Author Topic: What movies are you watching?  (Read 557721 times)

Offline Cyprian700

• Archangel Michael Byzantine Icon (early 14th c.)
Re: What movies are you watching?
« Reply #2835 on: May 27, 2016, 01:45:23 AM »
The Jungle Book is about the Antichrist.  As I mentioned elsewhere, the first clue is the star is an orphan.   Stories with orphans are oftentimes about the Antichrist.

RaphaCam,

I have written some on the forum about The Dark Knight / Batman.   I have also mentioned in other posts that all the top male Superhero characters who are orphans―Superman, Batman and Robin, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. are types of the Antichrist.  I have written a great deal about some of these characters on other forums and my Facebook page, but I have only posted here recently.

What is your favorite Superhero character?

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2836 on: May 27, 2016, 01:48:45 AM »
The Jungle Book is about the Antichrist.  As I mentioned elsewhere, the first clue is the star is an orphan.   Stories with orphans are oftentimes about the Antichrist.

RaphaCam,

I have written some on the forum about The Dark Knight / Batman.   I have also mentioned in other posts that all the top male Superhero characters who are orphans―Superman, Batman and Robin, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. are types of the Antichrist.  I have written a great deal about some of these characters on other forums and my Facebook page, but I have only posted here recently.

What is your favorite Superhero character?
I really liked Batman as a kid, are there any superheroes you're into?
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2837 on: May 27, 2016, 02:28:56 AM »
My only interest in superheroes is exposing and deciphering how the Illuminati makes use of these characters to captivate the impressionable young minds of unsuspecting children from an early age, in order to prepare them to accept Antichrist. 

Batman is a 'gay' character, and so are the effeminate actors who play Batman.   This is known by every player in Hollywood/Illuminati.  Everyone knows full well about George Clooney, Ben Affleck, and Val Kilmer and all the rest of the homosexuals and pedophiles.  It's not secret, just as Tom Cruise and John Travolta are no longer a secret to most people. 

There are other non-comic book superheroes we could also discuss, such as (Prince) Harry Potter, In-Diana Jones, Luke Sky-walker, James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc.   Most all of those are orphans as well, and are types of the Antichrist. 

All the James Bond actors are effeminates (to put it politely), beginning with the first, Sean Connery, through the latest, Daniel Craig.

Elijah Wood Claims Hollywood is in the Grip of Massive Pedophilia Epidemic
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/23/elijah-wood-claims-hollywood-is-in-the-grip-of-massive-pedophilia-epidemic.html

Corey Feldman: Pedophilia Is Hollywood's Biggest Problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roW238dfUUk

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2838 on: May 27, 2016, 03:00:57 AM »
How does "Hollywood has a big pedophilia problem" (which it most certainly does, I don't deny that) = "Sean Connery and Daniel Craig are gay" much less "George Clooney is a child molester?" You're skipping a few steps here.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2839 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:01 AM »
The Jungle Book is a remake of a story by Rudyard Kipling.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2840 on: May 27, 2016, 03:03:39 AM »
The Daily Beast and YouTube? Wow, that's some bleeding-edge investigation going on there. ::)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2841 on: May 27, 2016, 03:04:53 AM »

Exactly!

Dun

Dun

DUN!!!!!!11111

Bet he was even Jewish on his mother's side!
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2842 on: May 27, 2016, 03:08:08 AM »
The Daily Beast and YouTube? Wow, that's some bleeding-edge investigation going on there. ::)

No, there most definitely is a problem with child molestation in Hollywood. We have to believe the victims.

I just don't agree that it involves every individual in Hollywood and plays into Cyprian's Larry Burkett fantasy land.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:10:02 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2843 on: May 27, 2016, 03:10:43 AM »

No, there most definitely is a problem with pedophilia in Hollywood. We have to believe the victims.

I just don't agree that it involves every individual in Hollywood and plays into Cyprian's Larry Burkett fantasy land.

I don't disagree that there is a problem. I just believe that muckraking of that level obscures it, more than anything else.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2844 on: May 27, 2016, 04:55:32 AM »
If you hypocrites are aware that there is a problem with pedophilia in Hollywood, why do you all gleefully support Hollywood on this forum, scandalizing me and others?   I don't see any criticism of Hollywood and their abominable crimes here; I see assistance and aid and comfort.

Rare clip of Sean Connery man kiss to be shown
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/rare-clip-of-sean-connery-man-kiss-to-be-shown-1-3155071

Sean Connery in TV's First-Ever Gay Kissing Scene
http://www.inquisitr.com/112852/sean-connery-gay-kiss/

SEAN CONNERY GAVE TV ITS FIRST MALE-TO-MALE KISS
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/sean_connery_tv_first_male-to-male_kiss

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2845 on: May 27, 2016, 05:04:39 AM »

Secret societies have been in existence and have been coordinating sophisticated attacks internationally for centuries―long before this book by Rudyard Kipling was written in 1894.  The French Revolution was a Masonic undertaking, as was the American Revolution.  Rudyard Kipling was a Freemason.  I hope you are not operating under the assumption that false flags are merely a recent thing, and that plans to prepare the masses for acceptance of the Antichrist began only in our generation.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2846 on: May 27, 2016, 05:12:42 AM »
If you hypocrites are aware that there is a problem with pedophilia in Hollywood, why do you all gleefully support Hollywood on this forum, scandalizing me and others?   I don't see any criticism of Hollywood and their abominable crimes here; I see assistance and aid and comfort.

Rare clip of Sean Connery man kiss to be shown
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/rare-clip-of-sean-connery-man-kiss-to-be-shown-1-3155071

Sean Connery in TV's First-Ever Gay Kissing Scene
http://www.inquisitr.com/112852/sean-connery-gay-kiss/

SEAN CONNERY GAVE TV ITS FIRST MALE-TO-MALE KISS
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/sean_connery_tv_first_male-to-male_kiss

Because:

1. It's very hard to be sure exactly who molested who when and even when it is, the decision to support the specific movie behind the scenes of which it happened is still a difficult and personal one to make. If I personally (only speaking for myself) were convinced that a movie I like had child molestation going on behind the scenes, I would at least reconsider my support.

2. The stories themselves that we like don't promote child molestation.

3. Those of us who understand subtlety realize that a straight actor can play a gay character and vice versa (and that "gay" does not automatically = "child molester"). Also, a movie with a gay character who doesn't undergo conversion therapy or die of AIDS by the end isn't necessarily promoting homosexuality.

4. I personally (can't speak for everyone, obviously) don't believe homosexuality is a sin and I don't give a tinker's damn if that scandalizes you. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:18:11 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #2847 on: May 27, 2016, 05:22:42 AM »
Probably should split off a thread to accommodate Cyprian's Hollywood conspiracy theories, which I actually find quite fascinating. He's certainly put a lot of thought and creativity into it. Worth it's own thread I believe, even if I think he's going a bit off the deep in with some of it. But I suspect that there's more truth to what he's saying than we'd like to admit. Hollywood hasn't exactly been a bastion of Orthodox Christian truth and morality. That's for sure.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2848 on: May 27, 2016, 05:28:08 AM »
Probably should split off a thread to accommodate Cyprian's Hollywood conspiracy theories, which I actually find quite fascinating. He's certainly put a lot of thought and creativity into it. Worth it's own thread I believe, even if I think he's going a bit off the deep in with some of it. But I suspect that there's more truth to what he's saying than we'd like to admit. Hollywood hasn't exactly been a bastion of Orthodox Christian truth and morality. That's for sure.

Selam

I never said it was. I just dispute the idea that enjoyable and thought-provoking stories have to come from a Christian source.

• Merarches
« Reply #2849 on: May 27, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »

Selam

I just dispute the idea that enjoyable and thought-provoking stories have to come from a Christian source.

I agree with you.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2850 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »

Secret societies have been in existence and have been coordinating sophisticated attacks internationally for centuries―long before this book by Rudyard Kipling was written in 1894.  The French Revolution was a Masonic undertaking, as was the American Revolution.  Rudyard Kipling was a Freemason.  I hope you are not operating under the assumption that false flags are merely a recent thing, and that plans to prepare the masses for acceptance of the Antichrist began only in our generation.

I am done talking to you. Sorry.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #2851 on: May 27, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
Movies I've watched in the past few weeks

Syndechoe New York - Surprisingly very funny, watched it twice. Probably my favorite Charlie Kaufman movie so far.
Ex Machina - Great
Interstellar - Trash
Persona - Revisited my favorite Bergman movie
Under The Skin - Not really sure how I feel about this one, a few memorable scenes but the walking scenes felt like filler. Do we really need to watch like 5 minutes of ScarJo walking to a bus stop?
Goodfellas - Yeah it was good but overrated. Seriously, Scorcese is in the running for my most overrated director in Hollywood.
Spring Breakers - Great, James Franco played his character perfectly.
Being John Malkovich - Not as amazing as I once remembered it, but overall still a good movie.

Next in my queue: Her, Clouds of Sils Maria, World of Tomorrow
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #2852 on: May 27, 2016, 10:57:26 AM »
Cyprian, I was hoping to get your thoughts on this article. I think he's on to something:

“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #2853 on: May 27, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
"The Hunt for Red October" has the finest example of eating on camera.  Sean Connery as Captain Ramius eating his meal with gusto while discussing his plans with fellow officers is incomparable.  Perhaps it is the Illuminati influence.

I prefer Denethor in Return of the King gorging on chicken and grapes intercut with the Orcs slaughtering his men as Pippin sings that haunting song. Clearly symbolic of the Great Tribulation.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has (Eli Wallach) Tuco eating in front of (Lee Van Clef) Angle Eyes while in a Union prison.
Looks like slop and made my mouth water...truly disgusting while being enjoyable.

Did you ever see They Call Me Trinity?  There's the plate of beans scene in the beginning that's great.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZH57odl_k
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:06:01 AM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2854 on: May 27, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »
My only interest in superheroes is exposing and deciphering how the Illuminati makes use of these characters to captivate the impressionable young minds of unsuspecting children from an early age, in order to prepare them to accept Antichrist. 

Batman is a 'gay' character, and so are the effeminate actors who play Batman.   This is known by every player in Hollywood/Illuminati.  Everyone knows full well about George Clooney, Ben Affleck, and Val Kilmer and all the rest of the homosexuals and pedophiles.  It's not secret, just as Tom Cruise and John Travolta are no longer a secret to most people. 

There are other non-comic book superheroes we could also discuss, such as (Prince) Harry Potter, In-Diana Jones, Luke Sky-walker, James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc.   Most all of those are orphans as well, and are types of the Antichrist. 

All the James Bond actors are effeminates (to put it politely), beginning with the first, Sean Connery, through the latest, Daniel Craig.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/23/elijah-wood-claims-hollywood-is-in-the-grip-of-massive-pedophilia-epidemic.html

As many of you guys are all super theologians, clearly I am not. So I proceed with boldness, pride as well as stupidity:
One could find that all of what you post is AntiChrist.
Obsessions with things of this world that draws one away from Him.........well by definition it is so, no?
IOW, get back to what is Real, not lights & shadows on a screen.

MWAHAHAHA: now I am off to see the Apocalypse (see? even their marketing....)
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2855 on: May 27, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »

Why "In-Diana", though?
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2856 on: May 27, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »

Why "In-Diana", though?

Everything has to do with the British royal family, didn't you get the memo?

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #2857 on: May 27, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »

Why "In-Diana", though?

Sounds like Cyprian has been watching a lot of porn.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2858 on: May 27, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »

Why "In-Diana", though?

Everything has to do with the British royal family, didn't you get the memo?
Doubtlessly, but it got me curious.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #2859 on: May 27, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
Hey fellas,

Some nice and cool guy in a gotee dressed all in black and red gave me the latest twist records and tickets to the new cool Hollywood movie, should I  do it? It seems fun.

Yours in the Canons, the council's, and the true Faith,

William "Barsanouphiaus" T.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:58:26 PM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2860 on: May 28, 2016, 05:29:17 AM »

Why "In-Diana", though?

Diana the Greek Goddess.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2861 on: May 28, 2016, 05:30:04 AM »
Movies I've watched in the past few weeks

Syndechoe New York - Surprisingly very funny, watched it twice. Probably my favorite Charlie Kaufman movie so far.
Ex Machina - Great
Interstellar - Trash
Persona - Revisited my favorite Bergman movie
Under The Skin - Not really sure how I feel about this one, a few memorable scenes but the walking scenes felt like filler. Do we really need to watch like 5 minutes of ScarJo walking to a bus stop?
Goodfellas - Yeah it was good but overrated. Seriously, Scorcese is in the running for my most overrated director in Hollywood.
Spring Breakers - Great, James Franco played his character perfectly.
Being John Malkovich - Not as amazing as I once remembered it, but overall still a good movie.

Next in my queue: Her, Clouds of Sils Maria, World of Tomorrow

What was wrong with Interstellar? I mean, I could have done without a lot of the obscurantism towards the end, but that's just what you have to put up with in a Nolan movie (other than Batman, of course).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:46:16 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2862 on: May 28, 2016, 05:43:04 AM »
Finally saw Pacific Rim. The main story was kind-of-generic anime-ish fun that also did a reasonable job of making sympathetic characters (it was nice that Rinko Kikuchi's character was not quite the Mary Sue I thought she would be). The creature designs looked about the same as any of the other attempts at Western Kaiju- save for the glowing innards and the backstory which were kind of cool. And the robots were a reasonable live-action "realistic" take on Gundam-style giant mecha. It was also nice that it wasn't just another "America saves the world" story (well, for the most part).

The only part I didn't like was Charlie Day's little side episode (though the interactions between him and Burn Gorman were alright). He wasn't enough of a fleshed out character to make me want to spend so much time with him and Ron Perlman felt pretty wasted, like Del Toro just shoehorned in a part for him because of their past work together. Though, the whole "Kaiju-based Eastern medicine" angle was kind of creative.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:48:56 AM by Volnutt »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #2863 on: May 28, 2016, 06:31:03 AM »
Finally saw Pacific Rim. The main story was kind-of-generic anime-ish fun that also did a reasonable job of making sympathetic characters (it was nice that Rinko Kikuchi's character was not quite the Mary Sue I thought she would be). The creature designs looked about the same as any of the other attempts at Western Kaiju- save for the glowing innards and the backstory which were kind of cool. And the robots were a reasonable live-action "realistic" take on Gundam-style giant mecha. It was also nice that it wasn't just another "America saves the world" story (well, for the most part).

The only part I didn't like was Charlie Day's little side episode (though the interactions between him and Burn Gorman were alright). He wasn't enough of a fleshed out character to make me want to spend so much time with him and Ron Perlman felt pretty wasted, like Del Toro just shoehorned in a part for him because of their past work together. Though, the whole "Kaiju-based Eastern medicine" angle was kind of creative.

I fell asleep during that movie.  The robot fight scene was pretty cool.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2864 on: May 28, 2016, 06:33:35 AM »
Hey fellas,

Some nice and cool guy in a gotee dressed all in black and red gave me the latest twist records and tickets to the new cool Hollywood movie, should I  do it? It seems fun.

Illuminati dance that will take you to hell.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2865 on: May 28, 2016, 07:30:45 AM »
Hey fellas,

Oh, get with the times.

Offline nikolaj

• Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate
« Reply #2866 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »

Selam

I never said it was. I just dispute the idea that enjoyable and thought-provoking stories have to come from a Christian source.

As long as the story doesn't glorify the fallen state.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
  • GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
    • The Orthodox Church in Japan (belongs to church)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: J A P A N
« Reply #2867 on: May 28, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
I am  watching New Cinema Paradiso.
Best movie ever and watching it hundred times
主や、爾の民を救い、爾の業に福を降し、吾が國に幸いを與へ、爾の十字架にて爾の住所を守り給え -TROPARION OF HOLY CROSS-

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2868 on: May 28, 2016, 01:10:37 PM »
Hey fellas,

Oh, get with the times.

Yes, get with the times; you're a bit late or what's old is new again, so it doesn't matter

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2869 on: May 28, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
Not all hip-wiggling will send you... actually, it probably will. :P

Right now watching A Knight's Tale. The young one, who hadn't seen it before, is having the time of his life. ;D

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #2870 on: May 28, 2016, 05:26:05 PM »
Hey fellas,

Oh, get with the times.

I thought that link was going to be about twerking.

Offline byhisgrace

• AOCB
  • Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #2871 on: May 28, 2016, 11:20:16 PM »
I liked Goosebumps. My friends told me that Jack Black's acting was bad, but I didn't think it was bad.
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2872 on: May 29, 2016, 08:36:28 AM »

I agree.  Daniel Craig is gay.  Please tell Rachel Weisz that I am not gay at all.  That unfortunate, hopelessly beautiful woman is another victim of the Illuminati.  I would like to liberate her from their clutches.  My clutches are better.
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2873 on: June 03, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
Finally watching The Blair Witch Project.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2874 on: June 03, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »

The mockumentary that promoted it was head and shoulders better. Few movies have disappointed me so much.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2875 on: June 03, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »

The mockumentary that promoted it was head and shoulders better. Few movies have disappointed me so much.
I'm actually watching the original mockumentary, I think I mistranslated the name. It's really good.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2876 on: June 03, 2016, 07:36:52 PM »

I'm actually watching the original mockumentary, I think I mistranslated the name. It's really good.

It's brilliant. The movie just didn't scare me like I expected. And I still can't forgive it for starting the whole found-footage crap trend.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2877 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:57 PM »
Saw X-Men Apocalypse and strongly recommend it if you enjoy entertainment.
Good MOVIE, great for popcorn & escape. First 5 minutes, epic.
Dialogue was ....well I think it's PG 13, but really enjoyable flick.
Don't look for "meaning", just enjoy.

Also saw The Lobster.
It must be a great movie because it is as stupid as can be AFAICS.
Alienation, man's inhumanity, if you thrive on depression, it is the usual liberal crap x 10.
Billed as a "black comedy"....I've met few sicker than me and have laughed at things that most folks gag-reflex is actualized, and this movie made me almost-smile twice. I found my observation interesting  (oddly enough, eh?) that ALL the dialogue (except two sentences) involved physicality, that which the body may see or touch. "My best characteristic is I have a nice smile" or My main characteristic is that I have a limp".  The sex is as usual in such movies: either impersonal or not allowed per physical punishment.
 They should stay away in droves from this movie (with thanks to the Great Philosopher, Yogi Berra)

God is The Creator of All Free Beings

• Merarches
« Reply #2878 on: June 04, 2016, 03:52:32 AM »

It's brilliant. The movie just didn't scare me like I expected. And I still can't forgive it for starting the whole found-footage crap trend.

I saw it in the theater. I was captivated until halfway through my idiot friend turns to me and says, "You know this all fake, right?" Thanks a lot.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #2879 on: June 04, 2016, 03:58:04 AM »
Also saw The Lobster.

I keep seeing the previews on Youtube.  I won't be watching it.