a completely different Law from Moses which was very simple, and was re-established by Yashua. The Essenes are absolutely not Jewish in any way whatsoever. Abraham, Moses, and Yashua were not Jews. Judaism was the religion of a tribe that become one of the two kingdoms in the land. Don't be duped.

That'd be a big surprise to all the Jewish people I've ever met.

Kid, knock it off, we know you're pulling our collective leg.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »

What a bunch of stupid, arrogant, and useless hippie crap. So the entire world went into apostasy except for your reconstituted (read: made up) sect, which lives on via internet websites based in Oregon? What are the odds! Roll Eyes

And why does Mary Magdalene look like La Toya Jackson?

The entire world IS in apostasy because they are not spiritual. Very few people are spiritual these days. This should be obvious. If you do not see that the world is in apostasy then you are spiritually blind. But people can be saved from any religion if they have a relationship with God, are faithful in their daily prayers, and do good deeds. Unfortunately, most religionists do nothing for their spirituality.

And i have no idea what that picture is.
amartin

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

You trust Jews? Did Abraham or Moses ever hear of the word Jew or Judaism??? No, absolutely not. Its made up by the Jews themselves. Do your research.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:03:59 PM by amartin » Logged
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, you lack the proper φρόνημα

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »

You trust Jews? Did Abraham or Moses ever hear of the word Jew or Judaism??? No, absolutely not. Its made up by the Jews themselves. Do your research.

5/10

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
amartin

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

The Essenes were a Jewish sect, weren't they? Anyway, when are you going to quit the b.s.?

NO! The Essenes were absolutely not a Jewish sect. The Jews were from the tribe of Judah that went astray while held captive in Babylon. Their priestly scribes invented the False Law of Moses that requires animal sacrifices. The ancient Essenes had a completely different Law from Moses which was very simple, and was re-established by Yashua. The Essenes are absolutely not Jewish in any way whatsoever. Abraham, Moses, and Yashua were not Jews. Judaism was the religion of a tribe that become one of the two kingdoms in the land. Don't be duped.
Do you have any peer-reviewed scholarship to back this up, or do you believe that scholars and historians are corrupt?

All you have to do is to research and think about it. The terms Jew and Judaism were invented by the Jews themselves. Abraham and Moses have never heard of the nonsense. They were not Jews.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »

Oh boy, another roving fruitloop who has a theory on why his cult and no one else are the 'true Jews.'  Roll Eyes Again, kid, give it a rest. And I thought the Yahweh ben Yahweh cult was goofy.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

Hahahahahahahahaaahaha. Thanks, I needed a laugh.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »

The "spiritual" Essenes, with their ORIGINAL MONOTHEISM, never used the internet, either...guess you better go away forever, for fear of compromising your "spiritual" status. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:18:33 PM by dzheremi » Logged

amartin

« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »

Oh boy, another roving fruitloop who has a theory on why his cult and no one else are the 'true Jews.'  Roll Eyes Again, kid, give it a rest. And I thought the Yahweh ben Yahweh cult was goofy.

What? I am not a Jew. The whole Judaism thing is b.s.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »

Quote from: amartin

Aha! (slaps forehead)

Tongue

Because that's where all truth is discovered- from angry, ignorant people on the Internet.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »

What a bunch of stupid, arrogant, and useless hippie crap. So the entire world went into apostasy except for your reconstituted (read: made up) sect, which lives on via internet websites based in Oregon? What are the odds! Roll Eyes

I was going to say, a much younger Oprah...

I think she looks like a mix between Oprah and Nicy from Reno 911, except slimmer.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

Or, more likely, these ones?
Today is the Sunday of the Myrrhbearing women and what is this

Notice the double helix descending upon the holy spirit descending upon black mary magdalene.

She also seems to be Chipmunkbearing...

+ 30 billion.  Cheesy

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »

Quote from: amartin

Aha! (slaps forehead)

Tongue

Because that's where all truth is discovered- from angry, ignorant people on the Internet.

Y-e-e-e-e-e-s!

Biro understands the internet.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:38:36 PM by dzheremi » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »

Grazie.   Cheesy

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »

This guy had to be at least related to ishaq:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1900

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Timon
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »

http://www.essene.org/Essene_Doctrine.htm#D11

This link seems to correlate somewhat with what our friend has been pushing.

We believe that the false apostle Paul, who certainly never met Yahshua and most likely never met Miriam, led an attack against early Essene Christianity, then founded a watered-down form of Christianity best termed "Paulianity". Paul threw out many of Yahshua and Miriam’s central teachings including vegetarianism, the feminine aspect of God, women's rights and the prohibition against slavery.

We believe that Paulianity evolved into the Roman Catholic Church and gave birth to all of mainstream Christianity. Thus, mainstream Christianity today, which uses a Pauline New Testament that includes more words of Paul than words of Yahshua, is as much based on the teachings of Paul as of Yahshua. We believe that the teachings of Paul are very different than the teachings of Yahshua and Miriam, and thus Paulianity is a deficient form of Christianity.

Founded by this guy.

Dig around on the site, if you like. It's kinda weird.

At least they have a really legit looking website.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »

At least they have a really legit looking website.

