OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 08:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuff Kids Say  (Read 11260 times) Average Rating: 5
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:21 PM »

I don't care I have posted it in the another one topic. It's to awesome to be hidden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJH3M8szXS4&feature=player_embedded#

This is priceless! Smiley

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

Going off the thread title, a few years back we were all over at my mom's for Christmas.  Everyone (or so we thought) was in the dining room finishing up their Christmas dinner.  You can imagine, after hearing my niece scream at the top of her lungs, how we all jumped up and ran into the the living room where the screams were coming from.  Both my nephew and niece were standing in front of the fireplace, my niece staring into the fire crying.  Before any of us could ask what happened, my nephew said, with eyes as big as silver dollars, "I didn't throw her Barbie in the fire daddy!"  Needless to say, the day didn't end well for my nephew or his behind.  Cheesy  He laughs about it now.

ROTFLOL!!!!
OMG!

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »

Going off the thread title, a few years back we were all over at my mom's for Christmas.  Everyone (or so we thought) was in the dining room finishing up their Christmas dinner.  You can imagine, after hearing my niece scream at the top of her lungs, how we all jumped up and ran into the the living room where the screams were coming from.  Both my nephew and niece were standing in front of the fireplace, my niece staring into the fire crying.  Before any of us could ask what happened, my nephew said, with eyes as big as silver dollars, "I didn't throw her Barbie in the fire daddy!"  Needless to say, the day didn't end well for my nephew or his behind.  Cheesy  He laughs about it now.

ROTFLOL!!!!
OMG!

Gabriel, I bet your nephew will be a prophet! He's off to the right start. Wink

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »

I don't care I have posted it in the another one topic. It's to awesome to be hidden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJH3M8szXS4&feature=player_embedded#

This is priceless! Smiley

Wow, today i was texted my my old abuser, I fought with my boyfriend and we might break up, and then i saw this and I forgot about it!
This made my day hahaha that is so cute!!!!!
AND
HE IS USING A TOOTHBRUSH!
I love this!

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
jayjay

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

My son (5yrs) and I were at the local supermarket, and he was staring at a couple of Asians, who were talking to each other in whatever language they were speaking, then laughing, then talking. He turned to me and said "Dad, I can't understand what they are saying, but at least they laugh in English!"
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »

My son (5yrs) and I were at the local supermarket, and he was staring at a couple of Asians, who were talking to each other in whatever language they were speaking, then laughing, then talking. He turned to me and said "Dad, I can't understand what they are saying, but at least they laugh in English!"

Great! Smiley This reminds me of a book by a Soviet writer named Lev Kassil, who was born to a Jewish family. Kassil recalled how his younger brother (Iosif or "Os'ka"), when he learned from his parents that all members of his family were Jewish, took his time to think about it and then asked, "Mom, is our cat Jewish, too?"

Love never fails.
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »

Funny. Smiley  But I don't think a cat could be Jewish.  Step on its tail, and it's just likely to pronounce the Divine Immemorial Name YHWH, which no pious Jew will utter.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:48:42 PM by Cymbyz » Logged

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »

Mr. Y and I took Cait (2.5 yrs) and Evan (7 mo) to a Springfield Cardinals baseball game last weekend.  When they did the bugle call and "Charge!" Caitlin thought they were saying her daycare friend's name so whenever they played, "Da da da DA da DA!" and she responded "GEORGE!"

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »

Two year-old singing the "Our Father"

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »

About a year or so ago, my older girl was chanting, over and over, at the top of her lungs, "PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!  PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!"  Needless to say, I was stumped until she put it in "liturgical context."  After a few more times, she said, "REJOICE IN THE LORD, O YOU RIIIIIIIGHTEOUS!!!  PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!" ("Praise befits the just.")

Around the same time, my younger girl, just learning to really talk, answered the Arabic Paschal greeting--Al Masih Qam--with "Honk, honk, honk." (Haqqan Qam.)

This year at SVS (and, wait, we have a Twitter?!), during one of the Vespers where a conducting student was leading the choir, there was about 20 seconds or so of dead air while everyone was waiting for "O, Gladsome, Light."  My younger girl looks up at me and, in full voice, yells out, "NOW whaddawe gonna do?!"

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2010, 11:52:45 PM »

About a year or so ago, my older girl was chanting, over and over, at the top of her lungs, "PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!  PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!"  Needless to say, I was stumped until she put it in "liturgical context."  After a few more times, she said, "REJOICE IN THE LORD, O YOU RIIIIIIIGHTEOUS!!!  PRAISE ME, FIIIIIISH!  THE JUUUUUUDGE!!!" ("Praise befits the just.")

Around the same time, my younger girl, just learning to really talk, answered the Arabic Paschal greeting--Al Masih Qam--with "Honk, honk, honk." (Haqqan Qam.)

This year at SVS (and, wait, we have a Twitter?!), during one of the Vespers where a conducting student was leading the choir, there was about 20 seconds or so of dead air while everyone was waiting for "O, Gladsome, Light."  My younger girl looks up at me and, in full voice, yells out, "NOW whaddawe gonna do?!"

LOL Awesome!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 07:04:35 AM »

Form a 3-year-old:

- Mummy, mummy you know what?!
- What's  the matter?
- I've said to my kitty "Christ is risen!". And you know what?!
- No, I don't know what happened.
- He answered "Indeed, He is risen, Philip".

