OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:09:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Brother Max  (Read 1364 times) Average Rating: 0
The Caffeinator
Elder

« on: December 08, 2003, 02:51:17 PM »

Max, I've been following your thread on the faith board, and you seem to mourn "Monarchialism," and warn EOx that they may go the way of us Catholics. Yikes!  Shocked

Just wanted to remind you...Heaven is a Kingdom, not a republic. Smiley
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 08:22:02 PM »

Caffeinator: um . . . yes heaven is a kingdom and not a republic, but the kingdom of heaven is not monarchial. The kingdom of heaven is THEOCRATIC. Smiley

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 11:32:28 PM »

I read the Gospels literally, when they say the Apostles will judge the nations.  Wink
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 12:16:51 AM »

Caffeinator: Yes they will judge the nations of man. Smiley AT the comand of God.  Smiley Theocracy Grin

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 11:44:37 AM »

Then you suppose EOx and RC bishops do not operate "at the command of God?"
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »

Caff: depends upon the man.  Some people cry "Lord Lord" and are unknown to Him.

The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 03:32:39 PM »

I'm going to argue this from what I suppose to be the EOx POV...

All this time, from the early councils, until now, EOx bishops have been guarding the faith, whether hell is paved with their individual skulls or not, they have kept their faith Orthodox.

Do you not suppose that this is at the "command of God?"
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 03:52:13 PM »

All this time, from the early councils, until now, EOx bishops have been guarding the faith, whether hell is paved with their individual skulls or not, they have kept their faith Orthodox.

[nitpick]Actually, I've heard that it's paved with priest's skulls/skeletons and bishop's are the lampposts.[/nitpick] Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: