Author Topic: What movies are you watching?  (Read 534486 times)

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
Re: What movies are you watching?
« Reply #2790 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »
Watched Contact with my children last night. It was worse than I remembered.

Selam

I remember seeing it twice in theaters. I wish i could go back in time and stop myself.

I know, right? LOL.

Selam

What is so bad about it?  It is on my "maybe" list for Netflix and am wondering if I should spare myself some misery.

It's hokey. They took an intriguing subject matter and turned it into a cheesy film full of straw man caricatures and plastic character development. Pretty lame movie.

Selam

And the insertion of Clinton into certain scenes of the film were just totally unnecessary.

lol. That was awful indeed.

And Rob Lowe playing the evil fundamentalist knock off of Ralph Reed. Just so over the top.

Selam

Ok, sounds pretty bad.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2791 on: April 19, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »
Saw "Zootopia." Liked it.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #2792 on: April 19, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
Saw "Zootopia." Liked it.

I just took my cousin and friends kid to see it...we all liked it.  They were.boys age 5 and 10.   It was definitely one of the more enjoyable cgi kid films I've seen, though not in the top 5.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:58:33 AM by William T »

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • St. John Maximovitch, pray for me!
« Reply #2793 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »
Tarovsky. Solaris, Stalker, Andrei Rublev.

Oh and I watched the Sodebergh Solaris as well, I liked it a lot didn't blow my mind like Tarovsky's version.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline nikolaj

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate
« Reply #2794 on: May 04, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
Can anyone recommend something please. It has been 2 months, I really want to watch something good.
Since the lent finished I came across this one witch was OK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtC08tWxqA

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #2795 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »
Can anyone recommend something please. It has been 2 months, I really want to watch something good.
Since the lent finished I came across this one witch was OK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtC08tWxqA

That's a good one! Sophie Scholl was a true hero.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2796 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
I just found out, all in the span of 5 minutes, that 1) Marvel has officially committed to a Black Widow film, and 2) a new Center Stage sequel is due to hit the small screen in June. On top of the comics loot mentioned elsewhere, the day couldn't get much better than this. ;D
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2797 on: May 07, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
Got "Norm of the North" from Redbox. I expect it to be good.

Offline Cyprian700

• Archangel Michael Byzantine Icon (early 14th c.)
« Reply #2798 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
St. Cyril of Jerusalem (+386)

(Catechetical Lectures 19.6)

Now the pomp of the devil is the madness of theaters and horse-races, and hunting, and all such vanity: from which that holy man praying to be delivered says unto God, Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity. Be not interested in the madness of the theatre, where thou wilt behold the wanton gestures of the players, carried on with mockeries and all unseemliness, and the frantic dancing of effeminate men.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2799 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
St. Cyril of Jerusalem (+386)

(Catechetical Lectures 19.6)

Now the pomp of the devil is the madness of theaters and horse-races, and hunting, and all such vanity: from which that holy man praying to be delivered says unto God, Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity. Be not interested in the madness of the theatre, where thou wilt behold the wanton gestures of the players, carried on with mockeries and all unseemliness, and the frantic dancing of effeminate men.

What movies are you watching?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2800 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »
I take it you aren't a Star Wars fan?
God bless!

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2801 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »

Luke Skywalker is the gay Antichrist (no idea what what this makes Rey or Leia- double Whores of Babylon?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:11:06 PM by Volnutt »
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #2802 on: May 10, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »

Luke Skywalker is the gay Antichrist (no idea what what this makes Rey or Leia- double Whores of Babylon?)

Remember that schwartz fight in.spaceballs?  That's all I can think about now.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #2803 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »
I just found out, all in the span of 5 minutes, that 1) Marvel has officially committed to a Black Widow film, and 2) a new Center Stage sequel is due to hit the small screen in June. On top of the comics loot mentioned elsewhere, the day couldn't get much better than this. ;D

Hopefully wonder woman gets her movie out first.  I'm glad marvel could take a character like Black Widow and feature her in a movie, but I'd really like wonder woman to be the first major superhero release featuring a woman as the lead.  Elektra was horrible, it's still interesting to think though that with black widow and wonder woman coming out the major female leads would be one Russian and two Greeks, and I think two of those gals may be Orthodox.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:31:54 PM by William T »

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2804 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »

Remember that schwartz fight in.spaceballs?  That's all I can think about now.

LOL

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #2805 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
As Above, So Below. Great premise, should have been so much better. As it is, pretty crap.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Since I became a Christian and I came to learn of and recognize the demonic evil that is woven into every Hollywood production, I prefer to say that I analyze, decipher and expose what is hidden in Hollywood movies, rather than merely "watching" them.

Here is a very brief example of how I decipher and expose the schemes of the Illuminati-Masonic cabal, which are purposefully embedded in every Hollywood production:

The grooming and scripted rise of Vladimir Putin by the Illuminati to be their choice as president of the RF, was revealed many years in advance in countless Hollywood productions. 

There are many examples: The Hunt For Red October novel (1984) and film adaption (1990) are notable and obvious.  The Hunt For Red October is also about the staged Kursk disaster psy-op as well, only months into Putin's presidency.

The Hunt For Red October film was released March 2, 1990, on Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  The 1984 novel and 1990 film features "political officer" (замполит) Putin.

The plot of The Hunt For Red October was deliberately oriented to mirror events that took place with the MS Achille Lauro. 

MS Achille Lauro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Achille_Lauro

The Red October is hijacked, and the staged Achille Lauro hijacking was scripted to occur on 7 October 1985, Comrade Putin's birthday.

The MS Achille Lauro suffered famous collisions and fires just like Red October does in the novel/film, and the Achille Lauro caught fire and ultimately sank in 1994, just as they say happened with the Kursk submarine disaster.

Putin's birthday of October 7 correlates to 007 (double-o-seven) James Bond, since the word October has two (double) o's in it, and this is why Sean Connery (007) stars in the film The Hunt For Red October (1990), and The Russia House (1990), which is also all about Putin. 

Michelle Pfeiffer, Connery's much younger love interest in the film, represents Alina Kabaeva, the purported young gymnast lover of Putin.

That is why Connery is romantically paired with the much younger Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment (1999) which is also all about Putin, among other things, like 9/11.  Actress Catherine (Katya) is a cat-burglar who does gymnastics in the film, not unlike actress Pfeiffer, who plays the cat burglar Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992).

Why is the much older Sean Connery paired with these much younger beauties Katya (Catherine) Zeta-Jones and Pfeiffer (Katya in The Russia House) who are cat burglars and do gymnastics?  Because Connery represents Putin and his purported much younger gymnast lover Alina is represented by these actresses.

Michelle Pfeiffer's character in The Russia House (1990) is "cat" Katya (i.e. Putin's daughter is named Katya), but at one point in the film she calls herself Alina―the name of Putin's reputed lover.

Much more could be said...

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »
9. Again, after a long time without getting the DVD out. I still love it just the same.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2016, 07:59:12 PM »
9. Again, after a long time without getting the DVD out. I still love it just the same.

Hear! Hear!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #2809 on: May 14, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »
"The Hunt for Red October" has the finest example of eating on camera.  Sean Connery as Captain Ramius eating his meal with gusto while discussing his plans with fellow officers is incomparable.  Perhaps it is the Illuminati influence. 
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2810 on: May 14, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
"The Hunt for Red October" has the finest example of eating on camera.  Sean Connery as Captain Ramius eating his meal with gusto while discussing his plans with fellow officers is incomparable.  Perhaps it is the Illuminati influence.

I prefer Denethor in Return of the King gorging on chicken and grapes intercut with the Orcs slaughtering his men as Pippin sings that haunting song. Clearly symbolic of the Great Tribulation.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #2811 on: May 14, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »

I prefer Denethor in Return of the King gorging on chicken and grapes intercut with the Orcs slaughtering his men as Pippin sings that haunting song. Clearly symbolic of the Great Tribulation.

I thought he was eating cherry tomatoes, maybe that's why I missed the symbolism.

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2812 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
Some might want to take note of the fact that actor Peter Firth, who plays political officer Putin in The Hunt For Red October, is short like Putin, perhaps only an inch or two taller, has blond thinning hair like Putin, and was also born in October like Putin, only a year difference in age.   

Vladimir Putin born 7 October 1952
Peter Firth born 27 October 1953

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2813 on: May 14, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
Do tell us about the link between Tsar Vlad and Mary Badham. Surely, sharing the exact same birthdate would make for something much more substantial than with someone born a year and a few days later.

#popcorn.

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2814 on: May 14, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Some might want to take note of the fact that actor Peter Firth, who plays political officer Putin in The Hunt For Red October, is short like Putin, perhaps only an inch or two taller, has blond thinning hair like Putin, and was also born in October like Putin, only a year difference in age.   

Vladimir Putin born 7 October 1952
Peter Firth born 27 October 1953

Lucky for Satan there was an actor who happened to fit those characteristics. Or do you believe that the Illuminati has science fiction genetic engineering capabilities, too?

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2815 on: May 14, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has (Eli Wallach) Tuco eating in front of (Lee Van Clef) Angle Eyes while in a Union prison.
Looks like slop and made my mouth water...truly disgusting while being enjoyable.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2817 on: May 23, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
Lucky for Satan there was an actor who happened to fit those characteristics. Or do you believe that the Illuminati has science fiction genetic engineering capabilities, too?

There are thousands of actors for the Illuminati to choose from.  They are always very specific about who they choose for every role, which is easily proven.  It was not a coincidence that they chose an actor of similar age and body characteristics as Vladimir Putin, to play a character in the film who is a political officer named Ivan Putin.  I suppose that it was also just a coincidence that the film The Hunt For Red October was released on March 2, 1990, President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  I suppose it is also just a coincidence that Putin is born in October, and the film is the "hunt" for a new Soviet President Putin, Mr. 'Red October'.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Release Dates
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ql_dt_2

Mikhail Gorbachev
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #2818 on: May 23, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »

What the verdict? I always loved X-men since I was a child, so a X-Men movie always peaks my interest

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2819 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:51 PM »
Yes, I believe the Illuminati engineered HRH Prince Harry ("Hairy") Wales to have red hair, because the twin of Jacob, Esau, was said to come out red and hairy, and the prophet King David is also said to be red or ruddy.  It is the same word for red to describe Esau and David in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin copies.  HRH Harry is Prince of Wales, and his supposed virgin mother Diana Princess of Wales, because St. David is the patron of Wales and the flag of Wales features a great red dragon :

King David was the eighth.   

Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.  And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (1 Samuel 16)

The Illuminati are preparing Prince Henry Albert Charles David to be anointed king.  Prince Henry is King Henry the Eighth I AM, I AM, just as David was the eighth, and the beast of the Apocalypse is the eighth king:

And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Revelation 17:10-11)

Prince Harry (Potter) is "Henry the Eighth, I AM I AM."

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The I AM of Harry's Invictus Games is yellow for the sun, because Prince Harry (David) styles himself "Sol Invictus" the Unconquered Sun.  Notice the rays of yellow light emanating from the yellow I AM, just like beams of the sun.

Sol Invictus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

"Sol Invictus ("Unconquered Sun") was the official sun god of the later Roman Empire and a patron of soldiers."

Why ought we suppose Prince Harrry has made his Invictus Games all about soldiers, i.e. "wounded warriors"?   Prince Harry is blasphemously declaring himself to be God, the I AM of Exodus 3:14, "Sol Invictius," the unconquered sun.

Why do you think his she-wolf mother Diana engaged in her landmine campaign?  Because the virgin moon goddess Diana is guardian of roads.

St. Augustine
The City of God - Book VIII:

"Although they would have Apollo to be a diviner and physician, they have nevertheless given him a place as some part of the world. They have said that he is also the sun; and likewise they have said that Diana, his sister, is the moon, and the guardian of roads. Whence also they will have her be a virgin, because a road brings forth nothing. They also make both of them have arrows, because those two planets send their rays from the heavens to the earth."

Offline byhisgrace

• AOCB
  • Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
« Reply #2820 on: May 23, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »
Very good one :)

It was that and Xmen: First Class that got me to watch the older movies.
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2821 on: May 23, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »

There are thousands of actors for the Illuminati to choose from.  They are always very specific about who they choose for every role, which is easily proven.  It was not a coincidence that they chose an actor of similar age and body characteristics as Vladimir Putin, to play a character in the film who is a political officer named Ivan Putin.  I suppose that it was also just a coincidence that the film The Hunt For Red October was released on March 2, 1990, President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  I suppose it is also just a coincidence that Putin is born in October, and the film is the "hunt" for a new Soviet President Putin, Mr. 'Red October'.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Release Dates
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ql_dt_2

Mikhail Gorbachev
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

Really, if I was to choose between them I think I'd rather be some kind of Masonic Satanist than subscribe to your sad little tinfoil hat version of Christianity. All that research and paranoia just sounds exhausting and joyless.

Not trying to insult, just being honest.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:55:46 PM by Volnutt »

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2822 on: May 24, 2016, 02:35:32 AM »
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane and it was amazing. I was totally blown away by the atmosphere and the creepiness. John Goodman and Mary Winstead gave intense performances.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2823 on: May 24, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »
Bill (yes, the great S-man). Apparently, the team behind Horrible Histories can't do anything short of pant-wettingly funny.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2824 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
Yes, I believe the Illuminati engineered HRH Prince Harry ("Hairy") Wales to have red hair, because the twin of Jacob, Esau, was said to come out red and hairy, and the prophet King David is also said to be red or ruddy.  It is the same word for red to describe Esau and David in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin copies.  HRH Harry is Prince of Wales, and his supposed virgin mother Diana Princess of Wales, because St. David is the patron of Wales and the flag of Wales features a great red dragon :

King David was the eighth.   

Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.  And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (1 Samuel 16)

The Illuminati are preparing Prince Henry Albert Charles David to be anointed king.  Prince Henry is King Henry the Eighth I AM, I AM, just as David was the eighth, and the beast of the Apocalypse is the eighth king:

And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Revelation 17:10-11)

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The I AM of Harry's Invictus Games is yellow for the sun, because Prince Harry (David) styles himself "Sol Invictus" the Unconquered Sun.  Notice the rays of yellow light emanating from the yellow I AM, just like beams of the sun.

Sol Invictus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

"Sol Invictus ("Unconquered Sun") was the official sun god of the later Roman Empire and a patron of soldiers."

Why ought we suppose Prince Harrry has made his Invictus Games all about soldiers, i.e. "wounded warriors"?   Prince Harry is blasphemously declaring himself to be God, the I AM of Exodus 3:14, "Sol Invictius," the unconquered sun.

Why do you think his she-wolf mother Diana engaged in her landmine campaign?  Because the virgin moon goddess Diana is guardian of roads.

St. Augustine
The City of God - Book VIII:

"Although they would have Apollo to be a diviner and physician, they have nevertheless given him a place as some part of the world. They have said that he is also the sun; and likewise they have said that Diana, his sister, is the moon, and the guardian of roads. Whence also they will have her be a virgin, because a road brings forth nothing. They also make both of them have arrows, because those two planets send their rays from the heavens to the earth."

While I don't think you are describing a specific movie here...your version of reality would make a really good flick. 

I hope you do not allow all this to mess with your peace and joy.

To a degree I agree with you that this world is kind of spinning out of control....however, our responsibility in all this, is not to figure out who is who and what is going on....but, in making our little corner of the world good...and godly.  God put you where you are for a reason...bring kindness and joy to where you are.

Never let all this "get" to you.  God is still in charge...no matter what insanity goes on around us.  We may not live another week to see the world explode...we may meet our Maker today....so, focus on self more than on external things.  Don't let it get to you so much.

I wish you peace.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2825 on: May 24, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »

If Prince Harry ends up becoming king, he will be King Henry the Ninth.

*Poof* goes the argument 8)

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2826 on: May 24, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
TimeCast StimulCast Monochrome Print
Learn meditation.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2827 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »

If Prince Harry ends up becoming king, he will be King Henry the Ninth.

*Poof* goes the argument 8)

Well dang, you have to bring facts into the discussion. ;)

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #2828 on: May 24, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
Civil War.  Probably a top 3 or 4 "Avenger movie".  So take that for what it is.  I liked it a lot.  Would've been better if I wasn't around 2 five year old boys.  I'll have to watch it again when it counts to video.  I think one really needs to see winter soldier before this one.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2829 on: May 24, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »
One of my local DVD stores is closing. Managed to scoop up some good discounts - a lot of movies around $3 each. Including "Freejack," which I saw when it came out, and will soon relive in all its tacky glory.  :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:42:24 PM by biro »

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2830 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »
Pretty Woman

I find it interesting that Monica Lewinsky was raised in Beverly Hills, and Pretty Woman is set in Hollywood and Beverly Hills.  Julia Roberts' character Vivian is a hooker who engages in illicit encounters with married men, like allegedly was the case with Monica Lewinsky.  Julia Roberts' character in the film wears a black beret like Monica Lewinsky was famously photographed wearing with Bill Clinton.

Richard Gere is much older than Julia Roberts, just as Bill Clinton is much older than Monica Lewinsky.  Richard Gere is a very wealthy and powerful figure in the film―he is chauffeured around by a driver like the president, he flies around in a private jet, he tells people he wants privacy and the whole room instantly clears out, and he has a number of people at his beck and call, who cater to his every demand, just as they would the president. 

I should mention, since Richard Gere represents President Clinton in this film and his character's name is Edward Lewis, that Monica Lewinsky's mother goes by the name Marcia Lewis.

Julia Roberts also wears a skanky blue "dress" (ahem! mini-skirt) with tie-dye white stains on it, for Monica and the white-stained blue dress.  Edward invites Vivian up to his penthouse at the Regent Beverly Wilshire.

It is in this blue outfit that Vivian gives Edward, in his penthouse hotel room, forgive the crudeness, a "hummer," as it has colloquially come to be known. It is necessary to understand why this term was deliberately placed in the public's consciousness in the wake of the scandal. All this is related to the song "Devil With A Blue Dress On" in which the word "humdinger" is used, and also the song speaks of this "Pretty Woman" wearing a wig.  Julia Roberts ("Pretty Woman") wears a blonde wig at the beginning of the film when she is picked up off the street.  Monica on the TV show Friends wears a blonde wig at her Diner job for the same reason.

Julia Roberts (Vivian, i.e. Monica) is watching a re-run of I Love Lucy while she on her knees performs the dirty Lewinsky deed on Edward Lewis (Bill Clinton).

What episode of I Love Lucy is this?  It is the grape stomping episode entitled Lucy's Italian Movie, aired April 16, 1956, Pope Benedict's birthday.  Why is it important that Vivian (Monica) is watching this episode when she gives Edward a 'hummer'? (forgive the necessary crudeness of the expression).

Because in this episode, Lucy gets blue stains all over her dress from the grape fight, as in Monica Lewinsky and the stained blue dress.

Lucy's Italian Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3mEgAyMDiw

At around 19 minutes in is when Ricky tells Lucy to wash that "blue stuff" off her dress.

Vivian ends up becoming involved with her much older "boss" Edward (recall he hires her services for the week), not unlike how it was scripted for Monica Lewinsky to pretend to get involved with her much older boss, President William Jefferson Clinton.

Vivian (Julia Roberts, i.e. Monica Lewinsky) needs a cocktail dress to go meet her Prince Edward, just like the story in Cinderella, and the two wicked stepsisters (i.e. the two snotty saleswomen at the store on Rodeo Drive) refuse to help her.

The hotel manager of the Regent Beverly Wilshire, where Edward and Vivian are spending the week together, is very much like a father figure to Vivian. His name in the film is Barnard. Monica Lewinsky's father is named Bernard, essentially the same name, with just one letter difference.  He makes some calls and she eventually gets her cocktail dress so Cinderella can go meet her prince charming.

Later, Edward takes Vivian shopping on Rodeo Drive, and after he leaves she gets him a tie. One of the gifts Monica reportedly gave Clinton was a tie.

Pretty Woman (1990) and Julia Roberts, is all about the Monica Lewinsky affair, before Clinton had even announced he was running for president. The whole scandal was planned decades in advance.  There was no real affair.

Pretty Woman is a modern-day Cinderella story. Near the end of the film, when Vivian asks her prostitute friend Kit to cite an example of a name where it works out, she says Cinder-(expletive)-rella.  Julia Roberts tells Gere that she wants the fairy tale.

At the end of the film, Julia Roberts' character Vivian, before her prince Edward comes on a white horse (white Cadillac limo) and climbs up and rescues her from the tower, by "hooking" the ladder with his umbrella, tells her prostitute friend Kit that she is going to San Francisco. Monica Lewinsky was born in San Francisco. So the movie ends where Monica Lewinsky was born, and starts in Beverly Hills where she was raised.

The prostitute in the tower is a reference to St. Mary Magdalene, whose holy memory is sullied and slandered by some in the West.  The West also developed the idea that St. Mary Magdalene had red hair.  Magdalene means 'of the tower', hence Julia Roberts the prostitute with the red hair in the tower is alluding to St. Mary Magdalene.  Princess Diana is the Sandy Hooker, the Great Whore of Babylon with whom the kings of the earth (Pope Benedict) have committed fornication.

In Cinderella (1950), quite a bit of focus is on making her a suitable dress so she can meet her prince charming. Her two wicked stepsisters tore up the dress she was going to wear to meet the prince, so her fairy godmother conjured up another for her at the last minute.

What color was the dress that Cinderella wore to meet her prince charming?  A blue dress.

The film Pretty Woman (1990) is all about the Jewish princess Monica Lewinsky and the blue dress.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2831 on: May 27, 2016, 01:18:07 AM »
Stop. Please.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2832 on: May 27, 2016, 01:19:26 AM »
Don't listen to biro, you haven't reviewed any super-hero movie yet. I was discussing with my spiritual father which was more Satanic: DC or Marvel.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:27:42 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline byhisgrace

• AOCB
  • Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
« Reply #2833 on: May 27, 2016, 01:24:46 AM »
Who has seen the Jungle Book? Is it good?
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2834 on: May 27, 2016, 01:38:24 AM »
Don't listen to biro, you haven't reviewed any super-hero movie yet. I was discussing with my spiritual father which was more Satanic: DC or Marvel.

Marvel gave us the Howard the Duck movie. Case closed.