Lol. I really like the chart Grin:

TOPICS OF COMPARISON      ESSENES        PAUL  
Women permitted to speak in church   YES   NO
Women required to wear head covering as as sign of submission to their husbands   NO   YES
Women required to submit to the authority of their husbands as if their husbands were Jesus Christ    NO   YES
Women were created for men Men were not created for women    NO    YES
Women and men have equal rights    YES   NO
God is both Father and Mother    YES    NO
God is only Father, not Mother    NO    YES
Okay to eat meat    NO    YES
Okay to eat meat that has been sacrificed to demonic idols    NO    YES
Slavery is permitted    NO    YES
Christians can even own other Christians as slaves    NO    YES
Salvation is dependent on following the saving teachings of Jesus    YES   NO
Salvation is dependent on belief in the sacrificial death of Jesus on the Cross    NO    YES
Belief in reincarnation in the context of a cosmic school system    YES   NO
Based on this life only, you will either go to heaven (if you believe in Jesus's sacrificial death) or will burn in hell for eternity    NO    YES
Teachings based on the words of Jesus    YES   NO
Teachings based on the ideas of Paul    NO    YES
Use a New Testament with many more words of Paul than Jesus    NO    YES
Christians slaves must work extra hard if their slave master is a Christian    NO    YES
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:48:41 PM by NightOwl » Logged
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2012, 03:30:48 AM »

The entire world IS in apostasy because they are not spiritual. Very few people are spiritual these days. This should be obvious. If you do not see that the world is in apostasy then you are spiritually blind. But people can be saved from any religion if they have a relationship with God, are faithful in their daily prayers, and do good deeds. Unfortunately, most religionists do nothing for their spirituality.

And i have no idea what that picture is.

Oh great spiritual one!  Teach me thy wisdom!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »

How charitable of you  Roll Eyes
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »

Do you have any peer-reviewed scholarship to back this up, or do you believe that scholars and historians are corrupt?

All you have to do is to research and think about it. The terms Jew and Judaism were invented by the Jews themselves. Abraham and Moses have never heard of the nonsense. They were not Jews.
amartin, I might be wrong but I don't remember that Jesus/Yashua ever referred to himself as an essene. And by the way, the essenes must have come up with the name 'essenes' at some point. If the essenes were allowed to come up with a name for themselves, why not the jews?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »

Yet another creepy anti-Semite with a wack theory no one cares about.

I think I'd get more benefit out of poking myself in the eye.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2012, 03:03:33 PM »

Yet another creepy anti-Semite with a wack theory no one cares about.

I think I'd get more benefit out of poking myself in the eye.

I never move when I'm rubbing my eyes. I'm always afraid I'll hit my elbow on something, thereby jamming my finger into my eye. True story.  Grin

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
jah777
OC.net guru

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

I formally renounce the false formality and foolish hypocrisy of anonymous public renunciations
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »

I am an Essene. Its not a separate religion. Essenes are people who are set apart from the apostasy of the rest of the world and the heretical sects of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. We follow the simple religion revealed to the patriarchs.

Do you live a communal life?  One of the most striking examples of Essene piety, indeed the thing that made them "Essenes", was their strict communal life.  I would love to hear about your experiences in communal living.

The Essenes and early followers of Yashua believed in communalism. I have lived in communes. But they are generally not spiritual enough.

I would really like to read more about your experiences living a communal life.  What made them not spiritual enough for you?  Were you the only one dissatisfied with the experience?

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
amartin

« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »

I am an Essene. Its not a separate religion. Essenes are people who are set apart from the apostasy of the rest of the world and the heretical sects of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. We follow the simple religion revealed to the patriarchs.

Do you live a communal life?  One of the most striking examples of Essene piety, indeed the thing that made them "Essenes", was their strict communal life.  I would love to hear about your experiences in communal living.

The Essenes and early followers of Yashua believed in communalism. I have lived in communes. But they are generally not spiritual enough.

I would really like to read more about your experiences living a communal life.  What made them not spiritual enough for you?  Were you the only one dissatisfied with the experience?

I was literally the only one there who prayed and meditated daily. When i went off in the early mornings to the woods then they would come get me because it wasn't "community oriented" enough. They were supposedly Christian communities.

Other than Orthodox Christians, the rest of the so-called Christian world does not do anything for their spirituality. It is really pathetic.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »

I was literally the only one there who prayed and meditated daily. When i went off in the early mornings to the woods then they would come get me because it wasn't "community oriented" enough. They were supposedly Christian communities.

Other than Orthodox Christians, the rest of the so-called Christian world does not do anything for their spirituality. It is really pathetic.

Did they offer a communal alternative to private prayer and meditation in the woods? 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
amartin

« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »

I would really like to read more about your experiences living a communal life.  What made them not spiritual enough for you?  Were you the only one dissatisfied with the experience?

Did they offer a communal alternative to private prayer and meditation in the woods?  

No, like i said, they did absolutely NOTHING for their spirituality on a daily basis. This was true at all the "radically Christian" and "on fire for God" communities that i lived at. They are a complete joke. Hopefully, they will not be burned with an unrelenting flame.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:19:19 PM by amartin » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »

So these communities you were living at were Essene Communities? Also, I know you did not consider yourself Jewish, Did you consider yourself Hebrew or something else?

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
amartin

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »

So these communities you were living at were Essene Communities? Also, I know you did not consider yourself Jewish, Did you consider yourself Hebrew or something else?

They were Christian communities. And no, I am not a Hebrew.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

Okay, so your making a distinction between Christian and Essene, and between Essene and not only Judiaism but also anything Hebrew, am I understanding that correctly?

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: