Author Topic: To Brother Max  (Read 1537 times)

Offline The Caffeinator

• Elder
To Brother Max
« on: December 08, 2003, 02:51:17 PM »
Max, I've been following your thread on the faith board, and you seem to mourn "Monarchialism," and warn EOx that they may go the way of us Catholics. Yikes!  :o

Just wanted to remind you...Heaven is a Kingdom, not a republic. :)

Offline Br. Max, OFC

• Target of choice
  • OC.net guru
  • ECCE HOMO
Re:To Brother Max
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 08:22:02 PM »
Caffeinator: um . . . yes heaven is a kingdom and not a republic, but the kingdom of heaven is not monarchial. The kingdom of heaven is THEOCRATIC. :)
"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media

Offline The Caffeinator

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 11:32:28 PM »
I read the Gospels literally, when they say the Apostles will judge the nations.  ;)

Offline Br. Max, OFC

• Target of choice
  • OC.net guru
  • ECCE HOMO
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 12:16:51 AM »
Caffeinator: Yes they will judge the nations of man. :) AT the comand of God.  :) Theocracy ;D
"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media

Offline The Caffeinator

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 11:44:37 AM »
Then you suppose EOx and RC bishops do not operate "at the command of God?"

Offline Br. Max, OFC

• Target of choice
  • OC.net guru
  • ECCE HOMO
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »
Caff: depends upon the man.  Some people cry "Lord Lord" and are unknown to Him.

Offline The Caffeinator

• Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 03:32:39 PM »
I'm going to argue this from what I suppose to be the EOx POV...

All this time, from the early councils, until now, EOx bishops have been guarding the faith, whether hell is paved with their individual skulls or not, they have kept their faith Orthodox.

Do you not suppose that this is at the "command of God?"

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 03:52:13 PM »
All this time, from the early councils, until now, EOx bishops have been guarding the faith, whether hell is paved with their individual skulls or not, they have kept their faith Orthodox.

[nitpick]Actually, I've heard that it's paved with priest's skulls/skeletons and bishop's are the lampposts.[/nitpick] ;D