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »

According to a post on the SVS Twitter feed a few weeks ago, at a hierarchical liturgy being celebrated by Met. Jonah in the chapel there, one of the children announced, "The bishop is beautiful!"   laugh

I had a little 4yo girl come up to me after Liturgy a while back, who pointed to my sticharion and said "I LOVE your dress, it's sooooooo pretty!"
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »

I'm visiting my sister and nieces today.  It was a little chilly this morning (at least for Southerners).  After my morning prayers my 4 year old niece took down my triptych icon (with Our Lord, the Blessed Virgin, and St John the Baptist) and was looking at it.  I asked her, "Do you know who is in those pictures?"  She shook her head "no".  I pointed, "That's Jesus, that's Jesus' mommy, and that's his cousin."  She then closed the triptych up and looked at me, "Now Jesus can be warm".

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

well, my priest's daughter is so nutty at Sunday school (she's 5).

we ask her:  "Mila, what do we do when we go to Church?"  after some thinking, she'll shout "We eat Jesus!"  this is a joke among us Sunday school teachers.

we will also be talking about St. Luke, and she'll shout:  "Oh, I know!  Luke Skywalker!"  to say she loves Star Wars is an understatement.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »

Had a low tire this weekend, while out and about with one of my grandsons, stopped to put air in the tire. Afterwards while getting back into the car, He looks at me and says, "Guess your tire was tired!"  He's 6.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »

^ lol  Tongue
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »

I have no children, but did find the following quote from a dinnertime prayer on a teacher's Facebook (yes, I add my teachers on Facebook): "And help mommy to grow big and strong like daddy..."

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Mikhael

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »

Had a low tire this weekend, while out and about with one of my grandsons, stopped to put air in the tire. Afterwards while getting back into the car, He looks at me and says, "Guess your tire was tired!"  He's 6.

LOL.  I <3 puns.
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »

After reading James (our son) the bible story of the widow and her son who shared their last bread with Elijah.
James: why did they think they were going to die?
My wife: They thought they wouldn't have any food left. But then they shared their last bread with Elijah and trusted in God and he gave them more food out of nothing. God can do anything, make anything.
J: God can make anything?
Wife:Yes.
James: Can he make a sandwich?!

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
jah777
OC.net guru

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »

My 7 yr old and 4 yr old daughters share a room, and after I get them ready for bed and turn the lights out I will stay and say prayers in their room for a while to make sure they go to sleep (and because they like it when I do this).  In any case, this past Sunday I put them to bed and turned off the lights and began the usual prayers.  They were quiet and after a few minutes passed I was sure they were asleep.  Then, all of a sudden, I hear my seven year old daughter (she just turned seven) say something.  I said, "What's wrong", and she replied, "Dad, you aren't supposed to do prostrations on Sunday!"     laugh

I explained that the evening begins the next day and at Pentecost we begin the kneeling prayers with Sunday Vespers, etc., but I thought that was really funny.  My wife just said, "She's your daughter!"   
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 11:43:27 PM »

I walked through a building as a short cut one time, a little boy looked up at me and my boyfriend at the time and said "Are you Halloween people?"

hillcityjosh

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad

CutterJosh
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 09:23:54 AM »

My 4-year old saw some show about 5 months ago called "Dino Dan." Well, he's been introducing himself to everyone as "Dino Dan" ever since. Mind you, he saw the show twice. We were reading him St Seraphim's Beatitudes and read him the portion about the child Prokhor taking the monk name Seraphim. He said that when he becomes a monk, he won't take a new name but will be "Monk Dino Dan."
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »

This is absolutely adorable video of a 4 year old little girl telling a story about a monkey named "Jack"

http://youtu.be/ZpCh_Con_Fg

Enjoy!

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2011, 06:30:28 AM »

Here are some quotes from danish children about God and Christianity Smiley

When you die, you are going to Paris
Julie - 6 years

It is God who owns the un. He turns it off at night to spare some power
Nicoline - 5 years

Gods mom is named Godmother, she is mother to to all his grandchildren: Moses, Jesus and Santa Claus
Henrik - 7 years

In Paradise they are using green leaves instead of pants
Therese - 7 years

Somebody cast stones at his grave. Then he became a jew and then there was a great uprise
Sofie - 9 years

A disciple is some sort of a donkey
Rune - 6 years

Reeza don't believe in God she believes in Allan
Kate - 6 years

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)

Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »

There are some commercials on for a heart care center at one of the local hospitals where various people say who their hearts belong to like a doctor to his patients...one day my sister(who's 4) blurted out my heart belongs to myself 

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 11:55:30 PM »

There are some commercials on for a heart care center at one of the local hospitals where various people say who their hearts belong to like a doctor to his patients...one day my sister(who's 4) blurted out my heart belongs to myself 
Like the young redheaded boy who got tired of so many people asking him where he got such red hair: "It came with my head, OK?" laugh
cs

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »

My 8-month-old can't talk yet, but ...
last night after praying, he waved good night to the icons  Cheesy
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

My 8-year-old cousin while visiting his (our) family in Poland greeted Archbishop James of Białystok and Gdańsk with the Paschal greeting in German (my cousin's family lives in Germany). Archbishop James didn't knew how to answer to him.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »

Nice story: http://silouanthompson.net/2010/06/1348/

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags: children 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: